PDA

View Full Version : Little off topic.

44man
08-11-2015, 02:55 PM
I was here this morning and all of a sudden my alarm went off. I have a 10" bell with a transformer, micro switch and float in my sump pump hole.
Carol was washing clothes and the hole was full to the top. Pump was running but I shut all down and went to buy a new pump, back flow valve, fittings and water line. Got a stainless 1/2 horse this time.
I took near 35 gallons out of the hole with a pan and buckets. Heck of a time plumbing it since the outlet was different.
Carol had to make two trips to Home Depot for a right fitting, they gave her the wrong one first, she does not understand a word I say.
I wanted the fitting when I bought the pump but the guy said it is included---NOT!
But now I can shoot the breeze again.
I hate plastic water line. Can't move a thing in a second.

44man
08-11-2015, 02:59 PM
Forgot, the old pump had the water line fitting break off so it cycled water back in the hole.

Blackwater
08-11-2015, 03:05 PM
Merry Christmas, 44man! There's no getting away from stuff like this. Good you knew how to fix it, though. Not many do these days.

MT Chambers
08-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Time spent in a septic tank or pit are days long remembered.

44man
08-11-2015, 03:22 PM
Time spent in a septic tank or pit are days long remembered.
For sure, had the toilets not flush once. Dug the line and it tipped down 6' with an elbow. Line was broke and the other from the kitchen sink too. Not fun working in a 6' hole.