PDA

View Full Version : Wedding day 6-20-15

snuffy
06-22-2015, 05:26 PM
My beloved son Matthew was married in a beautiful outdoor ceremony at their home in Sparta WI. His new wife had a special surprise for her new husband. A tradition practiced at many ceremonies is combining separate parts into one. Some do it by two lighted candles joining together to light one bigger candle.

Their choice was the combining of black a white sands. BUT the manner was rather ingenious on her part. She secretly bought him a new Glock M-19 compact pistol as her wedding gift to him. His current concealed carry gun is a Cz sp-01, while more compact than the full size 75-B, it's still pretty big. Anyway the black and white sand was contained in glass tubes set in a wire basket along side of roses and white lace. The whole thing was on a bench he made for seating at parties around the fire pit.

Both the bride and groom shot their respective glass cylinders shattering the glass and mixing the sand. Now Matt had never even seen that Glock, and it was unfired. Cassandra, my new daughter-in-law had his Cz, which she had shot a lot and it has a Crimson Trace laser, so it showed up good even on a sunny day. She hit hers shooting first but it tipped his black sand cylinder almost on it's side, giving him a much smaller target. He hit it anyway, mixing the sand! Range was maybe 20 feet.

Later at the reception;

She's a keeper guys & gals! And she's a dietician and a great cook, so Matt will have a long healthy life with good eats!

lightman
06-22-2015, 06:11 PM
Sounds Great! A lot of guys will be wondering if she has a sister! Congrats on the great DIL.

reloader28
06-23-2015, 12:19 AM
Thats very cool and what a way to do it.

I guess its the weekend for weddings. We were at one Friday and another Saturday.

Bzcraig
06-23-2015, 01:50 AM
That is really really awesome and sounds like you got a great DIL in the deal!

w5pv
06-23-2015, 11:24 AM
Congrads to the both of them and hope they have long happy marriage.

snuffy
06-23-2015, 12:00 PM
Thanks guys & gals for the comments. My son is very lucky to have a partner that likes to shoot and even has a goose gun and 22 rifle of her own. She loves to go shooting with him and I. When I can get over to Sparta to go with them.

He's in the Army reserves, and Sparta is almost across the street from Ft. Mc Coy. They, (Mc Coy), have a real nice sport shooting complex with handgun and rifle ranges as well as skeet and trap that are available to any service members, retirees and veterans. They have some open to the public as well. Falling plates and a dueling tree are a hoot!

Matt has one more semester of college at Lacrosse then he's got his bachelors degree. Then it's off to physicians assistant school for him. That's his dream for right now, Cass has made a promise to keep working at her dietician job until he's through with the PA school. He's an EMT/FIREMAN, and works part time for an ambulance service in Wisconsin Rapids. They both own houses in the rapids area that they have rented out, so they have income from those, both are duplexes.

I've seldom seen two people more in love in all my days. At 69, there's been a bunch of days!:shock: Their vows were from the heart and very meaningful. Everybody I talked to at the reception said the same thing, there's a whole lot of love there.