PDA

View Full Version : Please give me your opinion

hpdrifter
06-16-2015, 08:38 PM
Well, it's been two months.

I bought a Marlin 336 in 35Remington in mid March. I posted some pictures of the bore. Had "blockage" in the bore where the rifling was disturbed. Some said it looked like too hard impressing/stamping for the rifle identification.

Took it back to the dealer in very early April, like the 3rd to send it back to Marlin. They said it'd take a couple of weeks. I thought that was optimistic myself.

I gave it a month and queried the gunsmith that sent it off. I asked that they "check and make sure Marlin at least received it" and they said they would and call me to let me know the situation.

Ok, no one calls so I give it a few more weeks and call back. Was told the same thing; "they'd call me back.

This has happened 4 time in the course of two months and not one call back.

Yesterday, I called(5th time) and asked for the owner. Guy said he was in charge. I asked for the tracking number; I was told it was shipped UPS.

He could not produce one. I asked if Remington issued a RMA. He could not produce one. I asked if Remington issued a work number. He could not produce one. He said he'd check it out and call me today. No call.

Should I divulge the gun shops name for extremely bad service............or?

RobS
06-16-2015, 08:46 PM
Not yet. Go in and talk face to face with the owner first and then............................

hpdrifter
06-16-2015, 08:51 PM
He's 70 miles away.

pietro
06-16-2015, 10:52 PM

I'd have a lawyer send them a letter to get their attention...................................

If/when you get your gun back, since it's legal under Federal Law, I would suggest you deal directly (send/receive the rifle) with the manufacturer.

Bzcraig
06-16-2015, 10:57 PM
After 60 days of the absolute run around, I would use every tool in my box to put pressure on this yay who including the aforementioned letter from an attorney. That kind of customer service is never acceptable.

hpdrifter
06-16-2015, 11:02 PM

If/when you get your gun back, since it's legal under Federal Law, I would suggest you deal directly (send/receive the rifle) with the manufacturer.

Sure right about that. What I should have done, but I thought this would be a lot easier. When I bought it they bragged and carried on how they would take care of anything that went wrong with the rifle.

RobS
06-16-2015, 11:16 PM
70 miles away does make it more difficult. None the less, after speaking with the owner in person about the issue I would then that day, if needed, hand delivered lawful negotiation in form of a letter while having your attorney follow up with another letter a few days later. Of course set up the meeting first to make sure the owner will be there. No point in wasting time with some run around B.S. with other employees etc.

Geezer in NH
06-16-2015, 11:28 PM
Make a police report it has been stolen and how. SCREW THE GUNSHOP AS THEY ARE THE PROBLEM. I was an FFL dealer and there is no excuse for this.

Oreo
06-16-2015, 11:38 PM
Geezer is right but I would call one last time and inform the shop that if they can't be forthcoming with real answers within the hour you will be filing a police report and notifying the ATF. Lawyers later as a last resort if need be but I'm willing to bet the threat of a police report lights a fire under butt cheeks enough to get results.

hpdrifter
06-17-2015, 12:58 AM
Thanks guys. I never even thought about a stolen firearm police report.

hpdrifter
06-18-2015, 07:09 PM
Update: For anyone interested.

I called my gunshop yesterday and asked to speak to owner again. Not there. Got a guy that said he'd help.

Told him my 2 month saga, especially the last month, and stated all I want is PROOF that the gun was sent and received. Not asking for the gun if in fact Marlin has received it.

He stated that is not how they do business; regarding the customer service or lack thereof. I politely stated that is the way it has been done for about a month and a half.

He asked that I give him a couple of hours. I simply stated that I'll do better than that. I'll give you until this time tomorrow, at this time I will call the police department in his area and report a stolen gun. If they did not respond or clarify the situation, I 'd call the BATF and suggest that someone is selling stolen guns out of your store. He said he find out what is going on.

About 25 minutes later he calls with the tracking number, the Marlin work order and Marlins customer service telephone no. and a man to talk to.

Marlin says they're having accuracy problems with it. So did I, with the condition of the barrel. Said there was a burr at the muzzle. No, don't think so, there is a deformed barrel where the stamping of Make and model is by the front sight.

We'll see.

RobS
06-18-2015, 10:32 PM
Perfect...........well not perfect but now you have info. instead of being in the dark.

sparky45
06-18-2015, 11:46 PM
Wow Drifter, you are a very patient person. I applaud your demeanor.
S45

Lead Fred
06-19-2015, 01:12 AM
If he cant produce papers on it. Id report it stolen

Then let him find it for the cops