PDA

View Full Version : LOL! Surprise e-mail from Optics Planet!

Chilmonty
07-23-2015, 09:07 AM
So I opened my e-mail this morning and there is an e-mail from OP
saying that the Lyman Mag25 is in stock and ready to ship if I still want it.

The funny part is that the order is from March 25th 2013!!! :veryconfu

Its been so long I had forgotten about it and I really don't need it,
says I have 14 days to let them know I still want it or order will be
canceled, not sure????

Beagle333
07-23-2015, 09:29 AM
Better grab it if you want one. Their website now says:

Product No Longer Available

Unfortunately Lyman Mag 25 Digital Melting Furnace is no longer carried by OpticsPlanet. You can also explore other items in the Bullet Molds (http://www.opticsplanet.com/bullet-molds.html) category yourself to try and find the perfect replacement for you!

novalty
07-23-2015, 10:06 AM
If you want to continue holding Cabelas has them on sale for $208, but you would have to back order. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Lyman-Mag-25-Digital-Melting-Furnace/1957333.uts?No=0&destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Freloading%2F_%2F N-1102687%2FNo-0%2FNs-MAX_SALE_PRICE%257C1%3FWTz_stype%3DGNU%26recordsPe rPage%3D18

Mal Paso
07-24-2015, 09:50 PM
Didn't I say 2 years minimum? :bigsmyl2:

Mod42
07-24-2015, 10:10 PM
I just ordered a Lyman furnace from Midsouth about ten minutes ago!! Should have it next week.
Midway had them in stock yesterday but they sold out by the time I saw the notice.
My lee pot was due for another overhaul, so the timing is good. [smilie=w:

MT Chambers
08-03-2015, 12:07 AM
Optics planet is the worst place on the planet to order anything!

xacex
08-03-2015, 01:25 AM
No, I think that distinction should go to cheaper than dirt. Optics planet is a close second, followed by CDNN sports.

Mytmousemalibu
08-03-2015, 01:26 AM

Thats the sad truth too. Their customer service is second to nothing! I bought a Weaver rail section for my 12ga which is a bit hard to find one for but Optics Urinal had one. I payed for expedited shipping and it took like 3 weeks to get a package after I had called to see what the heck was going on. Opened box, and low & behold, my brand new..... Trijicon front blade sight for a Glock that some other feller had ordered, had HIS shipping invoice in the box. Weird, looks nothing like my optic rail. So after sending that back and a couple more warmed up phone calls, I got MY part 3 months after that. I could have sent a drawing to Ulongdingdong China and had a box full sent on the slow boat faster than Optics Urinal got me mine. Never again...

Gofaaast
08-03-2015, 02:26 AM
Optics planets needs real time inventory in a bad way. (Maybe they have it now, I don't know and don't care to find out.) A few years back I placed an order and thought it would ship in a couple days (items were in stock the way it showed when ordering). I waited a week and called CS, they promised the items would be arriving at their warehouse soon. I called back a few days later after not receiving the tracking number I was told I would be getting, to just have the in stock items shipped, and cancel the rest. The third CS person I talked to finally let me know that three of the items were discontinued, and the last time they had them was two years prior. I ended up canceling my order when the gentleman said "I only show one of the items you ordered in stock". Very poor business when measured by my standards. This was between the two big shortages as well.
Don't even get me started on there shipping method. My first and, what ended up be my last order shipped from the Chicagoland area, all the way down to KC back to the center of IL then up to me. I could drive to there warehouse in a little over two hrs from my place.

LuckyLes
08-03-2015, 03:10 AM
So I opened my e-mail this morning and there is an e-mail from OP
saying that the Lyman Mag25 is in stock and ready to ship if I still want it.

The funny part is that the order is from March 25th 2013!!! :veryconfu

Its been so long I had forgotten about it and I really don't need it,
says I have 14 days to let them know I still want it or order will be
canceled, not sure????
Hi Chilmonty,
As we can't get these down here in Australia, how about getting it and sending down to me? Quite happy to pay a handling fee.
LuckyLes

Trinidad Bill
08-04-2015, 09:36 AM
They must have stolen that one from Cabela's. It was suppose to go to my backorder, now pushed out to September 30, 2015!

Enjoy it when you get it and tell us how great it works.

Geezer in NH
08-08-2015, 07:24 PM
Bought my Frankford Arsenal Rotary Brass Tumbler about 5 months ago free shipping and $40 bucks cheaper than anybody!! got it in 3 days.