PDA

View Full Version : How many inches of global warming do you want?

ohland
06-15-2015, 08:41 AM
More rain north of the (Iron) Cheddar Curtain... Looks like this year will have more than enough moisture for the Woodcock to get some worms...

smoked turkey
06-15-2015, 10:08 AM
+1 on that. When the weatherman uses the word "torrential" as he did for us for the latter part of the week, I think we are gonna get it.

Harter66
06-15-2015, 12:07 PM
If you don't need it I have a lake that could use 5-10 million acre feet , just can it up and send it my way.

popper
06-15-2015, 02:27 PM
Eleven year cycle determined by real scientists about 60 years ago. Bear and grin.

Bad Water Bill
06-15-2015, 06:23 PM
If you don't need it I have a lake that could use 5-10 million acre feet , just can it up and send it my way.

Talk to those Texicans.
I am sure they will give you all you can haul away at NO CHARGE.:bigsmyl2:

Firebricker
06-15-2015, 07:42 PM
Central Ohio is getting soaked as I speak. I would love to send some of this rain west where they need it. FB

Bad Water Bill
06-15-2015, 08:44 PM
My gutters are full of silver maple seedlings that I would love to clean out BUT the ground is so soaked with global warming that my ladders shifts so much I am afraid to climb it.:twisted:

MaryB
06-15-2015, 09:28 PM
2 inches in an hour last night, water was sheeting off the roof so fast that the gutters over flowed on the porch. It looked like someone was pouring a water tanker on the roof... guess I don't need to water the garden for a couple days!

kfarm
06-15-2015, 09:35 PM
I'm good here, had 60 acre hay field and 20 acre lake 8' under water on this last go round. Most of the field is clear now just waiting for the ground to dry up so I can clear all the trees and trash off so we can cut it. Now I hear that lots more could be coming. Storm just came over and cut out the satellite so its tablet time.

tommag
06-15-2015, 11:48 PM
I'm good here, had 60 acre hay field and 20 acre lake 8' under water on this last go round. Most of the field is clear now just waiting for the ground to dry up so I can clear all the trees and trash off so we can cut it. Now I hear that lots more could be coming. Storm just came over and cut out the satellite so its tablet time.

Maybe you should plant rice instead of hay.

Hickory
06-16-2015, 03:50 AM
How many inches of global warming do you want?

This spring has been cold, wet and miserable.
I'll take a little global warming w/ some sunshine.

claude
06-16-2015, 04:57 AM
Sounds as though we need a big Army Corps of Engineers project to siphon unwanted wetness over the Rockies to the west and fill a few reservoirs, but knowing the blazing speed of government, the studies would take a decade, and by then the funding would be used up, and alligators would plug the intakes, and polar bears would eat flippers babies, and, and, and...................

ohland
06-16-2015, 08:52 AM
project to siphon unwanted wetness over the Rockies to the west

Surely you forgot to turn the text purple for sarcasm? That would be "enabling" the present power structure in Kali-fonia to continue accepting illegal aliens, pump billions of gallons out to sea to protect a non-native fish, and in general allow them NOT to face up to the disaster they legislated...

Being a manly-man, the idea of big equipment and massive earthmoving is strangely appealing, but look at the cost to the inhabitants of Kali.

MaryB
06-16-2015, 11:28 PM
I had to bump the furnace on, it is 52 degrees outside!

MediumCore358
06-16-2015, 11:36 PM
In western ny it went from dead of winter to a few weeks of spring, onto blazing summer and a few nights later frost warning lol. The weather is definitely off I agree. Towns near by flooded and not a drop of rain here. Whata ya gonna do? Things are changing get ready!