PDA

View Full Version : There goes the neighborhood

Mal Paso
08-16-2015, 08:39 PM
They turned the local gas station into a Ferrari Dealership. They got the Diesel pump blocked with something I wouldn't want to scratch. Looked like 5 or 6 to test drive and a million dollar one to look at. A test drive would have warped my mind. All that car and never going faster than 40 mph. Between tourists and car show Hwy 1 is a parkinglot in both directions.

scaevola
08-16-2015, 08:47 PM
How much for the red tardis right behind the sign?

runfiverun
08-16-2015, 11:30 PM
there's 2 of them back there, the master must have stopped in too.

458mag
08-17-2015, 08:33 AM
Where would you put a trailer hitch on one of those things? If it caint pull my bass boat or four wheelers then its about as useless as tits on a boar hog.

SeabeeMan
08-17-2015, 08:50 AM
Man, and I thought Carmel was fancy before!

Mal Paso
08-17-2015, 10:27 AM
I should have taken a picture on the way into town. There were 5 Ferraris lined up behind the ropes ready for test drives. Looked more impressive. Parking was difficult so I snapped a picture from the car.

I've seen every sort of vehicle this week. There were 2 guys on my road last night with vintage motorcycles and every other car is a Porsche. Got to be really careful backing in the parking lot. One of them Ferraris would feel like a speed bump in my truck.

For that amount of money I'd take one of the new Corvettes and spend the rest having fun with it.

10x
08-17-2015, 10:30 AM
Got a 3 point hitch rototiller made by ferrari carrera
Not a bad machine, Durable, reliable and goes as fast as the tractor it is attached to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJOd0pLwVGg

Met a machinist from Switzerland who thought Ferrari was an Italian tractor company and had no idea they had a race team...

Bad Water Bill
08-17-2015, 10:36 AM
Went out to fill up the gas tank with the NEW gas (was 2 .49 last week now 3.49) and come home with a bright red Ferrari.

Now explain that to your wife.[smilie=s:

bob208
08-17-2015, 10:56 AM
I don't know bill as long as you had a set of keys for her and a high limit credit card for her to go shopping. I don't think you would be too much hot water.

destrux
08-17-2015, 10:56 AM
Where would you put a trailer hitch on one of those things? If it caint pull my bass boat or four wheelers then its about as useless as tits on a boar hog.

There's a local guy with a 360 Modena that has a hitch on it. He tows his jet skis and RAZR with him when he goes to his shore house. Also saw him a few times towing a tool box and some racing wheels with slicks, guess he hits up Pocono for the open track days, or maybe Englishtown.

shooter93
08-17-2015, 06:54 PM
Years ago the saying went that when someone bought a Ferrari......the shop hired another mechanic.

SeabeeMan
08-18-2015, 04:31 PM
They are amazing looking cars, though. My dream car for a long time has been 550 or 575 Maranello... I about lost my mind when I saw Bad Boys II with that car in it.

On the same "so expensive I couldn't afford an oil change" note, we saw a Koensigsegg (either a One or a CCXR, not quite sure) on the highway the other day. Mind you, this is in a town of 600 and and the nearest city over 50,000 is several hours away. There's a black Ferrari at McDonalds every now and again as well.

3leggedturtle
08-18-2015, 04:41 PM
A guy in a Ferrari was giving me **** about my Samurai. I asked him if he wanted to race. He laughed and told to pick the route. I pointed at the freshly plowed corn field and said; to the tree in the middle of the field and back, even he laughed over it, BS'ed with him for about 15mins, and then I gave him directions where to find the golf course!!

PatMarlin
08-18-2015, 11:46 PM
Speaking of old neighborhoods Mal, how's your place up on South Fork with the current fires? Did Mark's place burn in Trinity Pines? I know the fire was 1/2 a mile from my old place, and a close friend lost their home and shop of 47 years there.

Pat

Hannibal
08-19-2015, 02:40 AM
Three words. Dodge. Challenger. Hellcat.

:hijack: Yes indeed.

Mal Paso
08-19-2015, 11:55 AM
Speaking of old neighborhoods Mal, how's your place up on South Fork with the current fires? Did Mark's place burn in Trinity Pines? I know the fire was 1/2 a mile from my old place, and a close friend lost their home and shop of 47 years there.

Pat

I drove to South Fork in the storm that started the fires 3 weeks ago tomorrow. I could see 3 of the Humboldt Lightning fires from the property that evening although they were 2 watersheds away. Saturday morning was really smoky. I drove to Dinsmore for propane about 8 am and that's when I found out I was Inside the fire line. Hwy 36 was hard closed at the Humboldt county line and I had to talk my way back in. The HP officer said Trinity Pines was gone as well as 2 houses at the top my road. A fireman at our local firehouse said there was a fire on the backside of the ridge, we were not on anyone's map and no help was coming. I patrolled the property for a few hours. I could see a smoke column behind me but couldn't tell how far. Internet was no help as only the large fires were being reported. I loaded the tractor just for something to do. I didn't hear 1 aircraft. From what I could tell there was real danger of fire cutting off my only exit so about 4 pm I pulled out.

All the East, West highways were closed so it was Hwy 101. Oakland looked like a nightmare so I braced myself for taking the Cat on an 18 foot flatbed through downtown San Francisco. Then spent 2 hours climbing the hill before the Golden Gate bridge with a manual transmission because Cal Trans reduced 4 lanes of traffic down to 1 for lane painting. Made it through downtown SF and back on the freeway only to blow a tire south of SF. Changed it in the dark between 4 lanes of traffic and the on ramp. Ever been where **it's hitting the fan and you can't shut the fan off?:???:

I can't get much information other than the closest big fires are 65% and 35% contained. Hwy 36 is closed from the Humboldt Co line to Hwy 3 so I'm still "inside". I've spent the last 2 weeks making money cuz good news, bad news it all takes money. I'm waiting for a chance to get back and see. I never took the luggage out of the truck.

PatMarlin
08-22-2015, 12:38 PM
Hope your place is OK.

Does not look good for Mark in the pines.

Hardcast416taylor
08-23-2015, 12:15 PM
How does that old adage go about a 65ish `cougar` on the prowl? "Trying to be a Ferrari with a Pinto body".Robert

Mal Paso
08-23-2015, 11:39 PM
Hope your place is OK.

Does not look good for Mark in the pines.

If the fire maps are correct Mark made it.

36 opened to South Fork Rd Thursday. I tried to make the fire meeting Friday but missed it by 2 hours. Neighbor said CHP wouldn't let him in during the closure. Need a utility bill, like utility's come this far. I'm at the cabin now grilling a tri tip and yes I have hoses near by. Closest fire is 35% contained but there are a bunch. I can see 2 small smoke columns 2 watersheds away that aren't on the map but they've been burning for 3 weeks and not gotten much bigger. The big fire over the ridge behind me I can't see.
Was in the middle of a chase this morning. Deer came charging through above and below the cabin. A fawn ran right past me then doubled back. I heard ground wood breaking below me so I guess bear.

EOD3
08-24-2015, 12:26 AM
About a million years ago I was stationed at Fort Ord (49th Ordnance Detachment (EOD)). We occasionally responded to incidents in Carmel. EVERYONE fought for the missions because the Carmel PD had some of the FINEST officers in California. I'm not talking one or two of the young ladies, they were ALL finer than frog-hair.:bigsmyl2: