PDA

View Full Version : Eh, it's got alcohol... Great Lakes Brewing "Sharpshooter Session Wheat IPA"

ohland
09-01-2015, 05:53 PM
Eh, I'll stick with Weissbeir. But the artwork is cool...

https://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/sharpshooter

Stewbaby
09-01-2015, 06:03 PM
Wonder if they ship? Got to try it once.

gsdelong
09-01-2015, 06:16 PM
Not my kind of beer but Great Lakes does not make anything bad.

Clay M
09-01-2015, 07:20 PM
I am just a redneck. I drink PBR..it is easier on my pocketbook..
I like the Craft beers but I don't need the extra calories, alcohol, or expense..

If I spend the extra money I buy a nice bottle of red wine and drink it on the weekends.

I haven't bought whisky in years..I love single malt scotch...TOO much.

lightman
09-01-2015, 07:33 PM
I've had some stuff from GreatLakes Brewery. I would try this one.

Geraldo
09-01-2015, 07:41 PM
They don't ship but they do have some distribution. My favorite was Blackout Stout.

Clay M
09-01-2015, 07:43 PM
I love Guinness, but only on tap..

I like the IPA beers, but find I am better off without them..

MaryB
09-02-2015, 01:55 AM
For general drinking I prefer Fat Tire Ale, for something different a small local brewery makes some "interesting" beers http://braubeer.com/the-beer/

And I avoid wheat beers, to dry usually for me.

akajun
09-02-2015, 09:00 AM
Ill drink some next year at Camp Perry after each match.

starnbar
09-02-2015, 09:04 AM
When I worked for Dodge we drank carling or moosehead and pabst now I might have a miller after dinner now and then.

Clay M
09-02-2015, 09:34 AM
When I worked for Dodge we drank carling or moosehead and pabst now I might have a miller after dinner now and then.

I like Moosehead.That is good beer, though I haven't had any in years.

Lloyd Smale
09-02-2015, 10:58 AM
not much of a fancy beer guy. Mostly bud here. But I do like an occasional pale ale.

starmac
09-03-2015, 03:38 AM
At one time (a pretty long time) I was pert near a professional beer drinker, but you guys drink stuff i have never even heard of. lol

I worked a couple of weeks in a grocery store when I was 13, part of my jobs was stocking the beer in the cooler. I never once had to put a can of pbr beer in the cooler. The cans that were in there were literally rusty, I doubt they ever sold one. Years later I was in a local bar and they were cleaning out the coolers, they threw away several cases, the owner said he had only ever sold one or two cans. lol I ask who drinks the stuff, and was told it was pretty popular in yankee land, but had never caught on down south, sounded reasonable except for the fact that back then we averaged 6,000 yanks a month moving in, and I never ever seen one drinking pbr, maybe they were just trying to fit in in Texas, or mayhaps they were expected to drink that stuff up north, and didn't have to anymore. lol

lightman
09-03-2015, 06:46 AM
PBR seems to be making a comeback. Its actually one of the better domestic beers in my opinion. Craft beer is really booming, with new breweries and new beer popping up everyday. Even those interested can't keep up with them.

Clay M
09-03-2015, 09:34 AM
PBR seems to be making a comeback. Its actually one of the better domestic beers in my opinion. Craft beer is really booming, with new breweries and new beer popping up everyday. Even those interested can't keep up with them.

I grew up drinking Bud and PBR.
I always liked PBR best.Then for many years I couldn't find it . Now it is back but only in a few stores..
I agree it is the best domestic beer for the money, and is making a comeback.
The beer I hated in the old days was Schlitz. I never could figure how anyone could drink it.

I don't really care for Coors of Miller either.
I use to drink a good bit of Rolling Rock, but I have not seen any for a while now.

44man
09-05-2015, 03:50 PM
Bud light will make me spit it out. Regular Bud is a bunch of rice to raise the alcohol. They cut down on barley and raise the price.
PBR is OK in a pinch but Milwaukee's best is better for a cheap beer.
I don't drink beer to feel it, I drink it for flavor so I make a lot of my own.
Friend gave me a Bud light and I got a gag reflex. Miller light is decent.
Craft beer is where it is at today but expensive. Carol found beer at Aldy's for $6 and change, for a 6 pack. Wild Range IPA and it is GREAT. Glad to see them have beer now. Bought $4 wine there and it was as good as $15 dollar stuff.
You can get awful good beer at a good price but I NEVER buy Bud. Old panther pee!

MaryB
09-05-2015, 09:17 PM
Having a Summit Brewing Extra Pale Ale. Tasty, nice bitter note, citrus notes, very dry finish.

Clay M
09-05-2015, 09:30 PM
I love the IPA's but..
I don't need the excess alcohol.

It is my birthday tomorrow , so I may just have a nice bottle of Menage a Tros California Red wine..

I also love great wine, but can't have it very often..

am a very strong willed person, so I moderate what I drink..

I understand what it is..

I will never buy whisky again..

Whatever I have left to offer the world won't involver alcohol.

I just hope I am able to go back to college and get the degrees I need to work until I die.
I don't want to ever retire..

jonp
09-06-2015, 04:34 PM
Great Lakes makes good stuff for sure. Looks like witbeer to me.

After casting, sizing a lubing a few hundred 358140 swc to celebrate Labor Day i am having a glass of Brooklyn Brewing's Intensified Series Barrel Aged Coffee Porter.

I am waiting for their fall release of their Chocolate Stout. I buy 2 cases and put it in the closet to last me well into the new year. One or two each week to see how it changes as it ages

jonp
09-06-2015, 04:36 PM
Having a Summit Brewing Extra Pale Ale. Tasty, nice bitter note, citrus notes, very dry finish.
You like Cascade Hops? If you like that type of light flavorable beer/ale try and find Unibroue from Canada. Several types, all fantastic. I bought some years ago in Coaticook, PQ and was hooked. La Fin Du Monde, Maudite, Trois Pistoles all good and some of the nicest label art.

Don de Dieu ( Gift Of God)

Maudite (The Damned)

Blonde de Chambly

Trois Pistoles

La Fin du Monde ( The End Of The World) this is a triple but world class as in 96 of 100 on Beer Advocate.

jonp
09-06-2015, 04:41 PM
I like Moosehead.That is good beer, though I haven't had any in years.
I remember their ad's on the radio. Lot's of static then " this is radio-free Moosehead. The voice of Canada's oldest independant brewer".

We usually bought Labatt Blue

Clay M
09-06-2015, 06:08 PM
I remember their ad's on the radio. Lot's of static then " this is radio-free Moosehead. The voice of Canada's oldest independant brewer".

We usually bought Labatt Blue

I personally liked Moosehead better than Heineken. To me Heineken is too skunky... probably because it is old by the time it gets here..

I love Guinness.. Wish I had some on tap right now..
My roommate in college was a serious beer head , so yeah, we drank mucho beer.

jonp
09-06-2015, 06:14 PM
If you like a dry stout like Guinness then try some Guinness Export. It's not the same stuff and is much better, imho, than Guinness. Drank it in Africa, India and Central America.

Clay M
09-06-2015, 06:19 PM
If you like a dry stout like Guinness then try some Guinness Export. It's not the same stuff and is much better, imho, than Guinness. Drank it in Africa, India and Central America.

Thanks I will look for it.
I would have to say that Guinness on tap is my favorite of everything..

The only thing I like better is single malt Scotch..
and I no longer allow myself to have that..

MaryB
09-07-2015, 12:42 AM
Haven't heard of it... none of the local stores carry it. I try just about everything new so they usually point them out to me. I have a few favorites but Fat Tire Ale is my go to I want a beer after mowing or working outside beer.

You like Cascade Hops? If you like that type of light flavorable beer/ale try and find Unibroue from Canada. Several types, all fantastic. I bought some years ago in Coaticook, PQ and was hooked. La Fin Du Monde, Maudite, Trois Pistoles all good and some of the nicest label art.

Don de Dieu ( Gift Of God)

Maudite (The Damned)

Blonde de Chambly

Trois Pistoles

La Fin du Monde ( The End Of The World) this is a triple but world class as in 96 of 100 on Beer Advocate.

NavyVet1959
09-07-2015, 02:46 AM
I built my own kegerator out of a spare fridge. The most difficult think I have to do these days is decide which keg of beer I'm going to be drinking when it is time to refill. A keg lasts me about 6 months. My current keg is Sierra Nevada Topedo IPA. I had tried it bottled and liked it enough to buy a keg of it. I prefer dark beers though -- Guinness, Abita TurboDog, No Label Brewery "Black Wit-O", BJ's Tatonka Stout (http://www.bjsrestaurants.com/bj-beers/beers/tatonka-stout), etc. I've stumbled across a few really good beers that were not dark (i.e. you could see light coming through a glass of them) in my travels overseas, but I didn't bother to make the effort to remember the name since I figured I would never find them again back in the US. My favorite Aussie beer is probably Toohey's (in the 25oz can, of course). I'm not a particular fan of Foster's, but Foster's Bitter is definitely better than regular Foster's and both are better than any of the mass-market American beers. Foster's is kangaroo piss whereas Foster's Bitter is *aged* kangaroo piss. :)

Of course, Bud is Clydesdale piss; Molsen is caribou piss; Lone Star is Longhorn piss; Coors is Rocky Mountain Sheep piss; etc... :)

funnyjim014
09-07-2015, 12:19 PM
Im happy to say buffalo has had a large increase in micro brewing. Inthe last3 years at least 6 new factories have popped upand all make wonderful beer. Anything by greatlakes is good stuff