PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Police Department Shooting

quickdraw66
06-14-2015, 09:24 AM
Thank God no one but the shooter was killed or injured.

http://news.yahoo.com/suspect-only-death-attack-dallas-police-building-064933169.html#

twc1964
06-14-2015, 11:22 AM
Yeah, the officers put themselves in harms way to stop a nut job in an armored van and they get villified on cnn. Go figure......

quickdraw66
06-14-2015, 11:52 AM
I saw that. There are things that are happening in some police departments that I take issue with, but I would never wish harm on officer. She is a horrible person for praising that lunatic and I sincerely hope she looses her job.

2wheelDuke
06-14-2015, 12:05 PM
Not only does CNN vilify the cops, but they praise this guy, ensuring that the next reject that decides that this life has nothing for him will try to go out by trying to take some cops away from their families.

And let me just add a disclaimer: I had to hold back a great deal with this being a family friendly forum.

Handloader109
06-14-2015, 01:21 PM
This is another example of why I don't watch the Communist News Network! Just wait a bit, Lady Hillary will be walking on water in a few months.....

twc1964
06-14-2015, 01:47 PM
I never watch cnn but saw the clip on fox. I wont give them one second of my time directly. Cnn, msnbc, cbs, etc, dont get any airtime in my house.

popper
06-14-2015, 04:31 PM
Tragic that it happened, thankfully no officers were hurt, but the van appears to be a 'prepper' poorly made homebrew job. Armored? Ha. Is/was a real armored car plant here. Press report was a 50 cal sniper took out the motor and driver - something an 06 or 338L would do. Not knocking the police, probably didn't know exactly what they were up against. Hope they don't decide to 'armor' all the cop cars and police stations now, some talk on the news about that. Evidently he also set off some pipe bombs in the parking lot? Hard to tell from the press reports. Friend was stopped on the interstate while they destroyed the van.

Handloader109
06-14-2015, 05:40 PM
At least one pipe bomb exploded, police set off a second.

TXGunNut
06-14-2015, 06:27 PM
I never watch cnn but saw the clip on fox. I wont give them one second of my time directly. Cnn, msnbc, cbs, etc, dont get any airtime in my house.

Unplugged from all TV a couple of years ago. Best move I've made in years, feel better about it every day. Think for a moment about the folks who run the TV business, what do they really have to offer you?
As I mentioned elsewhere referring to his "armored" van, "bulletproof" is a relative thing. Most serious shooters and tac units understand the concept, "suspect" didn't. I guess that worked out OK for the good guys.

popper
06-15-2015, 02:40 PM
Murder she wrote, a bunch more are reasonable and laughable.

edctexas
06-15-2015, 09:33 PM
They (CNN) claimed he had full auto weapons. If you have ever been in combat, there was a big difference beteen his rate of fire and full auto! Been there done that.

What a network!

Ed C

khmer6
06-16-2015, 12:14 AM
Unplugged from all TV a couple of years ago. Best move I've made in years, feel better about it every day. Think for a moment about the folks who run the TV business, what do they really have to offer you?
As I mentioned elsewhere referring to his "armored" van, "bulletproof" is a relative thing. Most serious shooters and tac units understand the concept, "suspect" didn't. I guess that worked out OK for the good guys.

I too unplugged at a young age. Nothing but garbage and moron so called journalist that couldn't tell a chimpanzees *** from a gorillas ***

cajun shooter
06-16-2015, 09:05 AM
A large percentage if not most of TV journalist are anti- gun and anti- police. There is also a huge movement that is taking a foothold in this country, it's being anti law enforcement. I was a police officer for over 15 years when I decided to hang it up. My reasons for wanting to be a cop had turned sour in my system. I like many other cops pulled myself into a small circle that only contained other cops.
If you have ever been to a party where a group of cops are attending, you will see that they remain close to each other standing by the beer keg or off to the side from others. It happens to most all cops with in three years of their tour of duty.
You develop a sense of the world and your place in it is a "It's us against them attitude". Is this real or healthy, no but it takes place. I will give you a few quick examples that cause these problems.
You make an arrest on a person and while talking with them before you book them, you find that you feel they are really a good person and did not mean to break the law. They sit there and cry and plead with you to please just give them another chance. Your true softy heart comes through and you take off the cuffs and tell them to get the hell out of there and don't let you catch them again. They reap all kinds of accolades on you and tell you that you will not be sorry for helping them.
Two months down the road, your captain calls you in and tells you that you and the department are being sued by that very person for some made up by an attorney charges. You cuss yourself for trying to help them out.
You become friends with a media person who seems to be seeing your side of things and wants to be buddies and hang out. A few months later you are involved in a shooting and that media person is printing or reporting what a loose cannon you are and that you didn't follow the book on your contacts with the public. He states that while doing a story on the dept., he observed you breaking the rules all the time. A complete fabrication of facts so that he may move up with his office and boss and look like a hero for the public. After 15 years I walked away with a sour taste for helping out anyone.
It's a shame that this cycle is repeated day in and day out. This is only a brief sharing of things that do or may happen to cops. I also lost two riding partners during this time period, one male, one female, both killed by those very people we were trying to protect. I'm off the box. Take Care David