PDA

View Full Version : SNS Coated bullets

Tatume
08-13-2015, 07:31 AM
Hello Folks,

Yesterday I was shooting two of my 44 Rem Mag revolvers, a six-inch Dan Wesson and a 7-1/2 inch Super Redhawk. I was testing ammunition loaded with Sierra 240 grain HP bullets and Nosler 240 grain SP bullets. Both were loaded in Starline cases on a single stage press. All charges of IMR 4227 were carefully weighed. Speed was 1300 fps. The ammo shot well; both bullets were very accurate, slightly over one inch at 25 yards.

At the end of the session I decided to shoot some practice ammo I had on hand. It was loaded in mixed-brand cases, on a Dillon XL-650. Charges of flake, M9 mil-surp powder were thrown (this powder does not meter very well), checked only by the powder check die on the machine. Bullets were SNS Casting coated 240 grain SWC, purchased in boxes of 1850 pieces. Speed was 1300 fps. To my astonishment, groups were smaller than with the jacketed bullets. They were not a lot smaller, but I fired several groups with each gun and there was no mistake; the groups were smaller.

SNSCasting.com makes really good bullets.

Take care, Tom

Sgtonory
08-13-2015, 11:41 AM
Most of the guys i shoot uspsa use SNS boolits. I have also used some of there 147 9mm. All work well

S.B.
08-15-2015, 08:42 PM
Jim(S&S bullets) is a close personal friend of mine and I wouldn't be afraid to recommend his stuff to anyone.
Steve