PDA

View Full Version : Lead/Gold alloy

gwalchmai
04-02-2008, 12:56 PM
Could you mix some gold into a lead boolit and get a heavier (denser) one?

Would it be of any use other than to waste money?

carpetman
04-02-2008, 01:05 PM
gwalchmai----As we all know it requires a silver bullet for werewolves. The wolves the government is using to replenish them in Montana where the folks have been suffering severe depravation without them are much more costly. A gold bullet would be more compatible. You are on to something here. It would require a vast amount of experimentation. Send me your gold and I'll sacrafice my time and work on it for you.

HORNET
04-02-2008, 01:07 PM
The way lead prices are going, it might reduce alloy costs.....

montana_charlie
04-02-2008, 01:25 PM
The wolves the government is using to replenish them in Montana where the folks have been suffering severe depravation without them are much more costly. A gold bullet would be more compatible.
Those Montana wolves were recently removed from the 'protected' list. I guess it means they can be shot.
I have not heard that a gold bullet would be required, but it may be part of the conditions under which they can be legally killed.

If true, the rancher will probably need to add another rifle to the rack in his pickup...one loaded specifically for wolves.

A gold bullet requirement would limit the number of Montanans blazing away at 'el lobo'. That means it will take considerably longer to get the population back down to zero...
CM

HORNET
04-02-2008, 06:37 PM
On the other hand, either the gold or silver ones would be legal in Kalifornia Condor Country.

shooter93
04-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Gold bullets were experimented with years ago including pure gold...they were all recovered ofcourse....it was no better or worse than lead alloys.

MtGun44
04-03-2008, 02:20 AM
Please bring all of your gold boolits to my private range to shoot them.

Range fees are free, and the beer is on the house, too. For
lead boolits, buy your own beer. [smilie=1:

Bill