PDA

View Full Version : Tracking Messages

MAXDRAM
08-11-2015, 01:20 PM
Hello,
I am a new member...attempting to track messages I get :MAXDRAM, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Log Out (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/login.php?do=logout&logouthash=1439313352-660dab70670e1dc0c3a90875be67d7819404b0c1) Home (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forum.php)
Any advise? Thanks

montana_charlie
08-11-2015, 01:43 PM
Most of us feel quite accomplished if we can send and receive messages. I doubt that any of us spend time trying to 'track' them.

Perhaps you could explain what you are trying to do, in terms that we can understand, and maybe we can help you search for a cure to your problem.

Chances are that we won't, though, because I see that I also don't have permission to track 'em.
Lucky for me ... I don't feel any need to.

fryboy
08-12-2015, 10:23 AM
only a guess but ... by track are you perchance trying to look at a message that has been deleted ? if your setting isnt set to save sent messages then umm it doesnt ( look in "user CP , it's in the pull down tab under your nick at the top right hand of the page )

oneokie
08-12-2015, 12:24 PM
Which page are you trying to access when you get that popup message?

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-12-2015, 12:42 PM
Hello,
I am a new member...attempting to track messages I get :MAXDRAM, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Log Out (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/login.php?do=logout&logouthash=1439313352-660dab70670e1dc0c3a90875be67d7819404b0c1) Home (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forum.php)
Any advise? Thanks

I assume you aren't talking about Private messages.
I assume you are talking about public posts.
If so, above each thread, there is a pull down menu "thread tools"
Click on that, and then click on "subscribe to this thread"
Then you will be offered some choices as how you want to be notifiied of thread activity ...AKA: track
Good Luck,
Jon

PS, if you are talking about Private messages, have you verified your account ? If not, you won't have access to them.

Omega
08-12-2015, 01:07 PM
I assume you aren't talking about Private messages.
I assume you are talking about public posts.
If so, above each thread, there is a pull down menu "thread tools"
Click on that, and then click on "subscribe to this thread"
Then you will be offered some choices as how you want to be notifiied of thread activity ...AKA: track
Good Luck,
Jon

PS, if you are talking about Private messages, have you verified your account ? If not, you won't have access to them.
In your inbox page there is a "Track Messages" link under the inbox right below "Send message" link. I get the same thing, though I have been verified, but I don't know what it is supposed to do so probably don't need it.

montana_charlie
08-12-2015, 01:08 PM
Everybody ...
Click on Private Messages (at the top of the page).
On the resulting screen, look at the items on the left.
One of them is Track Messages.

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-12-2015, 01:17 PM
In your inbox page there is a "Track Messages" link under the inbox right below "Send message" link. I get the same thing, though I have been verified, but I don't know what it is supposed to do so probably don't need it.

Everybody ...
Click on Private Messages (at the top of the page).
On the resulting screen, look at the items on the left.
One of them is Track Messages.

OH, sure enough.
I don't have access to those either.
Maybe only the CEO and ADMIN have access ?
Or it's a glitch :)

oneokie
08-12-2015, 01:21 PM
Or, it is like the Complaint Dept.

Taylor
08-13-2015, 06:53 PM
Mine says almost the same thing...except it don't say maxdram:bigsmyl2: