PDA

View Full Version : Good results with LAR's BAC

Guzziac
03-29-2008, 02:44 AM
I have recently been working with my Marlin '94 in 32-20. I have an old Lyman 311316 for the 116gr. FNGC design and this seemed to me a good place to test out the LAR's BAC lube that I have recently received.
Once a new batch of bullets case of WW with Tin cooled I got out the old Lyman 450 and used my new heat gun to get the old Beeswax-Alox lube that I have used for many years out of the tool. Once done I put the tool back together and installed the BAC lube.
My first finding was the BAC is stiffer than the BW-ALX so I had to occasionally warm up the works with the heat gun. Onec done everything worked just as it should.
My most accurate load was found to be 4.5 Unique fired by WSP these gave 1160 with a SD of 7-8 and grouped into under one inch at my 80yd berm. Once shooting was done all that was necessary was a clean patch down the bore a couple of times and the boer looked like it was chrom plated the way it shined. No slivers of lead on the patchs at all.
Then I treid some high velocity loadings running 17-1800 fps. This time same deal run a couple of clean patchs thru with tight jag and the barrel looked fine. LAR's has convinced me with this lube. It's good stuff. One additional comment. These little bullets have only one lube groove and a little more just above the gas check. I was getting a nice lube star on the muzzel at either the slow or fast loadings.
Thanks LAR's

dromia
03-29-2008, 03:01 AM
Lars has first class products I use his lubes exclusively now.

I'm on the look out for a 32-20 myself, nice round.