PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready to move back to Ak

bearcove
07-14-2015, 03:12 PM
The last of the work here has dried up. Lots elsewhere, just not here in New Mexico. Wife has wanted to stay but finally ready to move on to greener pastures. Worst part is we've been here for 14 years and the amount of stuff to get rid of is amazing. Funny cause we were living in a RV when we came here. Take a few moving vans to get out now.

I am looking to move back to Alaska probably next year. Go up later this summer to work and look for a place.

starmac
07-14-2015, 08:08 PM
Which part??

bearcove
07-14-2015, 10:59 PM
Not sure but close to salt water.

starmac
07-14-2015, 11:31 PM
Well that puts you a long ways from me. lol Will you be working on the slope?

bearcove
07-15-2015, 08:38 AM
Yeah that, pump stations, other pipe that needs welding. There is some work in Fairbanks right now. Anchorage is building a powerhouse. Need to get stuff done down here first, then head up and see whats kicking.

bangerjim
07-15-2015, 10:57 AM
Enjoy the cooooooold long nites and days! After living here in AZ for almost 30 years, I would find it hard to face cold weather again. I do not mind shoveling sunshine.

Good luck on your venture.

bearcove
07-15-2015, 11:25 AM
I will gladly winter up there. The fishing alone would be enough. Access to wilderness and lots of hunting, bonus.

Would have been there 10 yrs ago but had work here and wife wants to stay. No work and she's ready to move, just needs direction. I'm pointing North, she's thinking....

starmac
07-15-2015, 01:03 PM
Different strokes for different strokes. I can take Alaska winters 100 times easier that Arizona summers, winters too for that matter. lol

bearcove
07-15-2015, 02:49 PM
same here Az is too hot

bearcove
07-20-2015, 06:20 PM
Moving closer, The wife said get rental ready to sell, go up and go to work. When work pans out we move the rest of our stuff. Have to finish the refit on the boat and get it ready first cause it has to go up the Inside most the way. Fix up both houses so they are ready to sell. Be up in the spring probably for work. Starmac see you for a coffee.

Nice the wife has come around. I told her " RESISTANCE IS FUTILE", Its sinking in.

Beef15
07-20-2015, 08:13 PM
Man I wish my wife would come around, just got back from visiting both of ours parents still up there. Miss it. Good luck to you.

starmac
07-21-2015, 02:52 AM
Like I said, different strokes, the first time my wife came up for a visit was in febuary and 40 below at the airport. lol
She was here a couple of months, while I had to go to nevada to work. She didn't want to leave and couldn't wait to get back. No way I could get her to move back now. lol

snowwolfe
07-21-2015, 09:40 AM
We lived in Alaska for roughly 35 years until we moved out just over two years ago. Made a small fortune on the last house we owned for only 11 years.
We miss the summer fishing and our annual Yukon/Koyukuk/Huslia moose hunting trips.
But the high prices, isolation and cold winters finally just got to all of us.
In a perfect world we would drive back to summer on the Kenai but we feel more at home in TN at the present

bearcove
07-21-2015, 10:35 AM
Like I said, different strokes, the first time my wife came up for a visit was in febuary and 40 below at the airport. lol
She was here a couple of months, while I had to go to nevada to work. She didn't want to leave and couldn't wait to get back. No way I could get her to move back now. lol

My wife's mom remarried 30 years ago and they moved up there. My wife went to visit, this was before we had met, stayed 2 weeks. Called her dad and told him to mail her stuff, she had sold her return ticket and she was staying. She stayed 13 years.

AkMike
07-22-2015, 10:32 AM
Yeah that, pump stations, other pipe that needs welding. There is some work in Fairbanks right now. Anchorage is building a powerhouse. Need to get stuff done down here first, then head up and see whats kicking.

Both power plants are almost done here. I wouldn't count too much on them.

bearcove
07-22-2015, 11:05 AM
Yeah that's what I figured. I won't be up till early next year. Lots to do here.