PDA

View Full Version : New from Colorado

Anschutz
07-24-2015, 08:27 PM
Hey All,

I'm Anschutz. I'm a Transportation Officer in the US Army and don't cast bullets right now. I shoot lead from Bayou Bullets through my 9mm and I have a 45-70 that I'm getting ready to start loading for as soon as I get bullets and the #14 shell plate for my LNL Press. Also found a local Ruger No. 1 for a good price in .458 WM and am thinking about getting it in the future because I can't find a 45-70 version. I'd never use it to it's full potential in the field but would likely load some full house loads. 1 for me and the rest for those unsuspecting. Kind of like the old field, field, turkey sequence from a 3.5" 12ga. Just looking at this site has me interested in casting for 9 and 45-70 but I live in a 2br apartment and it's probably not feasible. Later.

MrWolf
07-24-2015, 08:57 PM
Welcome to the madnes. Lot of great information here. Best advise is to read, read, and read some more!

pjames32
07-24-2015, 09:14 PM
Welcome from Northwest NM. This forum will get you casting. I started on the patio of a 2 bedroom apartment many, many years ago.
PJ

BrassMagnet
07-24-2015, 09:31 PM
Anschutz,

Check out this thread:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?210303-Student-of-the-Boolit&highlight=

PM me where in Colorado you live and maybe we can find a mentor nearby to get you started.
It is best to learn on someone else's equipment. If you can figure out just what it will take to satisfy your production needs for a given time period you won't waste a lot money getting your casting going.
Cag40Navy should be posting soon on his progress.

BrassMagnet

Bzcraig
07-25-2015, 01:26 AM
This is a safe place for all addicts!

RobS
07-25-2015, 01:41 AM
Welcome to the forum!!!! Colorado is a beautiful state for sure.

swamp
07-25-2015, 10:21 AM
If you are near Denver, PM me. I can let you do some casting.
swamp

Anschutz
07-25-2015, 07:48 PM
Thanks for all the support guys. I'll definitely look into getting to Denver to do some casting. Doesn't look like it is too expensive to start doing and I have a rifle and a revolver I want to eventually shoot cast through both for cost and terminal performance reasons. I have several cast bullets for my 9mm by Bayou but eventually they will run out too.