PDA

View Full Version : Darwin at work

David2011
08-07-2015, 07:22 PM
On the radio today: At a Wal-Mart in Midland, Texas a bad guy tried to break into a gun case with a hammer. When he was noticed he ran out of the store, across the parking lot and out onto the street were he was fatally hit by an 18-wheeler.

David

wills
08-07-2015, 07:24 PM
Was the hammer harmed?

Mike in TX
08-07-2015, 07:34 PM
wills LOL

oneokie
08-07-2015, 08:03 PM
Probably suffered some road rash...........

jsizemore
08-07-2015, 09:00 PM
I like it. Use enough truck instead of "use enough gun".

wch
08-07-2015, 09:06 PM
Now his family will attempt to sue WalMart because his crime was thwarted and he was forced to flee out onto the highway.

montana_charlie
08-07-2015, 09:18 PM
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv203/montana_charlie/MothersSon_zps16a48f43.jpg

Artful
08-07-2015, 10:47 PM
http://www.newswest9.com/story/29730732/man-dead-after-getting-hit-by-semi-in-midland

Man Dead After Getting Hit by Semi in Midland

Posted: Aug 06, 2015 5:31 PMUpdated: Aug 06, 2015 5:31 PMBy Staff Report, NewsWest 9CONNECT (http://www.newswest9.com/story/29730732/man-dead-after-getting-hit-by-semi-in-midland#)

http://kwes.images.worldnow.com/images/8506251_G.jpg (http://kwes.images.worldnow.com/images/8506251_G.jpg)

MIDLAND, TX -One man was killed Thursday night after getting hit by an 18-wheeler.

The crash happened on Interstate 20 near Rankin Highway in Midland.

Midland Police say the man was inside the Walmart on I-20 and took a hammer.

He used it to try and break into a gun case.

Before officers got to Walmart, the man had already fled the scene.

Police say they located him on the shoulder on top of the overpass on I-20.

All of a sudden, the man stepped right in front of a big rig.

He died at the scene.

Police have not released his name and say they are investigating his death as a suicide.

So they think he wanted to steal a long gun to commit suicide?

waarp8nt
08-07-2015, 10:57 PM
When I was a kid in high school I used to detail cars for a local dealership. Bugs and Tar were difficult remove. Bird feces made me glad cows didn't fly...never had to clean Moron from a car.

David2011
08-07-2015, 11:49 PM
Thanks, Artful. I looked for a reference before posting but didn't find anything at the time. They didn't say on the radio that he was trying to steal a gun using a stolen hammer.

Waarp8nt, ROFLMAO!

David

starmac
08-08-2015, 02:52 AM
The heck of it is the driver HAS to go be drug tested, and the diesel cops will go over that rig with a fine tooth comb, trying to make it some percentage his fault.

mold maker
08-08-2015, 09:26 AM
Will they never learn that complicating one crime with another doesn't pay. The major factor here was, cheap, but quick justice.
Hope the trucker is exonerated.

Hardcast416taylor
08-08-2015, 09:59 AM
"The trial will not be lengthy". An often quoted line from "Quigley down under" movie.Robert

runfiverun
08-08-2015, 01:55 PM
I hope the driver had his log book up to time.
I can see him getting into trouble [somehow] for something not under his control.
I remember my B.I.L. not even being in his truck [stopped at an accident] when it got hit by another rig and it costing him 300.00

Garyshome
08-08-2015, 02:32 PM
Time to ban "Assault Trucks"

brtelec
08-08-2015, 02:40 PM
I love a story with a happy ending!

brtelec
08-08-2015, 02:41 PM
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv203/montana_charlie/MothersSon_zps16a48f43.jpg

Yes, she should.

Bad Water Bill
08-08-2015, 03:31 PM
The town and county should give the semi driver a nice shiny medal.

No major hospital bills,court costs or expenses to house him in a nice cozy jail cell complete with all of the Goodies the courts have ruled he is ENTITLED to.:evil:

starmac
08-08-2015, 03:40 PM
The town and county should give the semi driver a nice shiny medal.

No major hospital bills,court costs or expenses to house him in a nice cozy jail cell complete with all of the Goodies the courts have ruled he is ENTITLED to.:evil:

You ofcoarse are right, but it just isn't the real world these days, at the very least he will be raked over the coals, and god forbid he is 10 minutes ahead of his logbook, or has one brake 1/4 inch out of adjustment, then ofcoures if he failes his Ptest, he is done.

Charley
08-08-2015, 04:48 PM
Driver and the company he works for will face civil action, count on it. Jim Adler (The Texas Hammer) makes millions off BS traffic "accidents", and juries are ignorant enough to believe his line of BS way too much of the time. He isn't the only one, either, but runs more commercials than most.

tommag
08-08-2015, 11:28 PM
The way the fmcsa safety rules are, the very best that the driver will get is an accident with fatalities on his safety score. Starmac is right, there will be a full investigation of the truck, and any deficiencies will be put on the safety score. I had another guy hit me while I was at a light, and the post accident inspection cost me several points for inoperable steering, oil leaks, inoperable lights, and some points for the accident itself. The deficiencies were all a result of damage sustained in the accident.
For some reason, fmcsa counts all accidents, your fault or not, against you. They say even if you are not at fault, being in an accident is a predictor of future accident involvement. There was a guy who got rear ended in the smoke of a fire in Florida, and there were 6 fatalities in the pile up. Even though he had no fault, was rear ended after he stopped, and didn't hit another vehicle himself, he ended up with 6 fatalities on his safety score. This effectively put him out of business even though he had a good score before the event.

starmac
08-09-2015, 07:00 PM
You could be asleep in the sleeper, 200 yards inside of a locked gate, if a micro mini bus fulled of stoned hippies ran through the fence and killed 6 of them when they hit you, you are finished in this business.

M-Tecs
08-09-2015, 07:05 PM
It a sad statement of whats happened to the US when the truck driver is faulted for this. Other than take one more happy ending to a story.

starmac
08-09-2015, 07:20 PM
Not exactly faulted, as in guilty of anything until after the inspection and investigation, but he will for sure have a fatality on his and the companies record, which transfers to any other company, if he decides to change employment.

The one saving grace is he is in Texas, where there is a cHANCE that a little common sense will be applied to the inspection and or investigation, depending on the officer he gets.

The fatality is there no matter what, or how squeaky clean his and his companys record is.

tommag
08-09-2015, 10:14 PM
I was passed on the shoulder on I 5 by a blotto drunk guy in a mini van. He crossed the median just ahead of me and hit a northbound truck head on. Big fiery crash. The truck he hit was alll the way off the pavement trying to avoid this van when the collision happened. The truckdriver was over on his log book. His insurance company had to pay the survivors, using the reasoning that if he had stopped when he was out of hours, the accident wouldn't have happened.
Somehow, the fact that the guy had a bac of .25 percent didn't matter. What passes for reasoning in the legal system astounds me.

454 shooter
08-10-2015, 03:12 AM
I was passed on the shoulder on I 5 by a blotto drunk guy in a mini van. He crossed the median just ahead of me and hit a northbound truck head on. Big fiery crash. The truck he hit was alll the way off the pavement trying to avoid this van when the collision happened. The truckdriver was over on his log book. His insurance company had to pay the survivors, using the reasoning that if he had stopped when he was out of hours, the accident wouldn't have happened.
Somehow, the fact that the guy had a bac of .25 percent didn't matter. What passes for reasoning in the legal system astounds me.

I understand the reasoning but it still makes it bad on the driver.
I know of drivers that have had to spend the night in the truck 30 minutes from the terminal because they were out of time. Just another 15 minutes and they could go home to their family.

A driver here witnessed an accident caused by a county worker backing his pickup truck over his partner and killing him. The driver stopped to offer assistance and was sued because he had the deepest pockets.
A real shame.

Bad Water Bill
08-10-2015, 04:11 AM
Just what we have created because somehow almost every politician is a lawyer.

Start electing carpenters,bricklayers,salesfolks and others that understand what manual labor is and know how to balance THEIR OWN check book.

bruce drake
08-10-2015, 11:30 AM
I can see some of the restrictions for safety for our rig drivers, but I also can blatantly see where some insurance company listened to an actuary (statistics guy) and not an actual driver when it comes up with these rules.

Bruce

dakotashooter2
08-10-2015, 01:29 PM
Would be even better if it were a Walmart truck......................:)

waynem34
08-10-2015, 04:02 PM
I would turn into a criminal if they trashed my life because of a stupid crack head or what ever they may be. Turning good folk bad.

458mag
08-11-2015, 06:31 PM
Seen a young black thug in a high speed chase after he had car jacked an suv. He enters the interstate on ramp to I20 some where in Atlanta. he loses control, hits the medean barier and flips the suv. he is ejected through the window, no seat belts here, and lands in the opposite lane, east bound I think, and is promptly run over by a truck. THE TRUCK NEVER STOPPED OR SLOWED DOWN. It is believed that he didn't know what had happened.