PDA

View Full Version : Got a good look

starmac
08-03-2015, 01:07 AM
At a grizzly, what was you thinking.
Made a run up north yesterday evening/last night. Up on the tundra about 50 feet off the road was a nice cuddly good sized interior grizzly. He was just grazing, and except for turning his haed anl looking over his back, paid no attention to me driving by.

No camera with me, shucks, I didn't have my high powered lion bow either. lol

Southern Son
08-03-2015, 02:24 AM
At a grizzly, what was you thinking.
Made a run up north yesterday evening/last night. Up on the tundra about 50 feet off the road was a nice cuddly good sized interior grizzly. He was just grazing, and except for turning his haed anl looking over his back, paid no attention to me driving by.

No camera with me, shucks, I didn't have my high powered lion bow either. lol

A good thing, too, what would have happened if you had the bow and nailed him, but it turned out to be Yogi or Booboo?

starmac
08-03-2015, 12:57 PM
I am no bow hunter, but even if I was, he was standing in the open and looking at me too, so I don't think I would be quite that brave (or stupid) lol
I know guys do take them up there with bows, but surely they find some cover of some sort to shoot from.

smoked turkey
08-03-2015, 04:52 PM
Alaska is a beautiful place. We have done a cruise on the inside passage and a seven day land tour. What we would really like to do is a 2.5 to 3 month tour with pickup camper on my one ton Dodge diesel. Just can't be gone from our home that long. Glad you got to see old griz starmac. Last trip I bought an Alaska tee shirt with grizzlies on the front that says Our Homeland Security! Can't beat it as far as I am concerned.

David2011
08-05-2015, 01:09 AM
About 5-6 weeks ago I was on the White Sands Missile Range headed to their public Missile Park, an outdoor display. Standing about 10 feet off of the road was a huge Oryx. What a beautiful animal and in pistol range other than the dual complications of being on a military base and not having a New Mexico Oryx tag. In Texas they're considered an exotic and can be taken any time of year with only a regular hunting license.

David

starmac
08-05-2015, 03:18 AM
Unless it has changed all oryx tags I know of are for military property in New Mexico. I don't know if they have a hunt on white sands, most that I knew hunted mcgregor or something like that.
Even though they are considered an invasive species, it was one a lifetime in NM.
They are some good eating though.