PDA

View Full Version : Question for Texans

GOPHER SLAYER
07-18-2015, 04:05 PM
There is an ad currently running on TV for Dairy Queen. They are pushing a jalapeno hamburger. In the lower right corner of the screen is a message that reads, not available in Texas. Anyone know why?

richhodg66
07-18-2015, 04:13 PM
That's funny because probably half the Dairy Queens in the world are in Texas. Every settlement big enough to have a stop sign down there has a Dairy Queen.

oneokie
07-18-2015, 04:20 PM
I think that all the Dairy Queens in Texas are franchised by DQ Texas. A subsidary of the Dairy Queen corp.

GOPHER SLAYER
07-18-2015, 04:36 PM
I just noticed that in my post I failed to spell Texas with a capitol T. My sincere apology to the good people of the Lone Star State. That is one state that has always treated me well.

oneokie
07-18-2015, 04:50 PM
Fixed that for you.

rockrat
07-18-2015, 06:08 PM
Probably not hot enough for the Texans

lancem
07-18-2015, 06:37 PM
Maybe because McDonald's already has one???

Kent Fowler
07-18-2015, 09:14 PM
There is quite a few items on the Dairy Queen menu in Texas that are not available in other states. Was in a DQ in Kentucky a few years back and ordered a steak finger basket and the woman looked at me and said 'we ain't in Texas'

pertnear
07-18-2015, 09:37 PM
If you live in Texas you don't go to DQ for a hamburger, you go to Whataburger. They have their own jalapeno version that will burn you at both ends.

Charley
07-18-2015, 10:59 PM
Whataburger came out with a no open carry policy, might cost them some business. I'm not going to open carry anyway.

quickdraw66
07-19-2015, 07:21 AM
There is quite a few items on the Dairy Queen menu in Texas that are not available in other states. Was in a DQ in Kentucky a few years back and ordered a steak finger basket and the woman looked at me and said 'we ain't in Texas'
:p

WILCO
07-19-2015, 08:13 AM
There is an ad currently running on TV for Dairy Queen. They are pushing a jalapeno hamburger. In the lower right corner of the screen is a message that reads, not available in Texas. Anyone know why?

Contact Dairy Queen - Corporate International US Information (http://www.dairyqueen.com/us-en/Company/Contact-Us/)

TXGunNut
07-19-2015, 02:16 PM
I think that all the Dairy Queens in Texas are franchised by DQ Texas. A subsidary of the Dairy Queen corp.

Richeson family owns most of the DQ's around here but I seldom patronize them. The two closest to me are dumps and there are better options close to the next one down the road. Whataburger has a great bacon jalapeno cheeseburger that is best enjoyed in the wee hours of Sat or Sun morning but those days are gone for me. I don't do Whataburger much any more and the idiocy of their plans for a 30.07 sign will probably keep me out of their establishments even though I don't plan to open carry.

LUBEDUDE
07-19-2015, 04:51 PM
I'm with TXGunNut. I have no inclination of carrying open. But Whataburger just lost a customer for good.

Last year while passing through Arizona I stopped at a McDonalds for ice cream only. The place was a mad house! Four lines waiting with 8- 11 people per line, and almost every table full in this very large facility. Kids were everywhere. Two guys in line were carrying open. I think that I was the only one in the place that even noticed.

As I was leaving, I saw one more guy with a pistol on his hip sitting in a booth. No one cared. The kids gave it no bother.

Whataburger caved and jumped the gun on this one, literally!

rr2241tx
07-20-2015, 01:32 PM
Most Texans do not consider jalapenos to be spicy, hot, or really worth the water to grow. Serranos pretty much define the lower limit of "chile". One use for jalapenos is to stuff them full of habenero cream cheese with a bacon wrap as tasters while the briskets are grilling. Mostly a handful of chile petines eaten with a burger would be what a jalapeno burger really ought to be and everybody has chile petines.

quickdraw66
07-20-2015, 07:09 PM
Most Texans do not consider jalapenos to be spicy, hot, or really worth the water to grow. Serranos pretty much define the lower limit of "chile". One use for jalapenos is to stuff them full of habenero cream cheese with a bacon wrap as tasters while the briskets are grilling. Mostly a handful of chile petines eaten with a burger would be what a jalapeno burger really ought to be and everybody has chile petines.

Darn it, now I'm hungry!!! :o

Rufus Krile
07-20-2015, 11:03 PM
My petine plant is loaded right now, but the mockingbird is waiting for them to turn... It's only fair... I think he's the one that brought me the plant.

Char-Gar
07-21-2015, 10:04 AM
Whataburger came out with a no open carry policy, might cost them some business. I'm not going to open carry anyway.

Whataburger is not a franchise, but all of their restaurants are owned by the Dobson family of Corpus Christi. I have a long and close relationship with the Dobsons and know they are not anti-gun. They are responding to concerns of their employees when people wearing handguns come in the door in January of 2016. Texas has not open carry of handguns since 1872 and this new law will be quite unsettling to many people. It will take some time for the average person in Texas to adjust to the change. I also expect many 911 calls about 'a man with a gun", in the first few weeks and months.

I think the initial apprehension will wear off and things will resume on an even keel. It should be noted that Whataburger has stated that as before, people with concealed handguns are welcome, it is just the open carry that is the issue.

rr2241tx
07-21-2015, 12:35 PM
January 2016 will be just fine everywhere except where the Kalifornicators have moved in and run off all the Texans, like Austin and Dallas. Austin will undoubtedly arrest every open carrying white male they can for as long as it takes for everyone to understand that the law and the Constitution do not apply there. I really do wish Art Acevedo would move back to East LA where he belonged.

Echo
07-21-2015, 04:38 PM
I know at one time it was illegal in Texas to 'rudely display' a firearm in a liquor-selling establishment, so no open carry...