PDA

View Full Version : WOW! Where have I been all this time?!!

pretzelxx
09-11-2015, 03:30 PM
I just recently opened the forum in my browser for the first time in AGES. I click on the sponsor links to see what's new with them... I go to inline fabrication and to my surprise I watched my bank account reach 0!!

I wish I had opened my browser about a year and a half ago! Yall really surprise me some times with the crazy good ideas you can come up with to make life super easy. Just yesterday I was wondering why it sucked so much to dig boolits out of the top of a sizing "catch" from lee. Now I'll get that tray holder and bolt it to my bench top... as well as that case ejector, and some lighting... and maybe a few other things!
It's good to open my eyes once in a while and get off my phone! Good things happen on a PC :)

Maximumbob54
09-11-2015, 03:38 PM
Check out InlineFab's quick change mounts. By themselves they are nice but not a new idea. But pair them with the fact that the Ultramount can be paired with the quick change mount... Now I have a tall Ultra mount that's my main press location, I have a shorter one for a semi mobile bench, and I'm going to order another one just to mount to some 2x12. Then anywhere I can C clamp down the 2x12 (at the range, on a TV tray, anywhere you can think of...) I now have a whole reloading station on the go!!! And it's not some whimpy setup like a small single stage like a Pardner press or the cheap Lee because it can have any quick change mount added to it and be as rock solid as you can mount the 2x12... I could literally carry my Hornady LNL AP to the range with me if I wanted. Not that I'm going that nuts but I'm just trying to convey what a useful setup those two items alone could be. Oh gag, I'm a fanboy of yet another product line. Sheesh.

pretzelxx
09-11-2015, 03:42 PM
I almost wish I had a pickup to mount those mounts to in the bed. Go to the range and produce a load, shooting and change if need to. No need to come up with a load at home anymore! HA! If only...

The "bench" I have at home is a half inch piece of plywood C clamped to a cheap ikea computer desk. Super flimsy and wiggles almost every time I pull the handle of my press. I don't have enough space to build a 6 foot long bench like I told my wife I was going to two years ago. Some day, maybe when I have a garage instead of a car port...