PDA

View Full Version : Let's Ban Polls

leftiye
08-29-2015, 08:24 AM
And let's do something to stop people from bringing back their old threads and completely messing up a forum with them. A moderator option/action maybe. This type of irritating carp should be done in moderation.

quickdraw66
08-29-2015, 08:43 AM
And let's do something to stop people from bringing back their old threads and completely messing up a forum with them. A moderator option/action maybe. This type of irritating carp should be done in moderation.

Well, that would be doing something like the anti gunners would, now wouldn't it? Ban something because one person is misusing it? I think that's a terrible idea. Deal with that one member, or come up with another solution to stop polls from flooding Our Town

Also, some old threads should be revived, especially if they have good information and people have things to add. Again, deal with them case by case, not across the board.

pls1911
08-29-2015, 09:02 AM
Lets support the idea to ban poles...
a pole should be initiated to get member's inputs...

cheese1566
08-29-2015, 09:03 AM
How about a poll about banning polls?

Darn, I should have waited 2 years to post this....

Nocturnal Stumblebutt
08-29-2015, 09:09 AM
Maybe just set a certain members post count back to 0, since the whole poll shenanigans are at least partially about getting his post count up.

Smoke4320
08-29-2015, 09:10 AM
remember whats old to you might be brand new info for a newer member

perotter
08-29-2015, 09:11 AM
Lets support the idea to ban poles...
a pole should be initiated to get member's inputs...

If we ban Poles, who do we ban next? Czechs? Russians? Italians? Etc?

jcwit
08-29-2015, 09:41 AM
While I dislike what has happened over the last 24 hours, I'm betting we have a member here who's sitting back just laughing HAO.

starmac
08-29-2015, 12:32 PM
I do not care much for poles, but would hate to see them banned.
As far as reviving old threads, I can see why you brought it up, but like said above there is a real need to bring some of them back at times.
There has to be a better way to handle what is going on, than to start banning things, if it is a concern of the administrations.

oldred
08-29-2015, 01:05 PM
I can see the OP's point and I too don't care much for polls but then that's just me, there are several things on this forum and any other that I visit that I don't care much for. That is NOT a slap at the forum, just a fact that it's highly unlikely that everyone or anyone would would be interested in everything posted on any forum we visit, I mean people have different interests about different subjects on ANY forum and that's perfectly normal! However I have developed a fail-safe approach to prevent being irritated by having to read posts (or polls) that I have no interest in, I simply don't click on them, problem solved!

It works every single time!!!!

retread
08-29-2015, 01:18 PM
Ban, ban, ban. If you want to ban poles because you do not like them but get your ire up because someone does not like guns and wants to ban them, then you are part of the problem. What happened to live and let live. As long as a person's actions are not harming you ignore it!

SeabeeMan
08-29-2015, 01:20 PM
While I dislike what has happened over the last 24 hours, I'm betting we have a member here who's sitting back just laughing HAO.

Exactly. I know I find it amusing!

Valid points about flooding Our Town and driving "legit" threads down, but that's easily fixed with a sub-forum in our town.

Besides, commenting on polls and threads about polls and polls about polls is a great way to drive up your post count!

Idaho Sharpshooter
08-29-2015, 01:22 PM
Ignore button feature take care of that. You never see them.

montana_charlie
08-29-2015, 01:34 PM
I would not vote to ban polls.
The feature exists in the software, and I am glad the 'webmaster' has it turned on so we can use it.

However, misuse (of any feature) should not be acceptable. If you feel there has been misuse simply because of the sheer number of frivolouse ones started by one member, stop participating in them or publicly ask him him to stop.

If peer pressure cannot cause a change in attempts to get attention, then maybe a moderator should be asked for 'help' as a last resort.

CM

Taylor
08-29-2015, 01:38 PM
If we ban Poles, who do we ban next? Czechs? Russians? Italians? Etc?

I was so thinking this way,you beat me to it. My thought was Holes (dutch).:bigsmyl2:

toallmy
08-29-2015, 01:39 PM
I'm new most of your old post are new to me ,I have read most of the stickys,and for months lots of old post.I have learned a lot through your help ,without this sight I could not be a bullet caster . I don't ask a lot of questions in post but I spend hours in the archives .couple hours a day for months.I don't want to russel eanyones feathers ,but the little hamburger is neat . I don't really read all the new post but go throuh them a couple times a day checking the ones I'm interested in.

toallmy
08-29-2015, 01:41 PM
By the way thanks.

starmac
08-29-2015, 01:42 PM
The only ban I ever got behind was years ago, when there was a movement to ban bras, it caught on for a while, but ultimately failed too. lol

Char-Gar
08-29-2015, 02:51 PM
I find the polls mildly irritating and don't often participate. However, there is no reason to ban then. Lots of thing irritate me, including myself.

Hamish
08-29-2015, 03:05 PM
It occurs to me that the Moderator of Our Town has been completely left out of this whole discussion. (ALL of the threads regarding Wilco's essentially taking over Our Town.)

osteodoc08
08-29-2015, 03:05 PM
Can we take a poll, er, I mean vote. LOL.

fryboy
08-29-2015, 04:08 PM
Gee I replied on the poll thread but then started wondering ... Which is more petty the polls or the anti poles ,by sheer definition one has *to be racist * please note no polls nor poles were harmed nor discriminated against by this post

FISH4BUGS
08-29-2015, 04:14 PM
However, misuse (of any feature) should not be acceptable. If you feel there has been misuse simply because of the sheer number of frivolouse ones started by one member, stop participating in them or publicly ask him him to stop.
CM

OK I'll be the bad guy. I am publicly asking WILCO to stop doing polls.

williamwaco
08-29-2015, 05:19 PM
Polls keep coming because people participate. Apparently many users like them.

When members begin to ignore them, they will cease.

In the mean time, use the ignore list.

M-Tecs
08-29-2015, 05:45 PM

This forums search function has improved but it far from infallible. New members tend to asked the same questions. Old threads are a treasure trove of information. If we expect the subject matter experts to type out detailed answers to the same newbie questions over and over again the subject matter experts will just stop posting. Referring someone to an old thread to answer their question is also a subtle hint that they should be searching a little more.

starmac
08-29-2015, 06:14 PM
I actually have great luck with the google search feature, much better than on any other forum I look at.

However I doubt I have searched for weather I like dogs or cats better, or hows your summer been. lol

bangerjim
08-29-2015, 07:12 PM
Amazing how ONE person can stir up a WHOLE community (IE Ferguson!?!?).

Sad. On both sides.

ShooterAZ
08-29-2015, 08:16 PM
Here we go guys...Wilco reincarnated as God!

Bored1
08-29-2015, 08:29 PM
Thou shalt not blaspheme.

Hahahahahahahahahahahah. This is getting interesting now. . . .

:popcorn:

Haven't there already been 2 or 3 of these threads today?

ShooterAZ
08-29-2015, 08:35 PM
I'd hate to be the Mod who banned God!

jcwit
08-29-2015, 08:38 PM
Is WILCO down at McDonalds working on a tablet?

butch2570
08-29-2015, 08:42 PM
I'd hate to be the Mod who banned God!Well, that's #1, so I guess we will see who has the most clout!

ShooterAZ
08-29-2015, 08:42 PM
Heavenly Father, how was your horseback ride?

jsizemore
08-29-2015, 08:56 PM
There's stuff at the grocery store that I will never use. Just cuz I don't use them doesn't mean they shouldn't have them.

garym1a2
08-29-2015, 09:09 PM
I don't mind the Poles, a lot of others must like them as they get a zillon hits and posts.

jcwit
08-29-2015, 09:24 PM
If The last 2 posters would have seen last evenings "Our Town" they might think differently.​

montana_charlie
08-29-2015, 09:32 PM
Thou shalt not ban Polish people.

I have spoken.
This is not funny.
Who are you, and what gives you the idea that you can impersonate God without insulting every religious person on this board?

I demand that you change your credentials.

CM

Bored1
08-29-2015, 09:32 PM
If The last 2 posters would have seen last evenings "Our Town" they might think differently.​

I saw it, and still agree with them. To each there own.

starmac
08-29-2015, 09:35 PM
There's stuff at the grocery store that I will never use. Just cuz I don't use them doesn't mean they shouldn't have them.

Would you mind haveing to dig down through a dumptruck load of celery to get to the eggs, or would you just go to another store.
I doubt anybody actually has anything against haveing polls, but when they are throwed in your face by 2 cats, temperments change. lol

starmac
08-29-2015, 09:46 PM
[QUOTE=montana_charlie;3360154]This is not funny.
Who are you, and what gives you the idea that you can impersonate God without insulting every religious person on this board?

I have to agree, this is a slap in the face, and unless I am mistaken, that is exactly what it is intended to be.

Omega
08-29-2015, 09:51 PM
Would you mind haveing to dig down through a dumptruck load of celery to get to the eggs, or would you just go to another store.
I doubt anybody actually has anything against haveing polls, but when they are throwed in your face by 2 cats, temperments change. lol
Honestly, I never would have noticed the multitude of poll threads if not for threads like this one. I ALWAYS just use the unread posts link by my name. The only time I go into a forum is when I go looking for something specific such as to see what things are in the S&S forum.

bearcove
08-29-2015, 09:54 PM
Every town needs a clown, it makes us feel better about ourselves.

dtknowles
08-29-2015, 10:02 PM
This is not funny.

CM

I suggest you don't give him any attention and he might go away.

Tim

jcwit
08-29-2015, 10:06 PM
I saw it, and still agree with them. To each there own.

Your option.

Bigslug
08-29-2015, 11:00 PM
I suggest you don't give him any attention and he might go away.

His profile says he has not made any friends yet. I guess I'm not the only one around here that rejects God. . .

jcwit
08-29-2015, 11:21 PM
Lets not forget, there will be many false Gods in the last days.

May very well be fitting!

pcolapaddler
08-29-2015, 11:30 PM
If you had ever known a UNIX admin, you would understand the joke.

I understand, but don't see the humor. I don't post a lot - I honestly have little reloading experience and no casting experience and don't have much to offer in this regard.

I don't mean to start or fan a flame, but find the use of this username disrespectful and am a bit surprised that it has been allowed to be used.

country gent
08-29-2015, 11:47 PM
This is the start of the division that ends this forum. This is why we cant as firearms owners cant get legislation enacted this quibbling is why we will never be a great country again. A poster mocking with his moniker, a bunch wanting to ban what they dont agree with, the inner arguing and fighting. There are places to air "dirty laundry" a open forum open to all isnt the time or place, I have watched these posts for the last few days and before that even, while not as informative they are ussually cute and occassionally result in a smile or grin. Yet the in fighting going on isnt doing us as a group any good either. Debate is a good thing mocking or other forms of behaviour are costing members, knowledge, and possibly new members.

chsparkman
08-29-2015, 11:59 PM
Y'all, cain't we get along?

Bored1
08-30-2015, 12:04 AM
Y'all, cain't we get along?

I don't think that's gonna work with this issue. I think the problem may be perspective, or the loss of it. At least that's what I think. If the biggest problem I have today is either being irritated, or not being irritated by WILCO and his polls, or anything that is posted on this site for that matter, I am having an absolutely fantastic day!

jsizemore
08-30-2015, 12:08 AM

I was shopping the other aisles. Saw them from a distance and still didn't need anything down there.

Hamish
08-30-2015, 12:13 AM
Perhaps, thou wouldest be smited?

Or at the very least...

cd ~ShooterAZ
rm -rf .

:)

Here, let me fix that imperfect statement for you "god".

"Thou wouldst be smited mayhap?"

WILCO
08-30-2015, 12:19 AM
This is the start of the division that ends this forum. This is why we cant as firearms owners cant get legislation enacted this quibbling is why we will never be a great country again. A poster mocking with his moniker, a bunch wanting to ban what they dont agree with, the inner arguing and fighting. There are places to air "dirty laundry" a open forum open to all isnt the time or place, I have watched these posts for the last few days and before that even, while not as informative they are ussually cute and occassionally result in a smile or grin. Yet the in fighting going on isnt doing us as a group any good either. Debate is a good thing mocking or other forms of behaviour are costing members, knowledge, and possibly new members.

I'm still surprised the Mods haven't shut the circus down, with the "Usual Suspects" violating forum standards and turning this place into a troll free for all.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?264568-Infraction-system

Offense

Swearing at or Telling off a Staff Member
90 Days

Conduct which violates the Terms Of Service
90 Days

Baiting or Trolling
90 Days

Circumvention of Board policy or rules
90 Days

Continued action after Staff Warning
90 Days

Inflammatory and without merit
90 Days

Condescending\Arrogant\Elitist
90 Days

Selling same item on multiple forums
90 Days

Inappropriate Language
90 Days

Insulting Other Member(s)
90 Days

180 Days

180 Days

180 Days

180 Days

180 Days

180 Days

Baiting or Trolling
180 Days

180 Days

Inappropriate Language
180 Days

180 Days

Conduct In Chat
90 Days

Baiting or Trolling
365 Days

365 Days

365 Days

365 Days

365 Days

365 Days

365 Days

365 Days

365 Days

Inappropriate Language
365 Days

Spammed Advertisements
Never

jsizemore
08-30-2015, 12:32 AM

Some days the elderly ladies are gossiping/talking side by side and it's impossible to get by. I just walk down the next aisle (sometimes the one I never go down) and enter from the other end where the nice ladies are still engrossed. My legs are still in shape so it doesn't bother me. If the timings right I might help them load their groceries in their car. In a small community it's easier to learn the meanings of gracious.

jcwit
08-30-2015, 01:21 AM
:?:popcorn::shock:

starmac
08-30-2015, 02:17 AM
Some days the elderly ladies are gossiping/talking side by side and it's impossible to get by. I just walk down the next aisle (sometimes the one I never go down) and enter from the other end where the nice ladies are still engrossed. My legs are still in shape so it doesn't bother me. If the timings right I might help them load their groceries in their car. In a small community it's easier to learn the meanings of gracious.

TOTALLY agree with you there, but that doesn't have anything to do with that dump truck load of celery on top of the eggs. lol

Boaz
08-30-2015, 07:22 AM
The 'GOD' posts will offend many , the posters purpose and intent to create contention and stir up adverse reaction will be served . Sad for the forum , don't see a benefit .

jcwit
08-30-2015, 08:22 AM
I'm going to back out of this whole mess. Hope somehow it gets all cleaned up and things return to some sort of normal.

Likely will continue to post regarding the NRA, as that is important to me, & should be to all of us.

jsizemore
08-30-2015, 08:59 AM
TOTALLY agree with you there, but that doesn't have anything to do with that dump truck load of celery on top of the eggs. lol

Good thing there's another grocery store just down the road.

jsizemore
08-30-2015, 09:01 AM
I think the GOD fella should change his name to ALLAH. Maybe that will get less of a rise out of folks. Or Hillary.

WILCO
08-30-2015, 09:11 AM
I'm going to back out of this whole mess. Hope somehow it gets all cleaned up and things return to some sort of normal.

Likely will continue to post regarding the NRA, as that is important to me, & should be to all of us.

HHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!! !!

That's too funny JC! You're the main instigator!

in·sti·ga·tor
[ˈinstiˌgātər]

NOUN

a person who brings about or initiates something:
"he was not the instigator of the incident"synonyms: initiator (http://www.bing.com/search?q=define+initiator) · prime mover (http://www.bing.com/search?q=define+prime+mover) · motivator (http://www.bing.com/search?q=define+motivator) · architect (http://www.bing.com/search?q=define+architect) · designer (http://www.bing.com/search?q=define+designer) ·

Here's some of your handiwork:

And you honestly don't think this has been happening?

If each and every gun owner would support the NRA there would be no oppressive gun laws to worry about.

The logic of supporting after the fact is just amazing to say the least.

I see Our Town has been taken over.

Title says it all, someone must have got irritated.

For some reason I think he's showing us the horses behind.

Is WILCO down at McDonalds working on a tablet?

If something was contributed of actual value there would be no need for you to be shocked by the "Usual Suspects".

WILCO, just take a look at your posts. I just checked the last 2 pages, that's 50 posts, all have to do with meaningless polls except 1 which has to do with the test forum. I very possible it would go much further but that's as far as I went.

Aren't there more important things going on with your life to discuss, than things that mean little to nothing?

See a pattern?

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/eating/hamburger-waving-hello-smiley-emoticon.gif

Petrol & Powder
08-30-2015, 09:21 AM
I'm not in favor of banning Poles but if we do that I think we should ban the Lithuanians and Estonians as well :lol: :bigsmyl2:

Duckiller
08-30-2015, 11:38 PM
Several years ago the owner/moderators allowed someone post as "Elmer Keith" to tell us when we were wrong. A major hugh and cry went up and "Elmer" disappeared. Someone posing as "GOD" is a lot more offensive and the name should be eliminated. If the poster wants another less offensive name then let him/her use i, otherwise go away.

leftiye
08-31-2015, 06:44 AM
HHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!! !!

That's too funny JC! You're the main instigator!
in·sti·ga·tor
[ˈinstiˌgātər]
NOUN

a person who brings about or initiates something:
"he was not the instigator of the incident"synonyms: initiator (http://www.bing.com/search?q=define+initiator) · prime mover (http://www.bing.com/search?q=define+prime+mover) · motivator (http://www.bing.com/search?q=define+motivator) · architect (http://www.bing.com/search?q=define+architect) · designer (http://www.bing.com/search?q=define+designer) ·

Here's some of your handiwork

I see Our Town has been taken over. Originally Posted by jcwit

Title says it all, someone must have got irritated. Originally Posted by jcwit

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?p=3359617#post3359617)
For some reason I think he's showing us the horses http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by jcwit

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?p=3360087#post3360087)
Is WILCO down at McDonalds working on a tablet? http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by jcwit http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?p=3359456#post3359456)

If something was contributed of actual value there would be no need for you to be shocked by the "Usual Suspects". http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by jcwit http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?p=3359463#post3359463)

WILCO, just take a look at your posts. I just checked the last 2 pages, that's 50 posts, all have to do with meaningless polls except 1 which has to do with the test forum. I very possible it would go much further but that's as far as I went." http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by jcwit

Aren't there more important things going on with your life to discuss, than things that mean little to nothing? Originally Posted by jcwit

See a pattern?

But he's still right. As was said "Aren't there more important things going on with your life to discuss, than things that mean little to nothing?"

NavyVet1959
08-31-2015, 11:17 AM
I'm not in favor of banning Poles but if we do that I think we should ban the Lithuanians and Estonians as well :lol: :bigsmyl2:

If we ban poles, what will we do with all the pole dancers?

Petrol & Powder
08-31-2015, 12:26 PM
Hadn't even thought about that..........

Omega
08-31-2015, 12:29 PM
Just send them my way, I hate to see anyone out of work.

skeet1
08-31-2015, 12:34 PM
If a person dislikes polls so much the answer is just don't open the tread up.

Ken

Electric88
08-31-2015, 01:22 PM

Ken

^^ This. Griping about about something and trying to get it banned show a lot of commonality with certain groups of people out there that demand the banning of firearms.

montana_charlie
08-31-2015, 01:27 PM
Several years ago the owner/moderators allowed someone post as "Elmer Keith" to tell us when we were wrong. A major hugh and cry went up and "Elmer" disappeared. Someone posing as "GOD" is a lot more offensive and the name should be eliminated. If the poster wants another less offensive name then let him/her use i, otherwise go away.
He's gone ...

Omega
08-31-2015, 01:58 PM
He's gone ...
The question is, was he ever here?

JakeBlanton
08-31-2015, 01:59 PM
He's gone ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4S7jafRlJ0

I can't see the original posts, so I guess I must have missed something.

starmac
08-31-2015, 01:59 PM
A genuine hit and run pot stirrer, even his post's are gone, not sure what is up with that.

montana_charlie
08-31-2015, 02:01 PM
The question is, was he ever here?
There is a trace of him in Post #37

A genuine hit and run pot stirrer, even his post's are gone, not sure what is up with that.
Just a guess, but I imagine that a certain member was about to get nailed for having two concurrent accounts on this site ...

starmac
08-31-2015, 02:39 PM
Possibly, but also possible that he realized it was a bad joke and somehow deleted his existance, doubtful but possible.

Omega
08-31-2015, 02:53 PM
There is a trace of him in Post #37

Just a guess, but I imagine that a certain member was about to get nailed for having two concurrent accounts on this site ...
I don't think we can delete our own account can we?

dragon813gt
08-31-2015, 02:57 PM

Mere mortals can't. But we aren't talking about a mortal being :laugh:

starmac
08-31-2015, 03:02 PM

I can't say for sure, never tried. I guess I did try to delete a double post a couple of times, and I could delete the contents, but not the post itself, but then again, I I think I have really accomplished something by successfully turning this thing on. lol

dtknowles
08-31-2015, 03:15 PM
I can't say for sure, never tried. I guess I did try to delete a double post a couple of times, and I could delete the contents, but not the post itself, but then again, I I think I have really accomplished something by successfully turning this thing on. lol

I think I have deleted posts before, I think it is a function under "edit post" it has let me delete stuff better left unsaid.

Delete post is the first thing that pops up when you hit "edit post", I am editing this as I speak.

Tim

Geezer in NH
08-31-2015, 03:32 PM
TOTALLY agree with you there, but that doesn't have anything to do with that dump truck load of celery on top of the eggs. lolEggs would be broke anyway so why bother.

Don't like polls don't open that thread easy/peasy

starmac
08-31-2015, 03:35 PM
I think I have deleted posts before, I think it is a function under "edit post" it has let me delete stuff better left unsaid.

Delete post is the first thing that pops up when you hit "edit post", I am editing this as I speak.

Tim

When I tried that on a double post, it didn't work for me. I had to just hit the backspace to get rid of the contents, but couldn't actually delete the posts. Then again like I said I can barely turn one of these things on, someone that knows what they are doing can undoubtedly get to work for them, or it wouldn't be there.

M-Tecs
08-31-2015, 03:47 PM
Too completely delete a post you go under "edit post" and you have too hit delete, than delete message than delete again.

starmac
08-31-2015, 04:57 PM
I see said the blind man, I figured it should be possible or the feature wouldn't be there, you just have to be smarter than the machine. lol

I have only been a member of three or four forums, and on one of them there was a kid that was fun to mess with. I would pull some things on him then delete my posts, making his comebacks look like he was a total idiot. He even went so far as to call up my wife, trying to dig up stuff on me, which backfired on him as I was sitting right there telling her what to tell him on the phone. lol

jcwit
08-31-2015, 05:49 PM

Ken

This is not what is being discussed. Where were you when the forum "Our Town" was completely taken over by the member that bumped all his polls ut to the point "our Town consisted of polls for over a page and a half. There in lays the problem about the discussion.

dtknowles
08-31-2015, 06:07 PM
This is not what is being discussed. Where were you when the forum "Our Town" was completely taken over by the member that bumped all his polls ut to the point "our Town consisted of polls for over a page and a half. There in lays the problem about the discussion.

I don't go to individual forums, I just click on the unread posts button and scan the list.

Tim

jcwit
08-31-2015, 06:45 PM
I don't go to individual forums, I just click on the unread posts button and scan the list.

Tim

Fine, I don't, and I bet I'm not alone.

quickdraw66
08-31-2015, 07:14 PM
Fine, I don't, and I bet I'm not alone.

Your not. There's certain forums I go into, and some I don't. I don't go into the air gun forum because I have very little interest in that, but I do go into "Our Town" because I like reading a lot of the threads that are posted here. Opening it up and seeing almost 2 solid pages of polls about pointless stuff is absolute BS! That was spamming at the very least.

fryboy
08-31-2015, 07:18 PM
Gee some forums are 3/4 + pages of stickies on their main page ... Should we ban those too ? ( dratz where's that pink font ? [Sigh] )

M-Tecs
08-31-2015, 07:29 PM
I am not one for new rules, however, some here are getting out of hand. If the inane endless polls aren't going to be viewed as spam/trolling by the mods than they should be at least limit polls to the Pit. Suggestion for a new rule. "All polls most be posted in the Pit or it's 5 points infraction". Problem solved. I would prefer a sub forum in the Pit solely for polls.

FISH4BUGS
08-31-2015, 07:35 PM
"All polls most be posted in the Pit or it's 5 points infraction". Problem solved. I would prefer a sub forum in the Pit solely for polls.
Ditto a hundred times over....and not to up my post count.
With a clear majority of people disliking the polls, why can't the mods do as M-Tecs suggests? That solves the issue.
Sometimes the easiest remedy is the one that works.

NavyVet1959
08-31-2015, 07:36 PM
Gee some forums are 3/4 + pages of stickies on their main page ... Should we ban those too ? ( dratz where's that pink font ? [Sigh] )

There... Fixed it for ya'... :)

I think having a subforum under every forum just for the stickies might be useful. At least for any forum where the number of stickies takes up a good portion of the first page.

dragon813gt
08-31-2015, 07:59 PM

Plenty of threads about this already. The stickies are poorly organized. And a lot of them are stickies for no reason. Every time this subject is brought up it's pointed out that it won't be changing.

jcwit
08-31-2015, 08:16 PM
I am not one for new rules, however, some here are getting out of hand. If the inane endless polls aren't going to be viewed as spam/trolling by the mods than they should be at least limit polls to the Pit. Suggestion for a new rule. "All polls most be posted in the Pit or it's 5 points infraction". Problem solved. I would prefer a sub forum in the Pit solely for polls.

Super good idea. Will it happen? Better yet, when will it happen?

quickdraw66
08-31-2015, 08:31 PM
I am still curious as to why we haven't heard from any mods or the admin about this yet. Have they all left us? :shock:

Even a simple "we're looking into it" would suffice for letting us know that they are actually listening to us.

dragon813gt
08-31-2015, 08:45 PM
I'm assuming his actions are sanctioned by management at this point. Otherwise it would have been handled already.

white eagle
08-31-2015, 08:55 PM
I can't believe this is even being talked about this long
simple solution Mikey no likey poll's Mikey no open poll's,it's elementary

jcwit
08-31-2015, 09:00 PM
I can't believe this is even being talked about this long
simple solution Mikey no likey poll's Mikey no open poll's,it's elementary

Where were you when the forum "Our Town" was completely taken over by the member that bumped all his polls up to the point "our Town consisted of polls for over a page and a half. There in lays the problem about the discussion.

Clay M
08-31-2015, 09:01 PM
I am still curious as to why we haven't heard from any mods or the admin about this yet. Have they all left us? :shock:

Even a simple "we're looking into it" would suffice for letting us know that they are actually listening to us.

I was on a very popular forum once. It had no moderation at all.
The people there could be a vile and disrespectful to one another as they wanted..
I left, as I could no longer tolerate what was going on.

I don't think that Wilco is a bad guy.. and I hope he won't leave because of this..

We all do the wrong thing sometimes, but I agree, it is time to move on to something else..

dtknowles
08-31-2015, 09:33 PM
Where were you when the forum "Our Town" was completely taken over by the member that bumped all his polls up to the point "our Town consisted of polls for over a page and a half. There in lays the problem about the discussion.

Checking in using the unread posts function. They did not get all clumped up here.

Tim

dragon813gt
08-31-2015, 09:40 PM
Can't participate in polls on Tapatalk. I just happened to notice a lot of the threads in the timeline were his bumps. I honestly don't care about any of this. I'm just trying to get my post count up by saying something instead if posting a pic of a hamburger ;)

quickdraw66
08-31-2015, 09:49 PM
I was on a very popular forum once. It had no moderation at all.
The people there could be a vile and disrespectful to one another as they wanted..
I left, as I could no longer tolerate what was going on.

I don't think that Wilco is a bad guy.. and I hope he won't leave because of this..

We all do the wrong thing sometimes, but I agree, it is time to move on to something else..
Perfect union? That place was a mad house.

jcwit
08-31-2015, 09:51 PM
Checking in using the unread posts function. They did not get all clumped up here.

Tim

And as I said earlier, I do not use that function. Clear?

dtknowles
08-31-2015, 09:54 PM
And as I said earlier, I do not use that function. Clear?

Clear, a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of a simple mind.

TIm

jcwit
08-31-2015, 10:02 PM
So, you have the need to revert to name calling?

Referring to me as being simple minded, what a laugh? You don't even know me!

quickdraw66
09-01-2015, 12:33 AM
Admins do not necessarily read every post that goes across the system. If you don't bring it to their attention, they'll happily ignore you.

On our off time though, we do like to read your emails and view the porn that you stupidly left on the system.

You using God as your username is extremely offensive. :mad:

quickdraw66
09-01-2015, 12:41 AM
People who consider my avatar offensive don't know their history. You are using the Lords name, and making jokes with it. That is disrespectful period, and is offensive no matter what your reasons for using it were.

Oh, and I haven't had anyone here tell me that my avatar offended them, and I've had it for quite awhile. You've been here a couple days and have already had several people tell you they thought your username choice was offensive and inappropriate. That should say something.

quickdraw66
09-01-2015, 12:59 AM
There's no voting necessary. Its should be common sense that picking that name would be offensive to a lot of people. This forum has been here for 10 years, and that name was still available. There was a reason for that.

fryboy
09-01-2015, 01:27 AM
were it " your god" or even " thy lord" ( etc ) i could understand some being offended but in the end is it anything like the way some twisted muslims react when they hear the name "mohammed" used in a way they dont like ?

i do note the addition to the foto tho lolz ,

i had a friend who used to call himself god ...i even introduced him to some people that way [shrugz] if one is truly a christian then by that religion "that" god is all powerful all knowing and in essence all things correct ? yes , that being the case god is indeed everywhere and all things ...in the trees, the sunset , in me in you and even in the poster currently using the " god" moniker ...which leaves me wondering ... do some or all christians take offence when they read of various other religion's gods throughout history ( and even today ) being referred to as god (s)? if not why not ? it also leaves me wondering just what kind of christian they are that would take offense ....( btw ? none intended, implied or even expressed ) especially after the coming of yeshua and the main rule of " love one another" ( that superseded all that came before , never mind the turn the other cheek and the " if thy eye offend thee pluck it out" stuff ...) )

quickdraw66
09-01-2015, 01:40 AM
were it " your god" or even " thy lord" ( etc ) i could understand some being offended but in the end is it anything like the way some twisted muslims react when they hear the name "mohammed" used in a way they dont like ?

i do note the addition to the foto tho lolz ,

i had a friend who used to call himself god ...i even introduced him to some people that way [shrugz] if one is truly a christian then by that religion "that" god is all powerful all knowing and in essence all things correct ? yes, that being the case god is indeed everywhere and all things ...in the trees, the sunset , in me in you and even in the poster currently using the " god" moniker ...which leaves me wondering ... do some or all christians take offence when they read of various other religion's gods throughout history ( and even today ) being referred to as god (s)? if not why not ? it also leaves me wondering just what kind of christian they are that would take offense ....( btw ? none intended, implied or even expressed ) especially after the coming of yeshua and the main rule of " love one another" ( that superseded all that came before , never mind the turn the other cheek and the " if thy eye offend thee pluck it out" stuff ...) )

Do I take offense when Buddhists, Muslims, or any other religion refers to their god? No, I do not. Those are their beliefs, and I am respectful of them even if I do not agree with them. Do I take offense when someone calls himself God, makes his avatar fit it, and then jokes around the forum about it? Absolutely. That's disrespectful.

Apparently the mods agreed.

fryboy
09-01-2015, 01:48 AM
even when their belief makes a mockery of yours ? are you aware of how the muslims and even the jews refer to those not of their religion let alone what islam thinks of your god ( nevermind the fact that it's the same supreme being ...and they care deeply about their name for him and detest what christianity calls him ) and let's say perchance i agree with you that it is offensive , why oh why would one ( one with knowledge of this ) do such a thing ? or should i just ask if the fish hook hurts ?

quickdraw66
09-01-2015, 02:11 AM
even when their belief makes a mockery of yours ? are you aware of how the muslims and even the jews refer to those not of their religion let alone what islam thinks of your god ( nevermind the fact that it's the same supreme being ...and they care deeply about their name for him and detest what christianity calls him ) and let's say perchance i agree with you that it is offensive , why oh why would one ( one with knowledge of this ) do such a thing ? or should i just ask if the fish hook hurts ?

It's possible to think one is wrong but not insult them. Your speaking in stereotypes. Not all people are like that. I think Jews are wrong and they think I'm wrong. That doesn't mean they cant respect me and that I cannot respect them. There is no reason why a Rabbi and a Priest can't be friends. This guy was very simply making a mockery of God. Numerous people found that offensive, and unless he had absolutely zero common sense, he had to have know that they would. Why would he do that? I think he was a troll, simple as that.

FISH4BUGS
09-01-2015, 07:32 AM
OK gang.....let's get back to the issue at hand....the placing of polls in a sub forum. If you want to talk religion, head for the pit. We don't need to hear about how someone's God is beyond making a joke about. Go see a play called "Steambath" sometime. God is a Puerto Rican bathhouse attendant and it deals with death and the afterlife. That will give you a very different view of our God and religion.
This web site induces some strong feelings in many areas mainly because it is a community of people with common interests...our casting, reloading, guns and all associated things in general. That is what we want it to be, and that is why we react strongly when something threatens that. I have been a member here for ten years. I don't know what my member number is but it is pretty low.
I have fed my addiction to Hensley & Gibbs bullet moulds through this site (thanks Tom!) and have learned an enormous amount through it. I have bought, sold and traded a fair amount of stuff here. I have learned more here than anywhere.
I think all of us (well maybe not ALL but certainly MOST) of us want this site to remain worthwhile. That is why the irrelevance of WILCO's polls grates on a lot of us. It is really beneath the quality of this site and its members. WILCO, who I am sure is a decent guy, may not think so, but I think most of the rest of us do.
THAT is the reason WILCO's constant polls are bothering people. I don't like them, they mean nothing, they add nothing, and they take away a lot from this site. They truly have no purpose whatsoever. I have complained to the mods, and even the site owner, and have not received a response.....yet this silliness goes on.
Maybe WILCO has photos of the mods doing something they shouldn't, but I can't understand why this is being allowed to continue. :???: This is NOT the Pit - it is Our Town.
At the very least, WILCO should get a private warning that his polls are not adding anything to the site, and that they may well consider sending them to the pit as a sub forum if he continues with them. No infraction points - just a private warning.
He has shown us an area that is bothering many of us, and in the never ending quest to improve our collective experience here, we should move Polls to its own area. Some of us have just simply had it with this poll junk and it should be moved to its own area.
Then those that enjoy the polls can have their own sandbox to play in. Otherwise, the stated purpose of Our Town means nothing and the entire site suffers.
Those of us that support this site with our hard earned dollars should be listened to. I would respectfully ask the mods AGAIN to respond, and to move all polls to the pit in their own sub forum.
We would ALL be better off for it, and this site could be considerably improved as well by doing that.

jcwit
09-01-2015, 07:55 AM
I pretty much agree with quickdraw, I had a good friend who was Jewish, we wished each other Happy Hanukkah, and we wished each other Merry Christmas. With that said I never knew of a Jew who wished to remove my head from my body.

Regarding FISH4BUGS remark, I concure.

~Those of us that support this site with our hard earned dollars should be listened to. I would respectfully ask the mods AGAIN to respond, and to move all polls to the pit in their own sub forum.
We would ALL be better off for it, and this site could be considerably improved as well by doing that

Love Life
09-01-2015, 10:13 AM
On our off time though, we do like to read your emails and view the porn that you stupidly left on the system.

Did you check out the one with the midgets and the tiger? Always thought that one was funny.

Hamish
09-01-2015, 10:19 AM
No one seems to have noticed that Wilco has not posted in just short of 48 hours,,,,,,,,

dtknowles
09-01-2015, 10:19 AM
So, you have the need to revert to name calling?

Referring to me as being simple minded, what a laugh? You don't even know me!

It seems simple minded to ignore a function that could be used to eliminate your irritation.

Tim

Larry Gibson
09-01-2015, 10:40 AM
Concur with FISH4BUGS; "Move the polls to a sub forum in the Pit."

Call it "WILCOisms, his polls, other polls and such".

Larry Gibson

dragon813gt
09-01-2015, 10:41 AM
It seems simple minded to ignore a function that could be used to eliminate your irritation.

Tim

It seems simple minded that you don't realize there are many ways to view the forum. Not everyone wants to do it your way. So his view shouldn't be ignored, and neither should yours.

I have to agree w/ the money part. If the site is funded by members you should listen to their views more than those that don't contribute. You can call it a donation all you want. Once you start accepting money from members you've opened Pandora's box. I'm sure they would be listening if the polls were driving down a vendor sponsor's threads for products they're selling. Oh well, nothing will be done as usual.

Did you check out the one with the midgets and the tiger? Always thought that one was funny.

Got a link? ;)

white eagle
09-01-2015, 11:20 AM

I saw the same , just ignored them

TheDoctor
09-01-2015, 12:14 PM
No one seems to have noticed that Wilco has not posted in just short of 48 hours,,,,,,,,

Oh, I noticed. Wasn't going to say ANYTHING about it, less another poll appear!

jcwit
09-01-2015, 12:34 PM
I saw the same , just ignored them

And I didn't. Does that make you right and me wrong? NO

Does that make me right and you wrong? NO

dragon813gt
09-01-2015, 02:56 PM
You're both wrong. You should use Tapatalk. There you go, problem solved. You're welcome ;)

quickdraw66
09-01-2015, 03:38 PM
So, are you happy now?

Let's see. Same name (with the addition of UNIX), same avatar, and same location (heaven), I'd say that's a definite no.

waksupi
09-01-2015, 03:40 PM
So, are you happy now?

Looks like someone is getting ready to have their whole IP blocked from the site.

Alvarez Kelly
09-01-2015, 03:51 PM
No offense is intended, thus I'm not trolling.

And yet, I can't help but notice... none of your posts have anything to do with casting boolits, reloading, or even firearms. Just an observation.

blackthorn
09-01-2015, 05:49 PM
Oh man! I go play with my great grandson and my granddaughter for 10 days and I come back to this??? My take is if you don't like the polls----just scroll on by them. That is what I do, unless the poll header looks interesting. I don't ignore anyone either---just consider the source and move on down the line. I do think using God (or anyone else's deity) as a name to post under is in VERY poor taste!

marlin39a
09-02-2015, 06:45 PM
I agree the polls have been abused. I think it should be up the moderator to start one. Just my opinion.

starmac
09-03-2015, 02:28 AM
Just curious, how many pollsters have abused the polling feature?? I too agree they have been abused, but not by enough people to start banning, or even a need to stick them all somewhere or form any new rules.