PDA

View Full Version : Torn up again

44man
07-13-2015, 06:58 PM
Just cut the grass and both elbows are bleeding. Tree branches but not felt much. But darn, they got me anyway. A deer came out and I got close so she ran off but came back when I got a little more distance. Mulberry tree they cant resist.

CastingFool
07-13-2015, 08:06 PM
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that gets scratched. When I mow, I usually end up with scratches on my arms, legs, and sometimes on top of my head. And my wife wonders why I want to keep trimming the low hanging branches. Yes, deer, woodchucks, squirrels, turkeys and even sandhill cranes like them. They keep coming into my yard!

472x1B/A
07-13-2015, 08:15 PM
Ouch! I feel for you 44man. Dad would make my brother and me cut weeds around our corn fields with machetes. Hated getting on the side with Osage hedge. Bloody city when done.

jsizemore
07-13-2015, 08:27 PM
Bushes, walking in the woods, picking berries, dogs that jump up, and working under houses and in cabinets, I come out a bloody mess. I got the wussy skin.

DougGuy
07-13-2015, 08:51 PM
Just cut the grass and both elbows are bleeding.

Did you ever think of using a lawnmower Jim? I mean, you start them then ride, beats the hell out of mowing with the forearms! :kidding:

fecmech
07-13-2015, 09:39 PM
Hated getting on the side with Osage hedge. Bloody city when done.
Yeah, the fellow that trimmed out our 2 Osage Orange trees earned his money. I have 2 really beautiful knarly 100 yr old trees. I think the saying for Osage Orange is"Bull strong, horse high and hog tight". I know I wouldn't want to try and get through an Osage hedge.

MaryB
07-14-2015, 12:54 AM
One that gets me mowing is the gooseberry bush... last time I embedded a 1 inch long spine halfway into my arm...

44man
07-14-2015, 01:23 PM
Apple and mulberry the worst. Then the red buds. I hate Osage. Flatten tires fast and where I hunt there are many.

Echo
07-14-2015, 02:32 PM
Mowing - Hmmm - mowing - Oh Yeah, what I used to do before I moved to the desert...

popper
07-14-2015, 03:14 PM
Osage Orange - planted about a bazillion of those as a kid, around Boliver, MO. We called em horse apple trees. Got merit badges for making wind breaks from them. Mesquite thorns are worse. Both will wear out a saw chain in nothing flat. Friend made me a really nice BP pen from mesquite, wore out a couple wood bits before he was through.