PDA

View Full Version : The TODAY SHOW

floodgate
03-31-2008, 07:54 PM
Friends:

Since I first moved here from "Shooters' ", via "Accurate", just three years ago, I have tried to keep up with this site's whole range of topics, threads and individual posts via the "TODAY" page, for three prime reasons: (1) I am interested in just about anything the "gang" comes up with, on whatever topic; (2) with a single-line dial-up connection (unless I were to invest several hundred $$$ that can better be spent on tools, alloys and moulds, in a satellite link or wireless relay connection to one of the local wineries) it would take even longer to chase individual topics and threads; and (3) I am - I admit it - compulsive as all-get-out.

But with membership now exceeding 5,000 - the majority of us active posters - "TODAY" is now running 15 to 25 twenty-five post-pages per 24-hours; and I find I am spending two to four hours a day peering at the screen, chasing down info for inquiries about tools and moulds, and sorting and filing the "hard copies" I feel compelled to print into three dozen or so notebooks and individual correspondence folders. Plus, of course, tying up the single 'phone lineto our rural household. I must admit, Bev has been very nice about this all, considering.... But, it is time to change my approach:

Form here on, I will try to look in daily, at least at the "Cast Bullets" and "Swaging" threads and others as they appear of special interest; but I will also be missing a lot. Sooo...

If anyone has inquiries, offers for sale or swap, or other things to communicate with me about, please hit me via PM (or e-mail), referencing any relevant threads or posts, and I will respond as promptly as possible; I will undertake to keep my inbox cleared and open.

See Ya'

Doug Elliott/"floodgate"