PDA

View Full Version : Scary start to an awesome morning

David2011
07-12-2015, 02:12 PM
Yesterday morning the peace was broken by a neighbor frantically beating on the door and ringing the doorbell at a full auto rate. She was saying something to SWMBO about one of my friends being in a motorcycle wreck. Not knowing what the heck is going on I drop a small revolver in my pocket and go outside. I see a Honda Gull Wing laying on its side and a friend, DG, that lives about 40 miles away standing beside it. He was dropping by to give me some .22LR he had that I swapped for primers I had on hand. It was raining lightly and he rode into deep wet gravel. The bike went out from under him and he got trapped under it. He managed to get out before any assistance arrived and suffered only some scrapes, but DG is 80 years old so it was still pretty scary at first. The neighbor is a nurse and had already called 911 so the Sheriff and ambulance showed up quickly. After the excitement subsided we retired to the front porch and went through a few cups of coffee. We talked for probably two hours about boolit casting, pistol matches and other gun related stuff without another care in the world. Eventually the rain subsided, the sun came out and he went on his was way. I can't think of a better way to have spent the morning.

David

leadman
07-12-2015, 02:20 PM
Glad your friend was not hurt. Sounds like a good time otherwise.

Bzcraig
07-12-2015, 03:42 PM
Scary start for sure but a happy ending!

jsizemore
07-12-2015, 05:16 PM
Sounds like my dad's old riding buddies. They wouldn't stop till they were missing limbs or dead.

bob208
07-13-2015, 09:42 AM
why stop for a missing limb? I know of three Harleys with side cars because of a missing leg.

richhodg66
07-13-2015, 01:19 PM
Glad he's OK. I love to ride and hope I'm still able to when I'm 80.

It does seem like a lot of Goldwing riders are pretty aged, good on them for continuing to stay in the game doing something they love.

missionary5155
07-13-2015, 01:49 PM
Greetings
I also rejoice your friend is OK. Two wheelers can get out of hand right fast.
Mike in Peru

country gent
07-13-2015, 01:54 PM
A big bike canget away from anyone with a little inattention. Luckily He was going slow and went down easy and correctly so only injury was to his pride. There is a corner in town with a buckeye tree on it and for years the owner sewpt them into the road. Cars and trucks it didnt bother but a motorcycle it was like trying to ride on ball bearings. with them between tires and pavement. Wet leaves can send you for a ride also.. ... Im glad no one or the bike was injured. Thats great news. A few cups of coffee to calm down and all was good.