PDA

View Full Version : My 17 year old Grandson and Grandpa at the shooting bench

Iron Whittler
06-23-2015, 10:17 PM
My 17 year old grandson has been helping me get my new Reloading & gun room up to speed. He has worked very hard at the chores assigned to him without complaint. Today, Casey asked me if he could shoot one of my rifles. I said yes and we broke out the ar in 223rem. I run of 5 rnds to make sure it was still shooting where I was looking. I then turned it over to Casey and watched the ear to ear grins begin. After sizeable amount of ammo was used up, we called it quits. Casey was very excited about the session and informed me he was ready to do it again. Now he wants to reload the empty cases so he can shoot em again. Maybe have created a shooting buddy. He also wants to go hunting. Iron Whittler:bigsmyl2:

silverpigeon
06-23-2015, 10:42 PM
Congratulations Iron, I think that time spent between a child and their grandparents is special. I remember all the time that I spent as a kid fishing with my grandpa. What I would give to have that back. Teach him the things that only a grandpa can and give him the love that he needs from you. Lots of the things that I do in my life today have parallels to time with my grandfathers. It has had a big influence on who I am now.

Bzcraig
06-23-2015, 11:32 PM
The tradition continues! That is awesome!

AZ-JIM
06-24-2015, 12:30 AM
Congratulations Iron, I think that time spent between a child and their grandparents is special. I remember all the time that I spent as a kid fishing with my grandpa. What I would give to have that back. Teach him the things that only a grandpa can and give him the love that he needs from you. Lots of the things that I do in my life today have parallels to time with my grandfathers. It has had a big influence on who I am now.

+1, this is the truth if I ever saw it

az-jim

Rustyleee
06-24-2015, 01:08 AM
Congratulations. It sounds like he's off to a great start.

2wheelDuke
06-24-2015, 12:45 PM
Congrats. I wish my grandparents were really into shooting. They were democrats, but weren't really opposed to guns, as they had some. I was fortunate to shoot airguns with them in the back yard quite a bit.

He probably doesn't see the full value of what he's getting right now with you, even if he is having the time of his life.