PDA

View Full Version : Ordered a Confederate flag

DCP
07-10-2015, 07:57 AM
I ordered a Confederate flag from Cooters Place

http://www.cootersplace.com/general-...ederate-merch/ (http://www.cootersplace.com/general-store/category/confederate-merch/)

Ordered June 26
order conformation was sent

Mailing label created July 1
Then nothing
Sent email message July 8 by me

It was paid with Paypal.
I will give them till Monday before I fill a claim with paypal.
I am not sure how long Paypal gives them. This is why Paypal is very convenient

Anyone know anything about them?

shooterg
07-10-2015, 08:29 AM
The battle flags are on backorder everywhere. Hopefully yours will be made in SOUTH China !

jsizemore
07-10-2015, 08:42 AM
If it's like the rest of the country, there's a big run on sales and the number of suppliers has dropped. Local news covered a Army/Navy store that still had flags with customers driving 250 miles to get a stars and bars. The report said 2 of their 3 suppliers were no longer carrying confederate flags. In NC the number of Sons of Confederate Veterans vanity plates is set at 5000. 2600 were issued. They have 3000 new applications since Charleston. To get a plate you have to prove your lineage to a Civil War vet. Our governor, from Charlotte, wants to eliminate the plates. I guess he doesn't expect to run for public office in NC and win!

Screwbolts
07-10-2015, 08:59 AM
DCP, did you read or find this info on the page for ordering from them. For your convenience and immediate viewing, I have copied and pasted the info here. The Cooter's site, makes it very clear they are overwhelmed and working hard. I think a little patience might be in order, but most of today's society wants it right now.

copied and pasted from the flag listing page of The OP link:

You Can Also Place Orders By Phone 615-872-8358.

For Customers: 1st of all, Thank All of You for your orders. Please forgive us for the delay, but we have been overwhelmed with online orders and have hired extra staff in order to meet the demand. Everyone placing orders can expect a 10 to 14 day delay on their orders. We’re sorry for the inconvenience, but assure you that your order has been received and is being processed.

Ken

Added after first Posting, PS:

I am not in any way affiliated with the OP's linked site in any way.

HarryT
07-10-2015, 09:17 AM
I've heard the NAACP is having Rebel Flags made by slave labor in Sierra Leone and is make millions of dollars since the Flag controversy.

cga
07-10-2015, 09:45 AM
http://www.gadsdenandculpeper.com/knit-confederate.html

doc1876
07-10-2015, 12:18 PM
As of last week when I talked to them, they are 3 weeks behind.

DCP
07-10-2015, 01:20 PM
DCP, did you read or find this info on the page for ordering from them. For your convenience and immediate viewing, I have copied and pasted the info here. The Cooter's site, makes it very clear they are overwhelmed and working hard. I think a little patience might be in order, but most of today's society wants it right now.

copied and pasted from the flag listing page of The OP link:

You Can Also Place Orders By Phone 615-872-8358.

For Customers: 1st of all, Thank All of You for your orders. Please forgive us for the delay, but we have been overwhelmed with online orders and have hired extra staff in order to meet the demand. Everyone placing orders can expect a 10 to 14 day delay on their orders. We’re sorry for the inconvenience, but assure you that your order has been received and is being processed.

Ken

Added after first Posting, PS:

I am not in any way affiliated with the OP's linked site in any way.

Ok let see if I am one of those that wants it now
There already over their own 14 day delay
They haven’t answered my email . There certainly not too busy shipping
I had their tell #, it is either busy or when they answer the mail box is full
New price is 24.99. I paid 14.99 almost a 169% increase.

So I am one of those that wants it now ,or do I want a business to have good communication and let me know the truth and be able to answer my ?s.

Silvercreek Farmer
07-10-2015, 02:10 PM
Not quite sure why, but a few years back when I was in northern Quebec, many of the transfer trucks had Confederate flag bug guards on the grills of their trucks. Made me wonder if they even knew what it was, or if they were just cheaper than the others at the time?

http://www.fridrichdesign.com/photography/things/confederate/pages/truckstarsbars03.htm

HarryT
07-10-2015, 04:32 PM
Quebec vs Canada = Rebel Flag. Perhaps it is a sign of rebellion.

MaryB
07-11-2015, 01:09 AM
Patience! This has started an ordering run like th eone on ammo and reloading supplies when Obama took office!

Ok let see if I am one of those that wants it now
There already over their own 14 day delay
They haven’t answered my email . There certainly not too busy shipping
I had their tell #, it is either busy or when they answer the mail box is full
New price is 24.99. I paid 14.99 almost a 169% increase.

So I am one of those that wants it now ,or do I want a business to have good communication and let me know the truth and be able to answer my ?s.

w5pv
07-11-2015, 08:04 AM
I had four ggfathers to fight for the South,one died from the injuries that he recieved.It is part of my ancestry and I am proud of it.For those that don't like it they can take their thoughts and shove it.

jsizemore
07-11-2015, 09:01 AM
Not quite sure why, but a few years back when I was in northern Quebec, many of the transfer trucks had Confederate flag bug guards on the grills of their trucks. Made me wonder if they even knew what it was, or if they were just cheaper than the others at the time?

http://www.fridrichdesign.com/photography/things/confederate/pages/truckstarsbars03.htm

Seems our invasion plan to take over the north is working.

too many things
07-11-2015, 09:16 AM
I ordered one about a week before the shooting was on Feebay for $5.99 and free shipping. its a 3x5 not a US made but looks good.
after the shooting I went back to site to get a couple more. Price was $15.99 and 5 for shipping
Also said back ordered.
I bet in 2 months I can get $50 for this one

DCP
07-11-2015, 09:43 AM
Shipping was updated this AM

Expected Delivery Day: Monday, July 13, 2015 https://tools.usps.com/media/images/global/tooltip/help_icon_trans.gif (https://tools.usps.com/pages/tracking/tt-expectedDeliveryDate.jsp)

Product & Tracking InformationPostal Product:

Priority Mail 3-Day™

Features:

USPS Tracking™

Up to $50 insurance includedRestrictions ApplyPriority Mail Insurance info icon

DATE & TIME

STATUS OF ITEM

July 11, 2015 , 5:49 am

Departed USPS Facility

NASHVILLE, TN 37227

Your item departed our USPS facility in NASHVILLE, TN 37227 on July 11, 2015 at 5:49 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

July 10, 2015 , 8:43 pm

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility

NASHVILLE, TN 37227

July 10, 2015 , 7:28 pm

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility

NASHVILLE, TN 37214

July 1, 2015

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS

mold maker
07-11-2015, 10:40 AM
It's ironical that those,, so over joyed by the removal of a so called hate symbol, have create so much hate with the action.
I had removed my confederate flag front bumper plate many years ago. Guess where it is proudly displayed now.

jonp
07-11-2015, 11:19 AM
Patience. I ordered mine the same day this silliness started and they are not in yet either

DCP
07-11-2015, 11:26 AM
Patience. I ordered mine the same day this silliness started and they are not in yet either

Should be soon

quilbilly
07-11-2015, 01:57 PM
I have the Bonny Blue Flag but may have to get the stars-and-bars

Geezer in NH
07-11-2015, 09:46 PM
Use paypal get what ever. Dropped them years ago when they dropped my company that started with them for selling gun parts So no sympathy with them from me.

jsizemore
07-12-2015, 12:21 AM
Local news covered a rally of trucks flying the stars and bars. They met at the Wal-Mart in Dunn. Wal-Mart ask them to leave because customers were complaining. One fella said he could hardly contain his anger from seeing the flags. I didn't see any lumps nor blood so I figure he found enough constraint. They drove up to Smithfield/Selma without incident. This is the second rally in the past 2 weeks.

LUBEDUDE
07-12-2015, 02:31 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/12/db65efb13649ed70935d3870bbde3271.jpg

fishnbob
07-12-2015, 02:46 PM
I'll have to ride over to the surrender grounds at the Appomattox Court House National Park and see if they have removed the flags from the graves of those buried there. I have heard that the Feds said they would remove all confederate flags from the federal bldgs etc. I wonder when they will take down the American flag for all they did to the native American Indians?

jsizemore
07-12-2015, 05:08 PM
I'll have to ride over to the surrender grounds at the Appomattox Court House National Park and see if they have removed the flags from the graves of those buried there. I have heard that the Feds said they would remove all confederate flags from the federal bldgs etc. I wonder when they will take down the American flag for all they did to the native American Indians?

Please, I'm very interested to hear about this. There has been talk of removing confederate flags from grave markers at the veterans cemetery in Raleigh.

Pigboat
07-12-2015, 05:41 PM
It looks like PayPal has jumped on the bandwagon too. This site comes up with this message as soon as you add a flag to your cart.

Stainless Banners
Your purchase couldn't be completed
Error MessageThis recipient is currently unable to receive money.

Your purchase couldn't be completed

There's a problem with the merchant's PayPal account. Please try again later.

Site Feedback https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/scr/sm_333_oo.gifPayPal. The safer, easier way to pay. For more information, read our User Agreement (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full) and Privacy Policy (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full).

DCP
07-12-2015, 05:52 PM
Same thing happen when I tried order a USA license plate
http://www.stainlessbanners.com/plates.htm

montana_charlie
07-13-2015, 12:38 PM
I have heard that the Feds said they would remove all confederate flags from the federal bldgs etc.
Thet are talking about it in the House of Representatives, and Boehner is for it.

Meanwhile, activists are advocating that their 'followers' come to your house and take yours.
http://www.wnd.com/2015/07/twitter-campaign-urges-ripping-down-rebel-flag/?cat_orig=us

DCP
07-13-2015, 05:51 PM
Flag came today
I checked the new cost is 29.99 plus shipping
so its now a 200% increase

MaryB
07-14-2015, 01:19 AM
Morons stealing flags from people are asking to be shot! And someone will do it!

DCP
07-14-2015, 07:24 AM
If you shoot someone for stealing your flag your going to go to jail.
That being said this is really a dumb Idea because with the price of flags they will end end up in jail with major charges!

Taylor
07-14-2015, 07:44 AM
I have the Bonny Blue Flag but may have to get the stars-and-bars

144509 on my camper...144510 on my jeep

mold maker
07-14-2015, 07:49 AM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=144509&d=1436874212&thumb=1

I've had it on my front bumper since "87.

Cosmiceyes
07-14-2015, 07:59 AM
I ordered a Confederate flag from Cooters Place

http://www.cootersplace.com/general-...ederate-merch/ (http://www.cootersplace.com/general-store/category/confederate-merch/)

Ordered June 26
order conformation was sent

Mailing label created July 1
Then nothing
Sent email message July 8 by me

It was paid with Paypal.
I will give them till Monday before I fill a claim with paypal.
I am not sure how long Paypal gives them. This is why Paypal is very convenient

Anyone know anything about them?

What is anyone doing to educate the ignorant? Order some books to educate,and we would see truth winning over all TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY peoples.

DCP
07-14-2015, 08:36 AM
What is anyone doing to educate the ignorant? Order some books to educate,and we would see truth winning over all TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY peoples.

This makes no sense to me. I just ordered a flag

mold maker
07-14-2015, 02:54 PM
The hate mongers that adopted OUR flag to use in hateful ways, have caused other folks to rob us of a liberty. This in turn has created more hate and devisevness, among folks who formally couldn't care less.
This thing is spiraling out of control.

fishnbob
07-14-2015, 06:08 PM
As of Monday night (7-13-15) the battle flags of the Army of Northern Va. are still flying on the graves of the Confederates and the American Flag is on the grave of the Union Soldier. I'm going to protest the American flag as it pains me to think of the agony and atrocities suffered by the Native American Indians during the hostile takeover by illegal immigrants, aka "Americans"? Before someone raids my post, c'mon what's the difference?

jsizemore
07-14-2015, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the update.

doc1876
07-17-2015, 05:57 PM
Order update:
I just got a call from Cooters Garage. They are running flags like crazy, and told me that my order will take another three weeks, so if I did not mind, they were going to upgrade my 3x5 flags (2) to the 5x8 for no charge!!! I told her that I thought this was not necessary, and if she wanted she could wait even a month, as they were to be a gift, and I was in no hurry. She stated that she did not care about that and could she please upgrade me with the $70 savings to me? (?????) How can I refuse? I guess my flags will be here on Monday.

I just thought that I would share this information.

jsizemore
07-17-2015, 07:35 PM
Order update:
I just got a call from Cooters Garage. They are running flags like crazy, and told me that my order will take another three weeks, so if I did not mind, they were going to upgrade my 3x5 flags (2) to the 5x8 for no charge!!! I told her that I thought this was not necessary, and if she wanted she could wait even a month, as they were to be a gift, and I was in no hurry. She stated that she did not care about that and could she please upgrade me with the $70 savings to me? (?????) How can I refuse? I guess my flags will be here on Monday.

I hope your house is located across the street from the future Obama presidential library.

doc1876
07-18-2015, 10:37 AM
Don't I wish! I would bet that a lot of good looking dumb females will hang out there.

snowwolfe
07-18-2015, 10:46 AM
This flag stuff is weird. Am visiting our property in TN ironing out the details for the new house and now there are confederate flags everywhere. Yet three months ago I didn't see one.
Kind of interesting not many here viewed flying a flag of there "heritage" so important now when they did not three months ago.
Just tell Bubba he can't do something to get him off his butt to show some rebellion:)

mold maker
07-18-2015, 12:08 PM
The silent majority is no longer silent.
Which Japanese leader was it that said they had awakened a sleeping giant?
We all know how that ended.

quilbilly
07-18-2015, 01:17 PM
Compare and contrast. The shooting in Chatanooga vs the shooting in South Carolina. The NE Ivy League ruling caste hates Southern culture so takes any opportunity to slander the Southern people but can't bring themselves to acknowledge a real enemy.

BrentD
07-18-2015, 01:18 PM
Compare and contrast. The shooting in Chatanooga vs the shooting in South Carolina. The NE ruling caste hates Southern culture so takes any opportunity to slander the Southern people but can't bring themselves to acknowledge a real enemy.
There is so much BS in that statement, I couldn't dig it all out with a backhoe.

jsizemore
07-18-2015, 09:48 PM
This flag stuff is weird. Am visiting our property in TN ironing out the details for the new house and now there are confederate flags everywhere. Yet three months ago I didn't see one.
Kind of interesting not many here viewed flying a flag of there "heritage" so important now when they did not three months ago.
Just tell Bubba he can't do something to get him off his butt to show some rebellion:)

It's in between hunting season's so they probably hoping for a shot at the flag-snatchers. Help keep you on your toes for varmint season.

montana_charlie
07-19-2015, 12:20 PM
Order update:

Here is some more Confederate flag information.

When the controversy over the Confederate flag erupted last month, the owner of a Huntsville flag company said her business would make the flags even if no one else would.

And that’s apparently what’s happened.

“I’m not aware of another company in the United States making these flags,” said Belinda Kennedy, owner of Alabama Flag & Banner, in an interview Thursday with AL.com.

So now you know why the website for the Governors Drive business near downtown Huntsville cautions visitors that all Confederate flag orders will take two to three weeks to be filled.

http://www.wnd.com/2015/07/flag-demand-has-alabama-company-absolutely-swamped/#u17FVZYmYOzhaz7Q.99

It's in between hunting season's so they probably hoping for a shot at the flag-snatchers. Help keep you on your toes for varmint season.
Is it legal in Tennessee for varmint hunters to shoot over a baited area?