PDA

View Full Version : Price check on leather goods

snoopy
07-04-2015, 07:24 AM
I ran across a decent possibles bag with some accesories included, caps, brass powder flask[nozzle missing], also a leather gun sock with fringe. Probably made from a kit,but done well, and the sock is a long one. Whats a fair ballpark price?

fiberoptik
07-05-2015, 12:57 AM
I just keep looking at thrift stores for leather purses that will work. Much cheaper!

fiberoptik
07-05-2015, 12:58 AM
Oh, avoid the ones with painted flowers on it!

mooman76
07-05-2015, 04:10 PM
Oh, avoid the ones with painted flowers on it!

Or you could turn them inside out if the stitching is removeable. Daisy won't live that one down! As far as prices go there is a wide range depencing on your tasts and about and quality of workmanship. f it seems fair to you, it probably is.

fiberoptik
07-06-2015, 12:07 AM
Now why didn't I think of reversing it? Actually ended up giving that one back to mom; was hers from the 70's. Had it hanging in basement. She was glad to see it again & will be reusing it. I found a nice one with the hanging fringe and a magnetic button for a dollar.

mooman76
07-06-2015, 08:50 PM
Well Daisy didn't think of it either hence his new name.

bedbugbilly
07-06-2015, 10:30 PM
snoopy . . I would say it's worth whatever you're willing to pay for it. Take a look at some of the production possible bags (Track of the Wolf) and compare. Same when figuring the value of the flask. Brass flask but what kind? CVA? Repro flask like a Colt or Remington flask or a civilian style flask? It's kind of hard to put a value on something you can't see. There were a number of cheap/cheaper possible bags made in the 60s that Dixie used to sell that weren't anything fancy. I have made custom shooting bags that I have sold for several hundred dollars - all hand stitched in a saddle stitch which is labor intensive - some "antiqued", some double bags, etc. So it all depends on just what it is. Spouts are available for flasks but what shape is it in? Good shape or dented, etc. If the outfit is something you want, you'll just have to go on your "gut feeling" as to what it is worth. You might buy the possible bag and it work out great for you or you might get it, use it and hate it in regards as to how easy it is to load from, hold what you carry, etc. Most folks carry way too much junk in their hunting bags - "just in case I might need it". We're all guilt of it at times! LOL

waksupi
07-06-2015, 11:19 PM
Impossible to give a value with so little information. Try a picture.

snoopy
07-08-2015, 08:04 PM
144061 Here it is, 66144061 inches long, guy wouldnt budge on the price, I did manage to save the sales tax, bag in the background, full box of caps, a few 50 cal balls, and whats the deal with the brass colored ones? Any way the whole spiel for 50, I checked prices and I know thats pretty good,but it would have been better for 40!

mooman76
07-08-2015, 08:12 PM
The gold ones were stage props for the mini-series Centennial.:bigsmyl2:

GoodOlBoy
07-09-2015, 12:05 AM
actually remington made a "gold" round ball for a few years. I remember seeing them in sportin good stores way back when

GoodOlBoy

snoopy
07-09-2015, 06:08 AM
Thanks, Goodoleboy,they seem quite a bit harder than normal

koger
07-09-2015, 11:42 AM
The rifle sleeve alone is worth $30 and up, bag looks like one Uncle Mikes sold in the 1980's, I sold several in my shop, it should be worth $25 and up, not to mention the other goodies, sounds like you got a great deal!