PDA

View Full Version : Lead and lotts of it.

Tenbender
09-08-2015, 05:11 PM
I just got a email from a guy at the local scrap yard. In about 2 weeks he has 4400 lb's of xray lead coming in. That's as pure as it gets. If anyone wants it let me know. I'm thinking around .80 per lb. Might do better.
Need to take it all. If you only want , lets say, 500 lb. It is $1.00 lb.
Sleep on it. [smilie=6:

Scharfschuetze
09-08-2015, 09:35 PM
That's a nice offer Tenbender. Unfortunately, I'm on the other side of the continent from you. Oh well.

runfiverun
09-09-2015, 03:07 PM
I could use a good pile of it, but that is just a bit outside my travels.
if shipping is involved...

mongoose33
09-10-2015, 09:09 AM
Do you deliver? :)

I'm in Wisconsin; if i were closer, I'd be all over that.

Green Frog
09-10-2015, 09:56 AM
Tenbender, I'm in Central VA (Lynchburg) and might be able to justify the drive... how far out South West of me is this scrap yard? Also, do you have any indication of what kind of blocks, bricks or slabs it will be in? I already have some big chunks I can't figure out how to easily cut up to get into my smelting pot. BTW, a friend in Pulaski sells some really good scrap tin in little "muffins." "Louie, this sounds like the beginning of a beautiful friendship." Please send me a PM with particulars.

Froggie

Wayne Smith
09-10-2015, 11:19 AM
Me in the Tidewater area may be shopping for two of us. Need to look at winerys in the area too to justify the trip to LOML!

Green Frog
09-10-2015, 12:05 PM
Wayne, another possibility might be for me to get a batch and bring it back as far as L'burg, then let you pick up your portion here. That way we could also get the bulk price as well. Drop me a PM or e-mail.

Froggie

lobowolf761
09-10-2015, 12:08 PM
I just got a email from a guy at the local scrap yard. In about 2 weeks he has 4400 lb's of xray lead coming in. That's as pure as it gets. If anyone wants it let me know. I'm thinking around .80 per lb. Might do better.
Need to take it all. If you only want , lets say, 500 lb. It is $1.00 lb.
Sleep on it. [smilie=6:
What part of the mountains are you in. I maybe interested in some.