PDA

View Full Version : Utah

Thumbcocker
09-07-2015, 05:24 PM
Made it to Utah. Plan is to check out canyon lands and cedar breaks then mosey up to Vernal. Hope to take some back country roads, see some country and shoot some rocks. Life is good.

ShooterAZ
09-07-2015, 05:58 PM
If you get a chance, check out Arches National Park...you won't regret it!

Firebricker
09-07-2015, 07:09 PM
Price is a good place to stay and visit on your way to arches park. If you go by Sunnyside and see the Big Horn Sheep most evenings. Browning museum is in Ogden. The salt flats are the other way but neat to drive on. It is a beautiful state enjoy your trip. FB

marvelshooter
09-07-2015, 07:25 PM
If you get a chance check out Monument Valley. This is where Forrest Gump stopped running. There is a small wooden sign even though Google says there is not.148471

quilbilly
09-07-2015, 08:14 PM
I love the Cedar Breaks area and especially the country just east of it. Guy could get lost up there and not want to be found. A weekend at one of the condos at Brian Head would help do the country justice. A varmint rifle and a coyote call would have to join the fishing tackle. Rumor has it there is some fair blue grouse hunting up there as well.

Bad Water Bill
09-07-2015, 08:40 PM
No matter what else you pack into your vehicle be sure to leave plenty of space for FULL WATER JUGS.

Sweetpea
09-07-2015, 09:55 PM
Yep, Brian Head is decent, but a little too crowded for me...

I spent over two months up there last summer in a condo, BUT... I was working on the condo buildings, sunup until sundown.

Cedar mountain is beautiful, they are finally culling the dead trees from the bark beetles.

Ralph, you and the missus know that you are welcome at my campfire ( or house ) anytime!

BUT...

Come Friday, I'm headed to the hills, going to try to help one of my buds put down a big bull elk.

Enjoy the visit!

gpidaho
09-07-2015, 10:17 PM
Most have no idea what a beautiful state Utah truly is. Enjoy your stay and come see us in Idaho when you can We're pretty proud of our scenery and game opportunities also. Travel safe Gp

DeanoBeanCounter
09-07-2015, 10:34 PM
North Springs Shooting Rang just outside of Price is a great place to shoot whatever you have that shoots (rifle, bow, shotgun, ect.). They even have a cowboy town. The county sunk a lot of $$$$$ into it.
Most of all, enjoy your trip.
Dean

elk hunter
09-08-2015, 10:06 AM
I've been to Cedar Breaks, beautiful! We drove up from the SLC side. If I remember correctly, it's been several years, the grade getting up there is VERY steep and the altitude quite high. My Chevy pickup with camper, powered by a 454, would only do about 20 mph tops. We also stopped at "Coral Pink Sand Dunes" another beautiful area.

rockshooter
09-08-2015, 12:27 PM
if in the Ogden area, a visit to the Browning outlet in Morgan is a great store
Loren

toallmy
09-08-2015, 02:33 PM
If you can go through Zion national park take the time.my wife's favorite state to drive through . I'm from Virginia.

GaryN
09-08-2015, 03:29 PM
If you're already going to Vernal, there are a lot of prairie dog towns around Bonanza. I used to go out there and hunt them. I once got a 220 swift barrel so hot I couldn't touch it. Yes, I ruined it.

Paul_R
09-14-2015, 01:03 PM
Lonely roads with out of state plates. Watch your speedo.

Maven
09-14-2015, 01:39 PM
Just got back (early Sunday AM) from a long delayed trip to Zion & Brice Nat'l. Parks as well as The Arches & Canyon Lands. The scenery was spectacular and immensely different than what we have in NY. Really liked the small town atmosphere around Zion (stayed ~2 mi. from the park entrance).

MtGun44
09-15-2015, 12:15 PM
Dead Horse Point has some great views, north of Moab about 10 miles, then turn west and go about 15-20 to the end of the
road. Maps show it. Really nice views of the canyons and the river.

Of course, Arches is great. If you are in shape for hiking, the hike to Double O arches is really nice, not hard, but bring water
and best to start early.

Bill