PDA

View Full Version : All moderators, please take a look

ohland
07-25-2015, 10:32 AM
Recently, I posted about Bowe Bergdahl. I did not accuse him of any offense. Linked directly to the article so folks could read it themselves. My post was moved, I'm a big boy (I wear training pants now!), so no boo-hoo there.

The mod dropped me into an existing thead. Again, big boy.

My title:
Bowe Bergdahl found during California pot raid, released by officials

Title I was dumped under:
Bergdahl a 'Doper'

I never said BB inhaled. I never said anything about the situation being a chargeable infraction under Kalifonia law (what is left of it) -OR- under the UCMJ (perhaps a teeny tiny bring disrepute to the Armed Forces?).

To the nameless mod who dropped me under that thread, I never intimated that BB was in trouble for anything. Please don't place me in a thread where others are suggesting things that I didn't. All my posts have my name on them, yet I don't see anywhere in the post where there is a notice it was moved by anyone. Any observer would look at that post and find it easy to conclude that I put it there.

To the mods - if I didn't need a password to access the Complaint Department, OR I knew the mod that dropped me, I would have sent a PM. Please consider how folks are to inquire about a small issue WITHOUT having to use the God Button...

We now return to the scheduled broadcast....

runfiverun
07-25-2015, 10:56 AM
there is no pass word to the complaint department.

I didn't see anything in the staff section about the threads being merged,,, but it's NO-1's area.

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-25-2015, 11:01 AM
???
I am unable to quickly find any thread with "Bergdahl" in the title in "our town" or in "the pit" ...both by looking at the first page and/or Google search. It would have been nice if you posted a link.

If you want action, it's best to report the post.

If you originally started your Bergdahl thread, here in "our town". I suggest you read our town's header. Lot's of posts in our town push the limits, sometimes they get moved to the pit,,,if there is another thread there on the same subject/event, it would get merged. I don't know what happened here, as I didn't merge it and you didn't post a link?

If I were you, and didn't feel like reporting it and burdening a mod, I'd just delete my post and move on.

Forum: Our Town

This is the area for general forum Help, Info , Member Prayers and Board Updates. "Our Town" section for our member related issues . New Members please check in here for helpful hints. Off topic/humor/politics goes in off topic, politics. Please put shooting stuff in the shooting areas! Check the Classics and Stickies forum for helpful topics.

ohland
07-25-2015, 11:17 AM
there is no pass word to the complaint department.

The following message is displayed when I accessed the Complaint Department.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?67-Complaint-Department
Your administrator has required a password to access this forum. Please enter this password now.
Note: This requires cookies!

No burning issues here, but it sure seems to me that a password is required. If it isn't, the page is outdated.

It could be changed to a PM if y'all want to keep things subdued.

JSnover
07-25-2015, 11:22 AM
The Complaint Department isn't real. It's like the inert hand grenade glued to a board with a tag on the pin; "Take a number."
If you didn't accuse anyone of anything, we can read your post and see that. Don't let it bother you.

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-25-2015, 11:26 AM
would it help, if I said that the complaint dept should have been posted in Purple font ?

Hickory
07-25-2015, 11:34 AM
The complaint dept is a door that does not open, with a brick wall beyond when and if it is opened.

ohland
07-25-2015, 12:10 PM
The complaint dept is a door that does not open, with a brick wall beyond when and if it is opened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rL22BdGyQo
How can we find out more
Who owns the keyless door
Where does the circle end
Who are the unwatched men
Where do we go from here

Golden oldie from the Big Hair era...

waksupi
07-25-2015, 04:08 PM
The following message is displayed when I accessed the Complaint Department.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?67-Complaint-Department
Your administrator has required a password to access this forum. Please enter this password now.
Note: This requires cookies!

No burning issues here, but it sure seems to me that a password is required. If it isn't, the page is outdated.

It could be changed to a PM if y'all want to keep things subdued.

That means you must bribe someone with snickerdoodles!

GaryN
07-25-2015, 06:47 PM
Mmmmmmmm, snickerdoodles. Now I want to go get some snickerdoodles.

JSnover
07-25-2015, 06:53 PM
That means you must bribe someone with snickerdoodles!
I was gonna offer Loob Grooves but somebody else has the market pretty well sewed up...

Bad Water Bill
07-26-2015, 08:10 AM
Shucks

All of this time I was under the impression that HAMISH was the volunteer moderator and if You were unfortunate enough to get behind that GREEN DOOR you would have to defend yourself against his twin grandsons in their terrible twos[smilie=s:

michael m
08-01-2015, 09:17 PM
I have a question, yesterday I had 29 posts, but when logging on today I had 27!

I don't post just to talk or create a fuss, but I would like to be able to list some of my unused items now that I am 72. But I need to hit 30 posts.

Please PM response, thanks, Mike

MBTcustom
08-02-2015, 09:45 AM
I have a question, yesterday I had 29 posts, but when logging on today I had 27!

I don't post just to talk or create a fuss, but I would like to be able to list some of my unused items now that I am 72. But I need to hit 30 posts.

Do you cast boolits and shoot them? If so, you either have questions, or could be teaching someone less informed. That's the point of the forum.

Blacksmith
08-02-2015, 11:44 PM

You have thirty now.

OBIII
08-03-2015, 12:04 AM
Michael m,
If you made any posts in a thread that was deleted by the OP or a Mod, your posts are also removed from your post count. Solution: become more involved and ask more questions. "+1" and "Me too" don't count.
OB