PDA

View Full Version : Another batch about done

country gent
09-10-2015, 03:35 PM
Saturday I got a very lean shoulder roast at krogers from the managers special section at a good price. Was just over 6 lbs no bones. Yesterday sliced it 1/2 pieces and put it to marinating over night. Marinate was wosheshire sauce, hickory liquid smoke, teriaki sauce, a few slices of red onion salt black pepper and red pepper. This morning I stared a small fire in the smoker and let burn to coals and put the meat on with hickory wood chips. been adding charcoal and wood chips all day smoking curing it to jerky now. Ill end up with almost a gallon bag of beef jerky for me and the family tonight. Been checking it every 1/2 hour 45 mins all day long adding a few briquettes and wood chips as needed. Will be in the smoker for 6-8 hours when done.

lightman
09-10-2015, 05:20 PM
Yum Yum, My mouth is watering!

woodbutcher
09-10-2015, 09:39 PM
[smilie=1: Hi country gent.That will do for me.What are y`all gonna have?:-D
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

country gent
09-10-2015, 09:50 PM
Well after my 2 daughters, son and grandkids claim thier shares there wont be alot left for me. Last batch was a 4lb roast and after family had sandwich bags to take home with them I had about 6 pieces left for me. I like to keep a bag in the truck with a few pieces for when I get hungry and out and about. I have shared it with people at the club occasionally also. One gentlemans younger son will come up to me and ask if I have any meat candy with me when he sees me. LOL. In the spring I make the first batch and give some to Dad as a bag with a few slices is welcome when hes working the fields. Its a great snack keeps well and is better than candies and cakes

woodbutcher
09-12-2015, 01:41 AM
:-D Yep.Anything is better than sweets for a snack.Years ago,a friend used to use one 35lb elk roast for his home made jerky.Now THAT was some fine eats.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo