PDA

View Full Version : My Teenager Scores!!!!!!

hammerhead357
03-24-2008, 08:33 PM
Not what you are thinking. He has brought me home 3 5gal buckets of WW in the last few weeks and this was free. What really irritates me is that the shop he got them at wanted way to much for me to pay and he got them free. Oh might have something to do with the fact that he started working there as a wrench twister....Wes

35remington
03-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Now, somebody brought that boy up right.

You gotta get him to stay working there long enough to build up a "stash."

Blammer
03-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Good deal!

xr650
03-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Cool Beans.

I scored a 5er saturday for free.
Sure was hard to walk away from the 80% full barrel with 1 bucket.
Happy to get what I can though.

The Double D
03-25-2008, 12:30 AM
Not what you are thinking. He has brought me home 3 5gal buckets of WW in the last few weeks and this was free. What really irritates me is that the shop he got them at wanted way to much for me to pay and he got them free. Oh might have something to do with the fact that he started working there as a wrench twister....Wes

Careful here Hammerhead its a mine field. When my kid was a teenager he asked me to teach him him how to cast bullets and reload. Wow help! Neat!. So I taught him and he cast up a slug of .45's and reloaded a bunch of .45 ACP. Nice to see the big coffee can full of rounds ready to play with and no work on my part. Couple months later I wanted to shoot some 45's and went to get the can and only found a can of empty brass. I asked what the deal was...He told me, "If you help load them you can help shoot them" I was laughing too hard to get mad..just what I needed a father-son lecture, or in this a case a son-father lecture.

We are headed back to America on Thursday and will spend a few days with him and his family. Hope he will let me shot his guns.

hammerhead357
03-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Well this one has no interest in casting or reloading right now. He shoots some but mostly it's blonde bimbos and parties. Its the little head leading the big head syndrome right now. However he came home last night and said that the owner of the shop where he works told him that they are going to start reusing more of the WW due to the prices he has to pay for new ones. Oh well maybe I'll still get a bucket once in a while.....Wes

StrawHat
03-25-2008, 08:27 PM
However he came home last night and said that the owner of the shop where he works told him that they are going to start reusing more of the WW due to the prices he has to pay for new ones. Wes

Thought it was illegal to reuse them?

hammerhead357
03-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Strawhat, I don't know about the legality of it. I think that different states may have different laws governing the reuse of WW. Also there may be differnt circumstances ie. a new set of tires mounted and balanced verses just having a flat repaired....Wes

eaglefacts
03-26-2008, 11:47 AM
My youngest daughter is getting interested in helping her old dad. She has helped seperate some of the trash, smelt some pour a little and even keeping her own reloading log. Makes me feel good to know that if the need arrises later on that she will have the know how to take game or defend herself if need be.

rusty shackelford
03-26-2008, 12:35 PM
even better if he can get his buddys to help save them there too...

rusty

JSnover
03-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Well..... I'd hate to see the kid get fired but maybe you could encourage him to be more 'selective' about which ones are reusable ;)

GrizzLeeBear
03-26-2008, 01:39 PM
Even if they reuse them I would imagine that there are a pretty good percentage of them that are too damaged, etc. to be reused. Nice to have an "inside" man, eh?