PDA

View Full Version : Old Style (?) RCBS mold

MarshalG
07-13-2015, 08:00 PM
I recently purchased an RCBS 41-210-KT mold off fleabay and am having trouble finding a mold handle that will fit. It is a 2 cavity mold, but instead of the pins for attaching the handles being located within the mold block body as seems universal today it has the pin holes in two metal flanges (as thick as the handle groove, extending out from the body about 1/4") which occupy the grooves of each half where the handle would go and are attached with screws into the mold body. So the pin holes are about 1/4 - 3/8" wider than they would be on a standard mold. It also seems to me that the handle would need to have double forks to hold the mold since its an external pin hole instead of an internal one. Sorry for the wordy description. I know a picture would be better, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Any help in solving this conundrum would be greatly appreciated. -Marshal :veryconfu

bhn22
07-13-2015, 08:17 PM
It sounds like you have a mould that has been altered for use in a casting machine like a Master Caster or something similar.

MarshalG
07-13-2015, 08:59 PM
YES! bhn22 you hit a homerun. That's exactly what I have on my hands. Now, any ideas or suggestions on how to convert it to use by this hand caster?

bhn22
07-13-2015, 10:07 PM
You should be able to remove the mounting blocks from the handle grooves easily enough, but the $64.00 question is whether or not RCBS handles will fit the mould, or if the grooves have been milled larger to accommodate the mounting blocks.

blaser.306
07-13-2015, 10:30 PM
I bought a Saeco mould from a member here that was also set up for use on a casting machine. Because of the set up involved with the sprue plate , bolt and tension spring. I also had to drill a hole in the handle to provide a slot for clearance. Works good , a little work but an easy project.

MarshalG
07-14-2015, 12:42 AM
Well, thanks for the suggestions guys. I think I'm going to try contacting Magma Enterprises who make Master Caster machines and see if they can make the mold useable with RCBS handles and if so for how much. They sell their molds to either fit their machines or to be used with RCBS handles. I'll report back and let y'all know what I find out. Thanks, again.

AbluquerqueBullet,LLC
07-14-2015, 10:45 AM
You can get lee 6-cavity handles to bolt to the linkage with a little grinding. and for a sprue plate you will need a magma hand casting sprue as the bolt hole has been moved and the channels have been milled wider when it was converted. If you dont have a sprue plate that will work i have one for you with a bolt spring and nut.

This is it right? 144522