PDA

View Full Version : Gary Reeder, good guy

Tatume
08-03-2015, 01:06 PM
Hello Folks,

Recently I traded sight-unseen for a used Gary Reeder Contender barrel. The barrel locks up, but will not open. I had to remove the hinge pin to get it open. I wrote to Gary Reeder and asked him about fixing it. I was abundantly clear that I got the barrel used, I do not consider this to be his responsibility, and that I expect to pay for fixing the barrel. That was yesterday, Sunday. That same day I received a reply. He said I should send him the barrel, and he would either fix it or replace it, no charge.

He has earned my business in the future.

Take care, Tom

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
08-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Yep, Gary is a good guy for sure. He is very willing to spend time on the phone if you have any questions. I have 2 of his barrels and the quality is top notch.

Gunslinger1911
08-03-2015, 01:47 PM
Outstanding individual !!!
He re-chambered (new cylinder) / re-barreled a Blackhawk to 5 shot 50AE for me.
In my hands before promised and under budget.
Can't beat that !!!

Char-Gar
08-03-2015, 02:13 PM
He an outstanding man and his work is first class. Here is a revolver he built for me some years back.

TheCelt
08-04-2015, 01:00 PM
He an outstanding man and his work is first class. Here is a revolver he built for me some years back.

That is one fine looking revolver!!!! I like how Gary Reeder rounds the heel. 45 Colt??

white eagle
08-04-2015, 01:45 PM
That kind of customer service is exceptional and good news gets around
I will look to him for any of the work I have in the future and recommend him [smilie=s:

Char-Gar
08-04-2015, 02:02 PM
That is one fine looking revolver!!!! I like how Gary Reeder rounds the heel. 45 Colt??

I think Gary calls that his "Gunfighter grip" and I don't know how he does it. I can tell you that is makes the revolver much more comfortable to shoot. Yes, it is a 45 Colt with the cylinder throats opened up to .453. It started life as a stock 5.5" Ruger. He shortened the barrel from both ends, removed the lettering, did a target crown and installed a front sight with a gold bead.

AbitNutz
08-04-2015, 02:15 PM
I had him rechamber my Ruger Blackhawk in 30 carbine to 300 GNR. 300 GNR is a shortened 30-30...sort of like a 30 Herrett. Man does this thing scream!