PDA

View Full Version : NRA TV Ad

jcwit
09-07-2015, 08:16 PM
Anyone see the NRA ads on tv?

Anyone see the NRA ads with Marcus Luttrell "The Lone Survivor" on tv?

Pretty powerful to say the least!

duckey
09-07-2015, 08:17 PM
I haven't but I'm glad they are running them with some good folks.

Hogtamer
09-07-2015, 08:43 PM
the best I ever remember

seagiant
09-07-2015, 10:24 PM
Hi,
Well....that's a move in the right direction for the NRA!

That's coming from a man that has been there and done that!!!

People in this country (including a LOT on this Forum) need to wake up and smell the coffee!!!

I'm still waiting to see an NRA banner under every name on this forum!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKpfD_MECgE

propwashp47
09-07-2015, 10:49 PM
where may one obtain the n r a banner?

jcwit
09-07-2015, 11:16 PM
where may one obtain the n r a banner?

Go to your profile, check out permission groups, there you go!

M-Tecs
09-07-2015, 11:35 PM
Tonight for the first time. Great TV Ad.

sliphammer
09-07-2015, 11:53 PM
Yep - great ad

seagiant
09-08-2015, 12:13 PM
Hi,
Well I put a link in my post to try to give this thread some life...but

Looks like I killed it anyway!

People just don't like to look in the mirror and see the problem!

Freightman
09-08-2015, 01:33 PM
I didn't protest when they came after my neighbor, he is a Jew I am not. I didn't protest when they came after the Catholics, I am not one, I said nothing when they came after the Gays cause I aint one., I said nothing when they said assault rifles are banned cause I don't have one. Then they came after my pistols, I looked for help and there was none because I didn't like to get advertisements in the mail about the NRA.
May not agree with all they do, but I don't agree all the time with my wife or sister or bro. but they will stand up for me.
If you can't afford $35 a year, can you afford not to have a gun?
Off my soap box getting my flame proof suit.

dragon813gt
09-08-2015, 01:39 PM
I will watch it when I get off work. I don't have TV so I don't see any commercials. In some ways this is a blessing. I think the NRA should run TV commercials. Let people know we are out there and not a fringe group. Which is how the media spins it. If every firearm owner was a member we would not have the issues we do. There is strength in numbers. And in this case the number would be to large to spin in a negative light.

A pause for the COZ
09-08-2015, 03:11 PM
Is it being aired on regular TV or on sportsman's channels were we are likely to be the ones to see it?
Its been a complaint of mine that they spend most of their time selling the sold. Rather than selling to the ones who need to be sold.
I understand getting me riled up so I will send more money. They need money to fight. But we really need more members. Many many more.

If they are not generating a complaint from the left by running the ad were they ran the ad. They are not putting it in the right place. If they complain then you know your hitting home base.

foesgth
09-08-2015, 03:13 PM
If you can't afford $35 a year, can you afford not to have a gun?
Off my soap box getting my flame proof suit.

No flames here! Use this link to my gun clubs website and get membership for $25. Oh look! a sale.

http://www.wegc.org/wordpress/?p=9365

ole 5 hole group
09-08-2015, 03:31 PM
For the past month or so these commercials have aired and these are the same ones I alluded to in my post relative to the past thread on NRA polls. IMO money well spent by the NRA - just wish they would be aired on more channels/stations but it's a good start.

jcwit
09-08-2015, 03:59 PM
Very possible the other networks will not allow the ads.

dragon813gt
09-08-2015, 05:40 PM
Is it being aired on regular TV or on sportsman's channels were we are likely to be the ones to see it?
Its been a complaint of mine that they spend most of their time selling the sold. Rather than selling to the ones who need to be sold.

How many NRA members are there? How many firearm owners are there? Pretty easy to see they aren't preaching to choir. I have hope that people will wake up and help themselves. Unfortunately w/ the majority of people being selfish helping themselves is a requirement.

seagiant
09-08-2015, 06:18 PM
Hi,
Well...It's pretty neat seeing all these red and blue NRA Banners under everybody's name here!

My local gun club has it as a requirement that you have to belong!

I'm thinking of starting a thread here for people to post when they join the NRA for the first time?

I'm curious what percentage of members here are in with us???

Bzcraig
09-09-2015, 12:44 AM
Great ad indeed! The libs would be hard pressed to criticize Luttrell and still be respected.

montana_charlie
09-09-2015, 02:02 PM
We get television through DirecTV, and I have seen the NRA ads on the Foxnews Channel.