PDA

View Full Version : Ranch Dog 9mm 135 Grain NOE Last Call

jmort
07-19-2015, 12:29 PM
This is a great bullet design and in the Last Call Section of the NOE Ranch Dog Forum. Please sign up and lets get this one in production. I like Ranch Dog comments, this one should be good for all around carry:

"This is a great 9mm Luger bullet. Most people don't seem to want a gas checked 9mm bullet but I consider it a must. Not because of velocity but because the 9mm Luger is a high pressure cartridge (35.0 KPSI) and to take advantage of it, you need to load to it or all you have is a 380 Auto.

Originally, in designation I referred to the front band diameter (thus TLC356-135-RF) but later I standardized all my designs by referring to the great body diameter of the bullet, hence; the name change."

When I went to design the bullet, something in the 147-grain lead just wasn't working and optimum was at 135-grains. I have no doubt in the ability of the bullet in self defense shooting. I have killed a number of "man" size feral hogs with shots through the rib cage, behind the shoulder and the bullet does what it was intended to do.

http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index.php/topic,855.0.html

http://noebulletmolds.com/photos/albums/TLC357-135-RF-RD-/N.O.E._Bullet_Moulds_TLC357-135-RF_134_gr_Sketch.Jpg

dkf
07-19-2015, 01:39 PM
Too bad it is only .357" diameter. I need bigger and would have got a 5 cavity.

jmort
07-20-2015, 12:57 AM
Need three more to get in on this. I believe there is no better 9mm bullet/mold out there than the Ranch Dog 135 grain.

Bzcraig
07-20-2015, 01:37 AM
I got mine ordered! Ranch Dog also lists load data for this one with several powders. You can also get a 15% discount if you order from the group buy! That's a heck of a deal on a NOE mold.

jmort
07-23-2015, 10:42 AM
Just hit 10 orders should be going into production soon. Get in on this, you will not be sorry.

jmort
07-24-2015, 12:13 PM
Up to 12, now it will go into production. Do yourself a favor and get in on this now and save yourself some $$$ and score an awesome mold and most excellent bullet design from RanchDog

HiVelocity
08-07-2015, 04:42 PM
Oh noooooo! They're going to do like "I" used to do, try to wait until the last minute and miss the closing on this mold.

Then, hope that there's an over run, or that someone decides that they can't pay for their order. I learned the hard way, like most of US.

Get onboard NOW! Bite the bullet one time, save yourself the agony of kicking yourself in the behind later............. LOL!

HV

sewerman68
09-27-2015, 05:06 PM
I have this mold in the Lee 6 cavity. 3gc, 3pb. It is a GREAT 9mm boolit. I use a lot more of the plain base than I do the gas check. YMMV. I mostly use the gc version in a Model 92. I personally have noticed no difference using the same loads gc or pb.

I really hope they do th 125gr version of this boolit.

azrednek
09-27-2015, 08:08 PM
Too bad it is only .357" diameter. I need bigger and would have got a 5 cavity.

I have this NOE mold and absolutely love it. Mine are dropping 357-358. The castings dang near jump out. I haven't had it long enough to speak of the way it shoots. So far I've only hand loaded 10 un sized or lubed 38 Special dummies and they cycle perfectly through my Rossi lever action. I'm going to harden up the mix and try it in 357's for my Rossi rifle.

My alloy was an unknown mix so it is possible the size from your mold may vary. The batch was the bottom of my pot mixed up a little more than 2 years ago. Best I recall but could be wrong. The mix had some hardening and tin in it using a Roto-Metals alloy bar and some tin solder.

If you're sitting on the fence undecided. Let me strongly encourage you to get it while its still available. The thing to keep in mind buying molds. If you get one that doesn't work for you. It is not hard to recoup a good portion of your investment and in some cases even make a handsome profit. The mold can be sold here quickly or Ebay.

dkf
10-04-2015, 10:46 PM
I could not resist in the end and got in on the buy for a 4 cavity right before it ended.( 1/2 PB and 1/2 GC) All the cavities drop .358" with my alloy which should do for my use. I mainly got it for .357sig. Now if only I could get some time to load them up and go shooting.

jmort
10-04-2015, 11:34 PM
It will feed great in a .357 Sig. You were concerned with diameter, but seems like it worked out just like you wanted. I really like it and will shoot it in any 9mm that will feed it.