PDA

View Full Version : 32 Win Spl Brass

Ranch Dog
06-12-2015, 05:09 PM
Given how hard 32 Win Spl Brass is to find, I thought I would post a source for new Win brass at $65/100. This is a fellow on the Texas Hunting Forum (http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/5755824/32_Special__Brass_............), so you would need to register to PM the guy. I bought a bunch of it and he told me he had 500 cases left.

http://www.ranchdogoutdoors.com/Firearms/336RC/images/32_Win_Spl_Brass_8ball.jpg

If this topic is not appropriate, nuke it.

TXGunNut
06-12-2015, 10:40 PM
Good to know, I like the WW (w/ proper headstamp) brass for my 32's. Necking up 30-30 brass is doable but it always comes up short, I prefer the proper length cases.
Hmmmm..."Unprimed Handgun Cases"?

minmax
06-13-2015, 03:03 AM
Thanks for the tip. I have quite a bit, but always could use more.

richhodg66
06-14-2015, 09:50 AM
Thanks, I just recently bought some more, but I have an old Marlin that is growing on me and needs feeding.

I read somewhere that necking up .30-30 cases wasn't a good idea for .32 Special brass. Other than not having the right headstamp, I can't see what could be a problem with it, but I do like having the correct head stamp.

Char-Gar
06-14-2015, 10:41 AM
Thanks, I just recently bought some more, but I have an old Marlin that is growing on me and needs feeding.

I read somewhere that necking up .30-30 cases wasn't a good idea for .32 Special brass. Other than not having the right headstamp, I can't see what could be a problem with it, but I do like having the correct head stamp.

Handloading or even firearms ownership is not a good idea for some people. If people don't lable and segregate their loads so they will know for certain which caliber, then all kinds of problems can ensue. I label the boxes, with the caliber, load and date no mater what the headstamp.

Careless people have accidents of all kinds. Careful people do not. Well there are lightening strikes and other "acts of God", but loading the wrong round in a firearm is not an act of God.

TXGunNut
06-14-2015, 01:54 PM
I use dedicated boxes marked with a Sharpie to store & transport 30-30, 32 Spl, 38-55 and 375 Winchester. All boxes also have a sticker with the load number on them and if the box contains more than one load I'll use a Sharpie to ID each round. Correct headstamps are not mandatory but they offer another level of protection and make it easier when removing different types of cases from the cleaner. I also keep one box of ammo on the loading bench at a time, all others in the range bag.
Being careful is important but quite honestly I simply prefer having correct headstamps, especially with cartridges that are a bit unusual. It's part of the fun of shooting these oddball guns.

richhodg66
06-14-2015, 03:12 PM
The only things this applies to me with is .22 Savage Highpower which I make from .25-35 brass and 7mm-08, which I make from GI brass. Seems like in the .32 Special, they said it was for some other reason (maybe it comes out to a shorter case length?), can't remember off hand.

salvadore
06-14-2015, 11:07 PM
Hey, I think I'm one of those guys who shouldn't own guns or reload. I don't mark my reloads, use 30/30 brass for 32 specials without segregating them, probably why I feel like I'm always working up a new load. I need to work on procedures so I can pontificate on safety fir
st. After 47 years I think I can change for the better, but first I need to go downstairs and figure out why my 2400 started looking different half way thru the cannister.

FromTheWoods
06-15-2015, 02:43 PM
Salvadore, "looking different" or "is" different. You seem to live-on-the-edge! Are there two different powders in that 2400 container? Do you have flowers that you'd care to fertilize? :wink:

huntrick64
06-15-2015, 05:29 PM
I just bought (last week) 250 new Winchester from Powder Valley for $118 plus about $10 shipping. They still have 50, 250, and 500 count in stock. Just another option.

salvadore
06-15-2015, 10:14 PM
That was a joke TheWoods, not a good one evidently.

OverMax
06-16-2015, 09:48 AM
Usually it isn't there in a farm store I shop occasionally. But this time it was. Quite a few bags of Winchester 32 Special I seen. Wanted a bag of 30-30 Federal. Those I (didn't) find. From what I seen that day I suspect Winchester recently made their seasonal run of 32 brass.

FromTheWoods
06-16-2015, 03:14 PM
I guess that's why I'm not a comedian making big money. No harm was meant toward you, Salvadore. Sometimes the written word does not carry the respect for another person that is intended. My apologies to you.

hpdrifter
06-18-2015, 07:20 PM
I've got a box of Hornady 32 Special if anybody wants some for a bit less than I paid for them.<$40+shipping.