PDA

View Full Version : kogers Hot Rod Renegade video

idahoron
09-13-2015, 10:02 PM
Looks real good!! WHile your there go ahead and check out my other videos. I have a few Muzzleloader videos, and some Sturgeon Fishing in inflatable pontoons.

https://youtu.be/7mIyYS4MvyM

bubba.50
09-13-2015, 10:54 PM
well dang. thought i'd get to see him shoot the beast a time or two:Fire:. nice lookin' gun though.

True.grit
09-14-2015, 12:03 AM
Sweet hot rod.

koger
09-14-2015, 06:15 AM
Thanks a bunch Ron!!

Col4570
09-14-2015, 10:34 AM
I am not so sure about the Modern Scope on a Traditional Type Rifle.

koger
09-14-2015, 11:38 AM
I hunt with iron sights also, will be using a Flinlock here in Ky this year, butwhenhunting at longer ranges, which these guns are more than capable of doing , I want to wring all the accuracy I can out of them, to make a clean, quick kill. I am planning on using this rifle, and a TC Omega .50 hunting mule deer where shots can be long. I may switch to peep sights, after load development is done, if that strikes my fancy. I would hate to travel along way, might only get 1-2 shots, and not be able to make the shot due to poor light!

idahoron
09-14-2015, 07:08 PM
Are you planning to use my load in that gun?

johnson1942
09-14-2015, 08:18 PM
kroger, we will load a couple of my guns also, we will have plenty of back up guns if you miss the first shot. i think their are plenty of deer out their, my daughter found a nice buck with the front end of her mothers car. bent the wheels and did a lot of damage. im glad she didnt get hurt. last year my wife killed a recond buck with one of our old pickups. just slid down the side and dented it in but i think the big mirror that the buck took off the truck did the buck in. a group of natives gutted it out right away and ate good for a while. its rack was huge.

koger
09-14-2015, 08:43 PM
Yep Ron I plan to do just that, going to cast some slugs this week! I am also going to try it in my TC Omega, if it works, I will continue do shoot it in it ! Roger I aint picky, cant eat the horns you know! Looking forward to spending quality time with you guys as much as the hunt, and getting to see that beautiful country, been dreaming of that since I was a kid 12 years old, reading Elmer Keith's hunting stories and gun articles in Guns and Ammo!

Fly
09-14-2015, 09:01 PM
Ron you are disappointing me buy that glass scope atop that rifle. You had no problem with that peep sight.

Dam son & you been my hero, Fly (wink)

idahoron
09-14-2015, 10:30 PM
Yep Ron I plan to do just that, going to cast some slugs this week! I am also going to try it in my TC Omega, if it works, I will continue do shoot it in it !

If you use the 80 grains of Pyrodex P remember that should weigh 64.5 actual grains. a guy I know had his measure throwing 80 grains but it was only 57 actual. The gun shot like ****.

idahoron
09-14-2015, 10:36 PM
Ron you are disappointing me buy that glass scope atop that rifle. You had no problem with that peep sight.

Dam son & you been my hero, Fly (wink)

Not to worry citizen, that gun is not mine!

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd294/idahoron/superman1_zps903aji6v.jpg

koger sent me the video and I just posted it. We are Peeps only in this State. I am old school!!!!

crossxsticks
09-21-2015, 12:39 PM
you got any pictures of your bedding job, wondering how far out to end you bedded .