PDA

View Full Version : Patriotism

buckwheatpaul
08-07-2015, 06:00 PM
I have to admit that the way this great nation is going has placed me in a very dim opinion of our government....then out of the blue a friend sent this to me and I feel like there is some hope if we select and demand the very best from our city, county, state and federal elected officials.

Enjoy this following!
http://biggeekdad.com/2014/09/john-wayne-1970/#.VCHJXVfNNJ8.email

Hickory
08-07-2015, 06:20 PM
That may have been the last generation of the greatest out spoken Americans.

Most are gone now and they have no peers to hold the banner of the greatness of America.

DCP
08-07-2015, 09:11 PM
This has been posted before, but its always a wonder to watch

Bad Water Bill
08-08-2015, 03:16 AM
I wish that could be made a sticky for every 4th of July or all year long.

Dag nab it Girty ran off with my towel just when I got something in my eye.

Thanks for the post[smilie=s:

shdwlkr
08-08-2015, 03:39 PM
The challenge our nation faces today is so many have no clue the blood, bullets and tears that made this country great. Most of those in that video are gone now and thank goodness they can't see how petty a nation and people we have become.
I remember as a kid growing up working on a dairy farm, a sheep farm and a potato farm, we would drop everything and go to another farmers aide if needed. Never thought of what hardship it might put on the place I was working. It was another farmer in need and that was all it took. Went to a few barn fires, shot animals trapped inside to end their suffering, helped in burying the dead, loaded hay, feed for those left that needed cared for. The owner never had his hand out for payment as we knew it could just as easily be us one day.
If you have never put on the uniform of this nation you have missed a lot, I was part of some military funerals, being spit on and garbage thrown at by those who believed the media. I sit here now as I write this and remember friends and buddies gone that also stood for America.
Today we have a volunteer military that I think seven states have the largest number who stand up for this country. I wonder what is so different in the other 43 states. Does being free, able to sleep in your bed at night without fearing that something bad might happen, or sadly do they feel they are just to valuable to die for the country they call home.
Many of now are older and many have seen the other side of life, the bad, the cruel and yes the ugly. We are those who stood for America and most I think would do so now even as old men and yes women, because we love this land so much that if that is the last act we can do to try and save her so be it. Many of have family that over the time this nation has been in existence have grave sites we can visit and see that they too stood for America. I can trace my family tree from before we were a nation to the present time and someone in my family has worn the uniform of America.
If I could I would make it mandatory for every American to wear that uniform for 6 years and then tell me it was not worth it. Some of came home with reminders that all can see and still others came home with reminders that go unseen and still others came home with both and how do we treat them? You decide

woodbutcher
08-08-2015, 06:02 PM
Outstanding post sir.Thanks.I remember seeing that show when it first aired.Was`nt a dry eye in the house.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

Bad Water Bill
08-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Well spoken sir.

Let us not forget that we are honored to have so many here that have paid a great price so that others can cry and complain because their food stamps were late.

I was happy today to visit with a friend that was in Nam and only a few know he was there or that he has 2 purple hearts,3 bronze stars and about 25 more ribbons.

Look below many heres screen names and you will see ARMY. NAVY MARINES and COAST GUARD as well as Disabled Vet and that should tell you of the quality of the many here that did and WILL step up and answer the call If we can still answer the call even tho injuries and old age challenge them each and every day.

And thank you shdwlkr for your service.

shdwlkr
08-09-2015, 01:08 PM
bill
It haunts me every day that so many don't stand up for this country, but try so hard to tear it down.
As to my time in service it was what I was supposed to do, even family never knew or will know all I accepted to do. I made sure few if any will ever know.
Bill I thank you for your service also, yes even old age and life challenges would not stop me from being in the fight to protect the homeland. Can't run anymore so it would be a short term for me but maybe I could aide others in being able to fight another day.
I don't know of a veteran that lets folks know all that happened or didn't happen while in uniform, just the nature of being in uniform and realizing you are just a small part of a much larger picture.

OldFogey
08-09-2015, 03:29 PM
So many don't stand up for this country, because they have not and are not being taught its history. Sad, but a couple of years ago, I looked through my grandson's history textbook. There were a couple of paragraphs on George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and James Madison. The events leading up to the revolution, the war, the ratification of the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights, were all compressed into a very short chapter. The prevailing emphasis of the entire book was of America's mistreatment and exploitation of the native people, black people, orientals, the Irish, and women. The sacrifices made by so many through the years was conspicuously absent of mention. When this is what our children are being taught, how can we expect them to stand up for this country?

LUBEDUDE
08-09-2015, 07:33 PM
Thanks Paul!

mold maker
08-09-2015, 07:55 PM
OldFogey (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?40469-OldFogey) your exactly right and that's how we got O twice.

Teddy (punchie)
08-09-2015, 08:17 PM
Thanks Paul !!

Mik
08-13-2015, 07:22 AM
I'm not so sure all the patriots are gone. There's a large number of young men and women in uniform who have been deployed to Iraq/Afghanistan multiple times in the last 14 years of conflict. They are still making the sacrifices necessary to keep us safe.

The problem is, most of the people enjoying their protection are so disconnected they couldn't point to Afghanistan on a map. Of course, they know when the next version of the iphone will be introduced and know how many "likes" they got on their facebook posts...priorities after all.

Conflict is scary, serious, and mean. It doesn't make them feel good about themselves - they want unicorns and rainbows. Is it just me or have others heard people say, "I don't watch the news, its too depressing."

Thank you to all who served, and those who continue to protect us.