PDA

View Full Version : Swap'n & Sell'n forum ???? for Mods.

root
09-13-2015, 10:44 AM
I see the new rules for the S&S forum. it states guns reloading and lead only.

I had a few tools for gun smithing I was going to list but now I'm not sure and don't want to write the add and have it pulled.
I ask because I bought a metal lathe off of a board member there a few years ago and it's great but it's technically not a reloading tool even though I use it for that.

So I figured I'd ask here about tools before I listed them up just to have it deleted.
thanks
Rich

oneokie
09-13-2015, 10:49 AM
Paragraph # 2 of the Rules Sticky in S&S:

We will allow casting related items. We will allow machine tooling, as this type item is used in mold making, and swaging dies. We will not allow things like table saws, air conditioners, clothing, vacuum cleaners, or pool tables. Tools related to building firearms are permitted. These are specific tools, so don't try dodging things here.

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-13-2015, 10:51 AM
You are OK to sell gunsmithing tooling.

S&S Rules and Definitions

Reason for Rules:
As time has gone on, more and more items have been showing up on this part of the forum, that are not casting related. And, casting, reloading tools, accessories, and firearm items are the only items that are acceptable for sale here. We don't want someone stretching things to include Uncle Jacks socks, because he cast boolits in them, back in 1946.

We will allow casting related items. We will allow machine tooling, as this type item is used in mold making, and swaging dies. We will not allow things like table saws, air conditioners, clothing, vacuum cleaners, or pool tables. Tools related to building firearms are permitted. These are specific tools, so don't try dodging things here.

edited: Looks like Oneokie beat me to it...I cut/paste kinda slow I guess :(

root
09-13-2015, 10:58 AM
WOW in the time I put my boots on to go outside .....

Thanks for the speedy answer.
They are small anvils made out of rail road/ mining track.

So I wasn't sure, they are good for certain aspects of reloading and gunsmithing but as I said better to check then to just go ahead and violate the rules.

I have more of these then I need ( 23 feet total laid end to end. LOL)
SO if small RR anvils meet the specs. I'll talke some pix and list them up later today.

Again thanks
Rich

Hamish
09-13-2015, 04:03 PM
A handy, bench sized piece of steel, designed to be beat on to unbend what you didn't mean to bend?

Sure better than trying to peen something out on the base of your reloading press,,,,,,.

Everyone needs one periodically.

shooter93
09-13-2015, 06:00 PM
Well Nolan......long ago I had a pool table. I didn't play pool much so I pushed it into a corner and had my guns spread all over it. Soooooo...I'm going to sell it as a felt covered gun/mold cabinet ok?

oneokie
09-13-2015, 06:08 PM
You can do that on several other gun related sites I would imagine, just not on this one.

OBIII
09-13-2015, 10:44 PM
You rock Scott. I've got a freezer that I ripped the compressor and shelves out of. I was thinking of selling it as a poor mans gun/powder locker. :)

OB

P.S. Just funnin Nolan.

MaryB
09-14-2015, 12:23 AM
Table saw can be used to cut blanks for rifle stocks!