PDA

View Full Version : real proud of my girls!

nagantguy
08-11-2015, 08:46 AM
We just came back, we being wife daughter and myself from our longest vacation ever as a family. The day before we left we got a call from a dear friend who had gotten Jammed up by life and was in need of help, he'd moved his family from CO back to Michigan bought an old farm anyhow with work two little ones and fixing the place up he was behind on wood cutting for winter and slaughtering his hogs. The family voted unanimously to give up two vacation days to help!!!! Barn full of wood and hogs buthered, we got half a hog for our effort. Used a .223 with some reduced loads to dispatch them and it worked wonderfully only one shot exited the head, zero meat damage, zero suffering. Then we moved on for 4 days of pioneer type camping in northern MI. Good weather, great food. We worked on primative fire making natural shelter construction, fishing with homemade gear edible plants, picked tons of berries told stories, shot a little. My favorite part was late Sunday night, while very near our camp a family of coyotes killed something, not sure what but it wasn't quick nor was it painless, loud, long and brutal, but while this was going on my daughter, 11 now opened up like she hasn't in a while and told me all her thoughts, secrets, hopes, worries, goals and she even asked me some hard questions. We had a great talk complete with hugs and a few tears! Thank you Jesus for blessing me with these ladies!

Thumbcocker
08-11-2015, 09:07 AM
You are blessed.

Bzcraig
08-11-2015, 09:52 AM
Wow, that my friend was a very meaningful vacation!

OldFogey
08-11-2015, 10:05 AM
What a great vacation and great blessing. Cherish those times. Too soon, the children are grown. Make the memories while you can.

Lead Fred
08-11-2015, 10:15 AM
Livin the Dream

tnaz
08-11-2015, 10:30 AM
Thanks for sharing, and as stated, You are very Blessed.

tnaz

John Guedry
08-11-2015, 11:26 AM
Great of you and yours to take time from your vacation to help a friend in his time of need.

xs11jack
08-11-2015, 11:40 AM
Times like that are more precious than all the gold and silver on earth. God's blessing on you and your family.
Ole Jack

454 shooter
08-11-2015, 10:46 PM
I'm sure that vacation will be remembered for generations.
You are truly blessed.

MaryB
08-11-2015, 11:12 PM
Awesome! Kids will have memories of the vacation helping someone else(and they probably thought it was fun because it was a vacation) then the time in the north woods on top of it!

Chris24
08-11-2015, 11:15 PM
Sounds like a great time. My dad has passed on, and times like that are what I remember most. We didn't have a lot of money, but he was there when I needed to talk or just have fun. I hope I can do that for my kids when they get old enough.

jumbeaux
08-12-2015, 12:14 PM
God Bless you and your family. I still have very great memories of camping with my grandparents. Wonderful times.

merlin101
08-12-2015, 12:22 PM
"daughter, 11 now opened up like she hasn't in a while and told me all her thoughts, secrets, hopes, worries, goals and she even asked me some hard questions."

Thats VERY special! Many parent go their whole lives without ever being that close to their children.

captain-03
08-12-2015, 08:44 PM
You are certainly blessed!!

nagantguy
08-17-2015, 02:32 PM
Thanks ya'll I'm still on high from our trip and my girls, while my little girl is still my little girl and boys and work and collage take over.

jeepyj
08-17-2015, 07:01 PM
Sounds like true family values. Just wish there were more families like yours now-a-days. Nicly done!
jeepyj

nagantguy
08-18-2015, 11:30 AM
My family does have values, thank you jeepyj, I can't take any responsibility except I show them respect, demand they show it to others, show then hard work, which they gladly give back around the farm and to others, they have taught me more about being a "man" not being a little boy playing the part than I ever learned on my own. Every day I'm humbled by their kindness, mercy and unselfish behavior, when they give away produce and eggs to those in need there have been times my first though was, we need that money! They see it like we have food, heat and a roof and a duty to help friends and neighbors and strangers whom aren't as fortunate! I've posted here before "you can't claim to have tried making the world a better place until you've done it in your little corner" I learned that from my girls!