PDA

View Full Version : The Voters knowledge base on July 4th

Artful
07-06-2015, 01:53 AM
http://www.infowars.com/video-americans-have-no-idea-why-they-are-celebrating-the-4th-of-july/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyhCOPh48ew

VIDEO: CITIZENS DON’T KNOW WHAT COUNTRY WE SECEDED FROM IN 1776San Diegans unable to name who America declared its independence from or when it happenedWith Americans set to celebrate Independence Day this weekend, Mark Dice illustrated that many beachgoers in San Diego don’t even know when the Declaration of Independence was signed or what the 4th of July even represents.

When asked, “What country famously broke away from England to start their own country in the late 1700’s,” one man responded, “I have no idea man, I don’t know.”
Asked what Americans were celebrating on the 4th of July, another woman said that Independence Day was to recognize “the day that we overtook the south….it’s our independence….from the south,” a reference to the civil war which took place almost a hundred years later.

Another woman was also almost a century out of date with her knowledge, guessing that Abraham Lincoln signed the Declaration of Independence. She then topped her ignorance again by claiming that this occurred in 1964.
When a man is asked, “What country did we declare our independence from, his wife responds, “California,” before the man says, “I don’t know,” but still assures Dice that he will be celebrating the occasion anyway.

Yet another woman was unable to name one of the founding fathers of America, while a man walked away as soon as he heard the question.
It was left to a man on vacation from Italy to finally answer correctly that America celebrated its independence from Britain in 1776.

The video correlates with numerous polls that illustrate the staggering level of ignorance many Americans have when it comes to the founding of their own country.

A 2011 Maris poll (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-many-in-us-ignorant-of-july-4th-history/) found that, “Only 58 percent of residents know that the United States declared its independence in 1776.” Around a quarter of U.S. citizens have no idea who America declared its independence from.

The numbers are even more depressing when it comes to America’s youth. 14 per cent of teens (http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92955) think that the U.S. declared independence from France, while another 5 per cent thought it was Canada.

Going on the anecdotal evidence of this video, if anything those figures aren’t likely to have improved over the last four years.

Artful
07-06-2015, 01:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G0vdgMwdi4

:groner:

GabbyM
07-06-2015, 02:04 AM
Never have to look hard before finding a fool.
I spent 4th of July at Bush Stadium watching a baseball game. Over forty thousand very patriotic fans.
Just a few blocks away some commie journalist could of dug into the ghetto to find idiots. So what. Walk past a hundred thousand people to find ten that fit into your anti American story line. Any Commie fool can do that. What's disgusting is how many good people fall for that tripe.

Artful
07-06-2015, 02:10 AM
So GabbyM - I challenge you next time you go out in public - Walmart or whatever - ask 10 people at random to name who authored the Declaration of Independence, and 3 other people who signed it. And report your results back to this thread - I will do the same next time I go to the grocery.

merlin101
07-06-2015, 03:05 AM
I knew it was bad, but really had no idea it was that bad!
Gabby, how many of those "forty thousand very patriotic fans" do you think would've answered correctly? Certainly not all of them, ignorant people watch baseball too.

smokeywolf
07-06-2015, 07:14 AM
This is why we've lost this Country.

This is due to parents who no longer parent and a educational system that no longer educates. Whomever is responsible for the dumbing down of this Country, they are succeeding.

I must put forth this question, what kind of parents do you think these people will make?

These people certainly shouldn't be permitted to vote and I'm not so sure they should be allowed to reproduce.

These videos both embarrass and depress me.

mold maker
07-06-2015, 07:57 AM
I certainly hope this was a selected few among many interviewed.
Was there no one there with a high school diploma? Is America really becoming that dumb? That was embarrassingly funny.

starnbar
07-06-2015, 08:11 AM
A question to ask them would be how long did it take to get the Declaration ratified by all 13 colonies.

winchester85
07-06-2015, 08:54 AM
the average american is quite ignorant, and some are stupid as well.

opos
07-06-2015, 11:55 AM
If you want the correct answers to questions like this...ask some immigrant that has just finished up his or her legal application and education for Citizenship..They won't miss those things and will be proud to give you the answers.

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-06-2015, 12:17 PM
I love Mark Dice's video's, much Like Jay Leno's "Jay Walking", the audience/questionees are southern California's 'uniformed'. I don't want to insult any of our castbooliteers from California...but it seems you guys have larger than average amount of 'uniformed' people.

.45Cole
07-06-2015, 12:29 PM
hahahahaha I laugh as I walk away because I'm an idiot. Ask them about the Kardashians. I like the declaration being made in the 20th century! They should be revoked citizenship.

These people are allowed to vote. History tends to repeat itself.

smokeywolf
07-06-2015, 01:42 PM
Don't know about other States. But, I can tell you that in Kali, because the parents are either too busy with their careers to consistently monitor their children's academic progress or have little or no idea what their children are doing in school because they themselves don't speak English and have no intention of ever learning, the school's curriculum has, due to political correctness, been refocused to just skim over American History. The libs that hold sway over the educational system fear that too much American history might be perceived as being insensitive to other cultures.

DR Owl Creek
07-06-2015, 01:59 PM
I certainly hope this was a selected few among many interviewed.
Was there no one there with a high school diploma? Is America really becoming that dumb? That was embarrassingly funny.

My guess is that these are the "best and the brightest" of our recent college grads...

Dave

TreeKiller
07-07-2015, 12:00 AM
Don't know about other States. But, I can tell you that in Kali, because the parents are either too busy with their careers to consistently monitor their children's academic progress or have little or no idea what their children are doing in school because they themselves don't speak English and have no intention of ever learning, the school's curriculum has, due to political correctness, been refocused to just skim over American History. The libs that hold sway over the educational system fear that too much American history might be perceived as being insensitive to other cultures.

+1 on that post. Get a current school History book and look at how long they teach WW1 and 2 also. The Declaration of Independence should be taught in Civics class if they still have such a class now.

Duckiller
07-07-2015, 12:17 AM
They are probably not college graduates but they are probably California high school graduates where no one is allowed to fail. Failure would reflect poorly on their self esteem. LAUSD has set standards for high school graduation then failed to enforce these standards because too many (45%) couldn't meet them.

Echo
07-07-2015, 11:58 AM
Whomever is responsible for the dumbing down of this Country, they are succeeding.

Sanford's Axiom states "Half the people in the US are below average in intelligence", and Big Ed's Corollary states "...and they vote." The Powers t\That Be keep their position by keeping the populace under-educated, and promising them stuff.

Schrag4
07-07-2015, 01:58 PM
The best we can do is teach our own children, and any of their friends that are at our house. Is sure beats complaining that the schools don't do a good enough job. I think the school system my kids are in is better than a lot of others, but I still had to teach much simpler alternatives to the common core math they had been exposed to. Make sure you know what your kids are being taught, and more importantly, what they're NOT being taught. Consider their education primarily YOUR responsibility. So many parents don't have a clue what's going on.