PDA

View Full Version : I see Our Town has been taken over.

jcwit
08-28-2015, 08:04 PM
Title says it all, someone must have got irritated.

BrassMagnet
08-28-2015, 08:09 PM
Tis the season of pollsters!

Plate plinker
08-28-2015, 08:38 PM
Rather annoying in my opinion.

Gofaaast
08-28-2015, 08:49 PM
Is there a way to a block members posts like you can the threads?

Hamish
08-28-2015, 09:16 PM
16 of 25 threads on the first page of "Our Town" is Wilco.

I quit even looking in Our Town some time back because of polls and all the "Pit Lite" garbage some time ago.

Nauseating.

dragon813gt
08-28-2015, 09:19 PM
Maybe someone is looking to be permanently banned? We get to find out if he's an outsider by the way this plays out.

labradigger1
08-28-2015, 09:50 PM
First time since I became a member I have used the ignore list feature. I come here to learn and teach if I am able, not to read polls. Too much like politics. Jmho

zarrinvz24
08-28-2015, 11:06 PM
16 of 25 threads on the first page of "Our Town" is Wilco.

I quit even looking in Our Town some time back because of polls and all the "Pit Lite" garbage some time ago.

Nauseating.

Makes er the new posts function nearly worthless as well.

OBIII
08-28-2015, 11:34 PM
So, some like polls, and some do not. Have I got that right? Lets see then, how about something like this:

People who like polls should vote and participate in the poll. People who don't like polls, ignore them.

How 'bout it?

OB

zarrinvz24
08-28-2015, 11:46 PM
What about the post that stated the number of users currently active on the forum? Seems odd.

waksupi
08-29-2015, 12:22 AM
I am another definite " crease and desist" vote. Very disruptive to the.forum , this behavior needs to stop. Or he needs, to quit.drinking.

starmac
08-29-2015, 03:08 AM
I am another definite " crease and desist" vote. Very disruptive to the.forum , this behavior needs to stop. Or he needs, to quit.drinking.

I second the motion on both counts. lol

NavyVet1959
08-29-2015, 03:28 AM
Is there a way to a block members posts like you can the threads?

I tried putting WILCO on my ignore list, but all his asinine polls still show up in the thread list. :(

Has he EVER actually contributed to a topic or does he just create these stupid polls?

I haven't seen anything else, so I have to think that he's just a troll. :(

Hannibal
08-29-2015, 03:39 AM
Has he EVER actually contributed to a topic or does he just create these stupid polls?

I haven't seen anything else, so I have to think that he's just a troll. :(

I wondered the EXACT same thing myself.

dragon813gt
08-29-2015, 06:19 AM

He tried to derail a thread about the NRA after he was called out for his comments. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. I don't remember him posting anything useful in a long time.

Hickory
08-29-2015, 06:25 AM
It will get worse when winter sets in and the poll maker can't get outside.

captaint
08-29-2015, 06:27 AM
I was just fine with Shooters.com myself.

Sweetpea
08-29-2015, 07:38 AM
The polls seem a half-step better than the guy that was starting three threads a day about his dog...

Plate plinker
08-29-2015, 07:49 AM
I don't care if people start stupid polls since I just skip those threads for the most part. However Something has to be done about bumping all your old threads to the top when you want a post count or when people make you a little upset.

quickdraw66
08-29-2015, 08:36 AM

I second the motion on both counts. lol

I third it. This is also a possible solution.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?286521-Yes-or-No-We-need-a-Poll-sub-forum-to-keep-polls-from-destroying-Our-Town&p=3359340#post3359340

Love Life
08-29-2015, 08:59 AM
So, some like polls, and some do not. Have I got that right? Lets see then, how about something like this:

People who like polls should vote and participate in the poll. People who don't like polls, ignore them.

How 'bout it?

OB

Now, now. It's impolite in this day and age to recommend that people exercise a bit self control and make a CHOICE to look at something or not. The forum owner and mods need to protect them from themselves.

I look at it like this: I ignore the polls and read the threads that might interest me. The pollster has not been banned, and the polls have not been locked, which leads me to believe that they are fine with the ownership. Me not being the ownership, I mind my bidness and carry on about the rest of the forum.

Bored1
08-29-2015, 10:55 AM
Now, now. It's impolite in this day and age to recommend that people exercise a bit self control and make a CHOICE to look at something or not. The forum owner and mods need to protect them from themselves.

I look at it like this: I ignore the polls and read the threads that might interest me. The pollster has not been banned, and the polls have not been locked, which leads me to believe that they are fine with the ownership. Me not being the ownership, I mind my bidness and carry on about the rest of the forum.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner folks!!!!

NavyVet1959
08-29-2015, 11:04 AM
I used to suggest to people who have an uncontrollable desire to create polls to go to sodahead.com, but I just checked it and they have quit allowing polls by users and are selling their polling services to other companies these days. I guess we get the fallout from that. :(

bubba.50
08-29-2015, 11:23 AM
I would agree with the "just ignore the polls & read the posts that interest you" crowd. but, that in itself takes some doin' as just on the first three pages of Our Town there are about 40 "polls".