PDA

View Full Version : Question for alaskans

GOPHER SLAYER
07-18-2015, 04:29 PM
I often watch a reality show called Alaska State Troopers. They deal mostly with either drug or domestic violence cases. At times they will stop some guy on a lonely road running through what appears to be deep forest. Often they will look at the camera and say, he has a firearm. I wouldn't want to drive down that road either without some kind of a firearm. Could someone from Alaska tell me what the law says about carrying a loaded gun in your vehicle? In this state the answer is nooooooooooo way, no how,no time!

tygar
07-18-2015, 05:37 PM
No problem. AK is a constitutional carry state & you can carry concealed or open without a license - now! Didn't use to be that way.

Beef15
07-18-2015, 05:40 PM
No problem. AK is a constitutional carry state & you can carry concealed or open without a license - now! Didn't use to be that way.
Yep, but must inform. Like all reality shows AK Troopers is not immune from attempts at additional drama.

starmac
07-18-2015, 06:11 PM
Anybody that can legally own can carry concealed or open. You do have to inform the officer you are carrying anytime you have any interaction with one.

When Palin had her big get together here in town, 5000 people of any and all types, she was asked if guns cc was allowed, and she said by all means.

osteodoc08
07-18-2015, 09:37 PM
Anybody that can legally own can carry concealed or open. You do have to inform the officer you are carrying anytime you have any interaction with one.

When Palin had her big get together here in town, 5000 people of any and all types, she was asked if guns cc was allowed, and she said by all means.

And no reported issues....I wonder why? Perhaps law abiding, gun toting citizens.......abide by the laws. Imagine that

Friends call me Pac
07-18-2015, 10:45 PM
I use to drive through the base gate at Eielson AFB with my 44 mag sitting in plain view on the dash. No problems what so ever. Man I miss Alaska and the freedoms I enjoyed. That was late 80's. I'm guessing it is still the same. Sure hope so.