PDA

View Full Version : Had a good holiday weekend

frkelly74
09-07-2015, 10:16 PM
We had occasion to see some of our new home State of Florida over the weekend, so we did. Our Church held a retreat over near Gainsville at the Florida Bible Camp and it sounded like real fun. It was and the fellowship was remarkable. We studied from Pauls letters to Philemon and to The Phillipians and had a service Sunday Morning which was a reminder that we are not yet home and whatever happens you will get home if you remain faithful to the Lord. In between times we ate and played some games and Saturday we went canoeing down a short stretch of the Santa Fe River as it leaves the town of High Springs. It was beautiful, the springs that feed into the river are chrystal clear and when that water hits the tea colored river it is quite striking. We sang around an open fire at night and the bugs wern't bad. On the way home I saw Two bears crossing the road at the turn off to the rifle range by the fire tower on FL40 east of Ocala. And we got home Safe and sound through pouring rain on I95. I just had the feeling that I and mine were in the palm of the Lords hand all the time.

jmort
09-07-2015, 10:50 PM
Sounds like a blessed day. Good for you.

jcwit
09-07-2015, 11:10 PM
Had a great weekend, went to my wife's family reunion, was there maybe 2 minutes and was asked to leave, man couldn't have suited me better, I was out of there in less than a minute. Wife asked me where I was during the reunion, told her that her sister made an a$$ of herself and I left, said she thought that might have been it. Spent the rest of the day doing things I enjoy.

Today was a laid back rest up day & a day of target practice.

Life is good.

mjwcaster
09-08-2015, 12:17 AM
Vacation was postponed, so I got my daughters room painted, started fixing drywall in the bathroom, garage cleaned/sorted somewhat, and cast a bunch of boolits with a new mould among other things.
Ate with friends and another dinner at my folks.

Yep, a good weekend, even with no fishing or hunting.