PDA

View Full Version : Sizing.... How fast

Jeffery8mm
03-25-2008, 08:34 PM
This goes back to my Lee mold that is OVERsized.
What is the rate of bullets, say per hour, if you are sizing with the Lee sizing kit?
Lee said that sizing was always best as it made EVERY bullet the same. Any thoughts on that?? I dont shoot thousands of rounds per month, but would like to shoot a couple houndred per month. Would sizing a couple hundred at a time be feasable??

Thanks again!!!
Jeff

trickyasafox
03-25-2008, 08:42 PM
i'd say you could do a couple hundred in a half hour without really beatin yourself up. it goes pretty quick on the lee sizing set up.

Shiloh
03-25-2008, 09:21 PM
You get a rhythm going and it goes fast. Like the above post by trickyasafox says, several hundred in 1/2 hour, no sweat.

Shiloh

Cloudpeak
03-25-2008, 09:33 PM
I've always sized any bullets out of any of my Lee 6 cavity molds using the Lee push through sizer. The diameters are not always consistant andsometimes a little piece of crud can keep the mold halves apart just slightly causing an increased diamter. I like all my bullets to be the same diameter.

I used the push through sizers for thousands of rounds and they work great. I spray the bullets with a very light coat of Hornady "One Shot" lube, size and then lube with LLA. You can do hundreds per hour once you get "in the groove".

Cloudpeak

mooman76
03-25-2008, 09:51 PM
They go very fast and sometimes too fast. They go pretty much as fast as you can stroke your press handle. Fingers don't fit so well so watch them!