PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Lube-A-Matic Adjustment of sizer depth

Leadmelter
06-27-2015, 06:19 PM
Group
I have been struggling to get some NOE 260-63 gr boolits to size right. When I go to size the bullet, it sizes the boolit to the correct size but it will also size the crimp band and the base of ogive. I have the adjustment screw all the way for the shortest stroke but I am perplexed and the instruction manual is not much help. I am using the NOE top punch a new Lyman size die.
Thanks in advance. This one has me stumped.
Leadmelter
MI

243winxb
06-27-2015, 07:11 PM
The lock nut "M" can be moved to the top side of the bracket, if like my Lyman 450. Adjustment screw "N" must be screwed upward one or more turns. http://www.rcbs.com/downloads/instructions/Lube-A-Matic_Bullet_Sizer_Lubricator_Instructions.pdf

Scharfschuetze
06-28-2015, 12:37 AM
+ 1 on the above post.

I can set my Lub-A-Matics up to only crimp a gas check and not lube anything at all with the depth screw all the way up.

leadman
06-28-2015, 11:41 AM
What size is the boolit dropping at? What is the sizer dimension?

If it is over the size of the sizing die it will size the ogive due to the short length of a 25 caliber boolit this light. This is the disadvantage of buying a mold that is probably oversized for what you need. You may need a mold that drops a .258" boolit rather than a .260" boolit.

You might need to size it depending on the size of the leade, or throat area in front of the chamber.
You did slug your barrel??

Echo
06-28-2015, 11:47 AM
Plus 1 - do a pound cast (do a search) of the leade to determine exact size to size to.