PDA

View Full Version : Refurbished Hatsan 95 Vortex

jcwit
07-25-2015, 02:12 PM
Just received today my refurbished Hatsan 95 Vortex, it arrived in excellent shape, one very, very small blemish on the underside of the forestock, so small it's not even worth buffing out, about the size of a comma on this page.

Cocking & shooting is very smooth, was able to sight it in with only 8 shots. We'll see in time how this gas piston rifle goes. So far so good.

wistlepig1
07-25-2015, 03:59 PM
JCwit, when you get a chance look at the breach seal[flat O ring] and tell me if the flat is up or the round is up. Thanks wistlepig

jcwit
07-25-2015, 05:05 PM
Hey there wistlepig1, I got so excited about getting my new to me rifle on a Saturday no less, and my wife was right there to tell the FedX driver what kind of bos it was in. Life is good, even when you're 71. hehehe

Now about the O Ring I forgot about, the round/curved is to the outside to seal against the air chamber. There you go, Happy Shooting.

wistlepig1
07-25-2015, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the info!

Now to the new toy, what did you, Cal., wood or syn ?

I wise I had known more when I ordered MY Striker 22 cal, I got it 3 weeks ago. I think I would have paid a few more buck and upgraded to you choice of the Vortex------live and learn at 67. Thanks again for your help!

jcwit
07-25-2015, 08:25 PM
I opted for the walnut, couldn't beat it for $125.00, only took 4 shipping days, was shipped direct for Hatsan USA. Compared to my Ruger Air Hawk it is really smooth shooting, but it does have a slight kick. Might be my heavy overloads, spose? hehehehe

I'm already shooting 1 hole groups in my garage range.

Ithaca Gunner
07-25-2015, 08:30 PM
I bought one of these new from Midway on sale in April. What a powerhouse! The "Optima" scope they send with the gun is about useless though, so I've discarded the scope and shoot mine with the open sights, plenty accurate for starlings 25-50yds.

wistlepig1
07-25-2015, 08:47 PM
It sound like you got a good deal, where did you get it. The Striker I got was $119 but your deal is better for sure. It is walnut to but has the standard trigger with the long pull.

jcwit
07-25-2015, 10:55 PM
Go here
http://www.airgunproshop.com/hatsan-airguns/viewcategory.php?groupid=20

Then click on one of the rifles which will link you to here
http://www.airgunproshop.com/product-category/hatsan-refurbished/

Then click on whatever you wish from the list on the left of the page.