PDA

View Full Version : How long to wait till I call someone out on a purchase in S&S

rockrat
07-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Sent a USPS MO off for a Star Sizer, over a month ago, but no sizer and no answer to a couple of PM's. Hate to call someone out on the open forum, but thinking its about time. How long would you wait?

mold maker
07-08-2015, 11:11 AM
Sent a USPS MO off for a Star Sizer, over a month ago, but no sizer and no answer to a couple of PM's. Hate to call someone out on the open forum, but thinking its about time. How long would you wait?

First contact USPS to see if the MO was cashed.

rancher1913
07-08-2015, 11:13 AM
I was about to wonder that myself. had a couple of things that were about a month from when I sent money, figure the money made it in a week so 2 or 3 weeks would reasonable. was about to do some pm's when 3 items showed up in one day. I try to give the benefit of doubt, as everybody seems so above board around here and sometimes **** happens. you might check in the straight shooter area, if they have a good name, give them a little slack, but if they are in the bum category you might let the mods know.

country gent
07-08-2015, 11:40 AM
First off be descreat about "calling the person out" on the open forum. If they dont answer pms or e-mails contact the forums moderator and polietly explain situation as to whats transpired and what has taken place if possible include dates contact was attempted and how. Give the moderator all the information and be straight up about it. All attacking a person on open forum accomplishes is a nasty show for all to see. Handle it in private and if needed a moderator. Public arguments can never be won.

dragon813gt
07-08-2015, 11:55 AM

This is the first step. If it's been cashed contact a moderator so they can try to get ahold of the seller. They've committed mail fraud if they don't send you the item.

richhodg66
07-08-2015, 12:19 PM

Check the straight shooters section of the swapping and selling forum.

rockrat
07-08-2015, 12:27 PM
I have checked the straight shooters section and he is not on there as a deadbeat. I will see if I can find the MO receipt ect., but other half cleaned out the car before I knew it and think she might have thrown it away without asking if I needed it. If not, the I can't prove he got it, so I guess I would just be SOL.

rockrat
07-08-2015, 12:47 PM
As an update, another member on the site sent me a PM and asked me if it was a certain gentlemen with whom I was dealing with, and if so, then that person had passed away unexpectedly. The also provided with with another persons email and name, of who was trying to get things straightened out and he would look into the matter.

Beagle333
07-08-2015, 12:53 PM
I hope it works out for you. It might get pretty sticky now... with no way of knowing if he had cashed it or not.

Bad Water Bill
07-08-2015, 01:09 PM

3 years ago I had to pay $10.00 to have the USPS check to see if my USPS M O had been cashed.

At the moment I am STILL on hold.:evil:

A pause for the COZ
07-08-2015, 02:04 PM
Usually what I do with money orders:
If it under a $100 I take my chances. loosing a $100 wont make or beak me. SO far I am at 100% good.

If over $100 I spend the extra money and put it into a flat rate envelope, or send it with a signature required.
Mostly I send via a flat rate envelope, It does come with insurance and tracking. AT least you know if they got it.

garym1a2
07-08-2015, 02:35 PM
I don't have as much patence with my money as others and would probally only wait 2-3 weeks depending on the seller. Sometimes something bad happens as you listed below. Now if the seller was still actively selling to others while ignoring me I would make a stink.
Myself will skip most ads asking for Money order and also skip all ads asking for Paypal as freinds and family. Persional check, cash or paypal fees paids is how I normally work.

As an update, another member on the site sent me a PM and asked me if it was a certain gentlemen with whom I was dealing with, and if so, then that person had passed away unexpectedly. The also provided with with another persons email and name, of who was trying to get things straightened out and he would look into the matter.

Harter66
07-08-2015, 02:37 PM
It's not funny but it is with your current outcome . I had made an inquiry with a guy on another forum in poor health . I didn't have any money in it so no harm ,but I had also talked to his son about the same items later . Never heard from them despite the fact that the road home took them within 600 ft of my front door.

This is a bad time for the family, nevermind the potential cluster of vulture heirs,at this point you've made contact with the estate ,most places and people pay off business before heirs so I would say let it ride for now. There is also the possibility that there are attorneys involved without copies of the MO and a full transcript of the transaction you're probably dead in the water, having to hope there is honor.

rockrat
07-08-2015, 04:23 PM
Yes, family has alot more to worry about than the item. I will wait and see what happens.

We have such a good site here, I hate to hear about any of the members passing.