PDA

View Full Version : Charleston

ohland
06-18-2015, 05:41 PM
I hope with coal plants being shut down by the EPA that there is enough amperage to zap a cockroach.

Geraldo and Sharpton are on the scene... Oh my, Bill O'reilly is going to pontificate that "everyone is just as bad", then he will ramrod someone on his I-love-me show.

To the folks in Charleston, I am not "horrified". Rather, I look to the even-handed application of the law, even unto the ultimate sanction.

All free citizens have the right to be armed. At least in Wisconsin they do. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

runfiverun
06-18-2015, 08:40 PM
well the speech our dear leader gave right afterwards wasn't so cool.
he's working on his 24th decree against guns.

things that were cooling down should be ramping right back up again.
buuy now buy often this could really suck.

pmer
06-18-2015, 08:44 PM
I was shooting a new to me bodyguard .380 about that time last night. I hope nothing but the best for those families.

GabbyM
06-18-2015, 09:46 PM
O'Reilly has a show advertised for tommorow eve that sounds like it will turn into one of his anti American hate shows. I'll be working late. Won't be missing much.

Chili
06-19-2015, 07:13 AM
One thing we do differently here in Charleston is instead of hate and riot, we show love. Many here do not want sharpton and those of his ilk. Expect to see a lot of race relations stuff and even more gun control garbage. Many like those of us who come to this board, we know that more lies about gun control will be spread and the emotions will crowd out rationality. All I can say is pray to God that we can defeat those who perpetuate evil weather though violence or politics.

Blacksmith
06-19-2015, 08:53 PM
Buy your guns and ammo before the prices jump and shortages set in again.

MaryB
06-19-2015, 10:25 PM
I am fed up with being painted as a terrorist, racist, you name it because I am a Christian, white, gun owner... This kid was a nut job whacked out on medication. He had race issues in his own twisted mind and was not part of any group. But they use this as an excuse to go after all of us.

TXGunNut
06-19-2015, 10:54 PM
Obama spoke volumes in his opportunistic speech after this tragedy. He lamented that congress would do nothing about gun violence. When a man who feels as he does about executive action says these words does it take a genius to figure out his next action? After he plays a few rounds of golf in CA on our dime, of course.

Rufus Krile
06-19-2015, 11:09 PM
Wasn't golf. A fundraiser in California. It just keeps getting better and better.

Frank46
06-19-2015, 11:29 PM
Rather than gun bans why doesn't Obama do something for mental health in this country?. Don't know how many of these serial killers out there were and or are mentally challenged but of late there seem to be a bunch of them who have caused much grief and anguish in this country. Guess it's easier to bring about gun bans than get after the root of the problem. My heart goes out to the folks that died in that church and their families. Yet they all said they forgive the murderer on national TV. Although one did say she hopes she lives long enough to see him get his just reward. If something like this had happened to my I cannot say truthfully that I would be so forgiving. May God bless them all in their times of need. Frank

starmac
06-20-2015, 03:37 AM
Duh, if they somehow fixed all the mental health issues, who do you think would ever vote for them?

Thumbcocker
06-20-2015, 08:37 AM
Ask anyone in the LE or criminal justice community what percent of the people in the system are mentally ill.

RogerDat
06-21-2015, 10:22 AM
Reading through the comments I am struck by how often they are speculation that future events will fit the posters preconceived narrative. The future actions or events will be exactly consistent with what I believe about people or things. Problem with this approach is it is the same one that attempts to restrict gun ownership based on "knowing" what gun owners think and will do in the future.

For every Al Sharpton that will try to twist this to fit their narrative there is someone with a different narrative that will twist not only the event but the unknown future to fit their narrative. How many times has someone said the "know" what the NRA will say or do? Seems like people have lost some of the ability to examine an event from different angles with an open mind to answer the most basic questions. How does this fit? What does it mean?

I expect there will be another run on ammo and components as a response to noises made by politicians that are going to "do something" about gun violence. What I don't expect is a thoughtful discussion of what this incident says about where we are as a society. Not on TV programs, not around water coolers, over back fences, or on public forums.

pmer
06-21-2015, 10:52 AM
Barrack and Hillary have selfish motives to advance party objectives. They don't even wait for burial services. I'd like to see a presidential candidate call them on this. Cashing in on weak emotions should be wrong. Or using someone for their moment of lose should be wrong.

In the same breath saying "sorry for your lose, how do you feel about gun control" is brutally selfish on the part of the gun control crowd.

thxmrgarand
06-21-2015, 11:10 AM
I believe the following:

If gun availability was any part of the problem then half the shooters would be women. Women enjoy the same access to guns as do men yet none of the shooters are women. So logically restricting access to guns cannot be expected to be part of any real solution.

If not for the NRA we would have long ago lost free use of firearms. Many would still own them but being caught with a gun would now be a felony most of the time under most circumstances if not for the NRA. Sleazy, dishonest politicians would have been successful in taking away legal ownership of firearms by law-abiding people by now. There is little to do about sleazy, dishonest politicians except.......

Gun owners need to be politically active. The political winds will always be changing but every time there is a mass shooting we can expect the Democratic Party to use guns as a political tool to gain ground, and that is a constant. The term background checks is a euphemism for gun registration. Gun registration has led to gun confiscation in New York, Canada, Great Britain, California, Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union and many other places. On the other hand, in places where most law-abiding people do not own a gun but authorities want to make some sort of statement - such as in Baltimore recently - felons are allowed to openly carry guns with impunity (according to Associated Press articles in my local newspaper). Supporters of so-called universal background checks want gun confiscation; look at what is now happening in the State of Washington after gun owners lost the ballot measure last year.

There is much we can do but silence and lethargy hands the advantage to our enemies. Send money to the NRA, take a kid shooting and teach her gun safety, write a reasoned letter to the editor of your newspaper, write a letter to an elected official, or do what seems best to you. But do something to help us, please.

fatnhappy
06-21-2015, 11:20 AM
If dear leader gave a **** about wanton murder in this country perhaps he should look in the mirror. He and he alone is responsible for putting hundreds upon hundreds of criminal alien murderers on the streets of America. He and he alone is responsible for dozens of Charlestons.

He's utterly amoral.

My heart goes out to those grieving families and hope the peace of Christ that brought them together can be found again.

TXGunNut
06-21-2015, 04:48 PM
Wasn't golf. A fundraiser in California. It just keeps getting better and better.

Trust me, Obummer doesn't get on a plane without his clubs.

FISH4BUGS
06-21-2015, 07:12 PM
Immediately after reading of the Charleston massacre, I bought 4 AR15 stripped lowers from Brownell's. Get 'em while you can. Anderson lowers @ $49.95 each. I am finally listening to the little voice in my head that fast forwards the tape and sees what will happen to our guns.
They will try and try again to ban "assault rifles". I think 9 for me is enough.

DLCTEX
06-21-2015, 07:25 PM
He played golf on Sunday.

Land Owner
06-22-2015, 04:14 PM
'Never Let a Serious Crisis Go to Waste'

which is...

...a useful accessory to a body of theory that seeks to explain the political economy of regulation.

With scum suckers like this are speaking directly to the vacuous head of Obummer, it will do well for us to hold tightly to our God Given Rights.

DougGuy
06-24-2015, 11:40 AM
Ok.. We are not doctors but I ask this question. Aside from buying more guns and anticipating the attacks on our freedoms, WHAT can we do to address problems like this before they happen?

We as gun owners who want to protect our rights, NEED to become part of the solution IF we can. If we can come up with ideas that will help figure out who might be a loose cannon then by all means we need to assemble some of these ideas and pitch them out for consideration.

Do we classify certain medications as a dangerous drug that requires periodic intervention by qualified medical personnel? Do we force parents of minor children who take certain drugs to cooperate with federally mandated interim checks by qualified medical personnel? Do we classify any minor that takes certain drugs as unable to purchase firearms until age 25 or have been certified to be off the medication for a period of 3 years or more?

People are demanding background checks, and I submit that just as certain drugs make it dangerous to operate machinery or drive a car, then the same precautions need to be looked at for certain drugs that have been associated with some of these kids flipping out on society and becoming mass murderers. Could we have prevented at least one of these unfortunate incidents by doing something like this?

Blacksmith
06-24-2015, 01:40 PM
The first step would be to make mandatory mental health records reporting to NICS. Many states don't collect these records and others refuse to turn over the information to NICS because of patient privacy. NICS can't background check what isn't there. It may not have helped in Charleston but would have in other cases.

Second prosecute people who intentionally lie on gun paperwork every time no plea bargain and throw throw book at them. In Charleston he lied on form 4477 which is IIRC is a felony but you will never see him charged.

Third more research needs to be done on the mental side effects of these drugs and appropriate precautions taken. There are many dangerous tools they could use besides firearms so we would need to bar access to all of them or provide meaninfull supervision or maybe even temporary incarceration of anyone taking drugs with these side effects.

ohland
06-24-2015, 01:50 PM
Third more research needs to be done on the mental side effects of these drugs and appropriate precautions taken.

Note the host for this story is the Natural Society:
http://naturalsociety.com/suboxone-the-psych-drug-which-may-have-triggered-the-charleston-church-shooting/

Suboxone is a powerful psychoactive drug which is utilized in breaking heroin and narcotic pain reliever addictions
http://www.infowars.com/suboxone-the-psych-drug-behind-the-charleston-church-shooting/

So the possibility that a non-prescription drug was being used at the time. I'm curious, was he previously on anything for ADHD?

Good ol' American ingenuity, come up with a problem and sell a "cure".

To Stop Mass Killers, We Have To Stop Drugging Our Young Boys
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/19/how-our-touchy-feely-feminised-society-creates-young-male-killers/