PDA

View Full Version : What did I do before I met you guys?

JohnH
10-08-2005, 11:41 AM
How did I ever cast boolits without you fellas around????? Between 10-20 years ago I shot a couple of tons of WW through a 1911 and a 45 Colt Blackhawk. The stuff I made easily shot to my ability, I didn't have no troubles, hell I thought I actually knew something. Then I bought them two Handi Rifles and having lighter pockets than I did in past, turned the corner to shooting nothing but cast, cause makin' 'em is the only way I can afford to shoot 'em. I then found out how little I do know. The last six months my learnin' curve has gone straight up, sometimes it doubled back on itself. What did I do before I met you guys???

Buckshot
10-09-2005, 04:17 AM
..............Prolly had more free time too!

............Buckshot

Frank46
10-09-2005, 07:54 AM
Yeah and a heckuva lot more money. Addictive ain't it??. Frank

David R
10-09-2005, 08:07 AM
I remember when I was happy to have a one pound coffee can of boolits ahead for my handguns and a few rifle boolits. NOW I have 5 3 lb coffee cans of just rifle boolits, 1/2 ton of wheel weights, some lead, some linotype and have paid for 4 group buy molds........so far. I just threw out 4 empty boxes from 30 cal gas checks all used this year. I placed an order for surplus powder, but had to get enough to get the free Hazmat.

I have a target on the wall I shot in a 300 yard prone match with my 22-250. 15 shots, 10.75" group for 15, 5.25" for 14 shots and 3.25" for 12 shots. at 300 yards . I used to do my rifle cast boolit testing at 50 yards. This is with a 225646 cast of pure linotype.

This target has one 7, one 9, 5 10s and the rest are Xs.

Yeah, I'm bragging. :)

All since I joined this board!

David I'm addicted R.

Bass Ackward
10-09-2005, 09:15 AM
Yeah, I'm bragging. :)

All since I joined this board!

David I'm addicted R.

All,

You guys need to develop some self control. Be more like me. :roll:

Well, we are having some coal mining by the farm and the gas lines had to be raised above ground that were laid decades ago when they used pure lead as seals. So I go out there and there is tons of messy lead laying around all dirty. I asked for some and they said no because they would sell it. Then they asked me what I wanted it for. After telling them, they wanted to know how I was going to clean it up. So out comes the set-up which does 150# per pot.

After firing it up and doing one pot we poured the ingots. After I began filling the 1" ingots, everyone wanted a turn pouring .... and I smiled. I shut the stove down and they said thanks. That I could have the bars for the lesson. So I loaded up the truck to head for home and I left the set-up in place. After that, all I did was load and drive. Everytime I returned there were new guys at the set-up and more bars on my pile. I ended up with about 800 bars and all it cost me was the propane and a box of canning pariffin. :grin:

Who would have ever thought that reading Huck Finn in school would pay off?

PatMarlin
10-09-2005, 10:26 AM
I want to be like you when I grow up BA... :mrgreen: