PDA

View Full Version : Bad weekend

Harter66
08-31-2015, 12:34 PM
My Ms had an eye appointment for new glasses . The insurance didn't cover half of what it did last year. $200 bucks for for barely entry level glasses . The Reno traffic was just stupid there must have been about 5000 rented motor homes driven by idiots that I doubt had driven a long bed pickup . They apparently never swung anything wide but a Prius around a speed bump . There all headed to some hippie kegger out in the desert ,the shelves are stripped bare and gas gouging at every turn because of it .
I had to pay $25 resort fee for the rooms and have a $100 damage deposit for the room for two nights .
The servers in the restaurants were always at our table "more tea ? Anything I can get you ?" Yeah how's about 5 minutes instead of 2 so I can actually enjoy this prime rib which by the way this isn't it just a top rib roast.....
Can you believe it ? This place has 10 valet parking attendants and 9nly 1 can drive a stick .
My god ,the bathing suits at the pool . Doesn't anybody have any respect for themselves any more ? The men had more rolls hanging out than a NYC bakery. The women were either see through skeletons or at the other extreme . Why oh why is there a full service bar on the pool ? The pool attendants were constantly hassling someone about their kid being in the fountain or the jet tube.
The thrift stores must have wanted their cut out of the hippie convention too . $7.50 ea for a pewter cream pitcher and sugar bowl and they didn't even have lids ,thank god they sold those as a $7.50 pair instead of each .
When did it become ok to pay you to fill out a CC application? Really tee shirts and gift cards just for applying. How stupid is that no wonder everyplace needs a damned bail out ......
Why are BP caps still $8/100 ? Come on already . Why are there no Large Pistol primers , they were there when you couldn't find a Small anything primer but now they're not and there's probably a million or more small everything in all the stores .

Harter66
08-31-2015, 12:35 PM
Oh yeah I had a flat on the way home too.

starmac
08-31-2015, 12:45 PM
I take it things changed after you had some time to think about it. lol

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?286695-Great-weekend&p=3361506#post3361506

I worked 2 summers at wells when the freaks were coming through headed to burning man.
You can and will see stuff you can never unsee, and I am pretty sure it is no longer (if it ever was) a kegger, beer has long been replaced by other more power substances. lol
I don't think you could drink enough beer to run around nekid covered in alkali dust for a week and call it fun. lol

snowwolfe
08-31-2015, 12:49 PM
I think your state needs to legalize weed so you can spend some evenings winding down and relaxing:)

Harter66
08-31-2015, 02:04 PM
I think your state needs to legalize weed so you can spend some evenings winding down and relaxing:)

We do have a script clause , licensed pharmacy etc.

Star,
I had an English teacher some 30 yr ago that could both make you drool at the description of a pepperoni and sausage pizza or gag .

This has been an experiment of sorts , what it shows is that we are more likely to talk about a poor experience than a good 1. I've noticed this more and more lately.

Same pizza different perspective.

Digger
08-31-2015, 02:07 PM
Drive home Hwy 395 from Carson City to Minden every afternoon and yes ... you can spot all the "Burner RV's" heading up the road ..
Stand out like a sore thumb , some look like they went to the junkyard and bought it for a one time use .
Around the Lake Tahoe area , there are one or two that are "modded" just for that occasion , they sit in thier driveway the rest of the year.
After Burning Man is over , it can get really entertaining watching all the alkali , white dust covered rv's going south out of town ....
Laugh a bit when I see a tow truck pulling the same down the road also ...

thekidd76
08-31-2015, 02:10 PM
hilarious OP...and point well taken.

waksupi
08-31-2015, 02:41 PM
You can at least beat some of the eye glass cost. Takes a few weeks for delivery, but hey, a buck's a buck.

http://www.zennioptical.com/

starmac
08-31-2015, 02:46 PM
Ha,ha, true enough, but I liked your other post much better, sound like you had a good time.

I wouldn't go to Mexico these days for anything, but would go spend a week in Juarez way before I went to burning man, probably have more in common with the drug cartel members than the hippies there anyway. lol

Harter66
08-31-2015, 03:27 PM
Ha,ha, true enough, but I liked your other post much better, sound like you had a good time.

I wouldn't go to Mexico these days for anything, but would go spend a week in Juarez way before I went to burning man, probably have more in common with the drug cartel members than the hippies there anyway. lol

In the early 90s my folks had a place in Baja on Bia San Quinton ,the bay was like 50 ft out the back door . I'd work long enough to be able to go back for a couple of weeks ,awful cycle really ,but the fishing and the weather and the beer and the fishing and the food....... glory days I suppose. I miss it a lot.

We get our fair share through Hawthorne too. Lemme see hot rods ,then show trucks ,then bikes,burners,bbq,hot air balloons, race planes, then the racks on packs .... gotta love the artery roads.

Not really to worried about the glasses ,the no lines and multi coating lenses are the killer but the coating is a must with our DG dust here. Vanity forces the no line they are more comfortable too.